Adrian Peterson requested trade to Cowboys

AzorAhai

Reaction score
[quunpopularrpatricc, post: 5985597, member: 7476"]I think I like Option C: draft a franchise rookie RB in first round, save $8-12m that you'd otherwise pay Murray or AP, and use that money to sign a FA pass rusher (which you wont find at #27, at least not one that will make a difference as a rookie). The beauty of this plan would be you get a cheap franchise RB for 5 years because he's drafted in 1st round.[/quote]

As unpopular as this opinion is with many of the members here, I think this is the best option. I don't care about the don't take a RB early crowd. I care about the follow your board crowd and I think it is very possible that board will have a RB at the top at 27.

Reaction score
and if that guy has a hard time learning the coverages, or turns out not to be what you think he is?
I having no problem with drafting a back, but later in the draft, and not to be the primary. Murray, AP, or worst case Ingram for me.

Willing to take my chances with Melvin Gordon or Todd Gurley. If Joseph Randle can run like an All Pro behind this O line, these guys can. And bring in a veteran 3rd down back if you have any worries about a rookie picking up the blitz.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
I think I like Option C: draft a franchise rookie RB in first round, save $8-12m that you'd otherwise pay Murray or AP, and use that money to sign a FA pass rusher (which you wont find at #27, at least not one that will make a difference as a rookie). The beauty of this plan would be you get a cheap franchise RB for 5 years because he's drafted in 1st round.

I would rather sign Dez long term
Tag Murray for one year in case last year wasn't a fluke
Sign a FA DE
Draft BPA in the first
Draft a RB in the 2nd or 3rd if they missed Gurley or Gordon in the first

locked&loaded

Reaction score
Bring in AD, draft Gurley in first round. Run the ball 40 times a game. Throw 25-ish times a game, pretty much all off play action, 50% of the passes go to Dez.

RonSpringsdaman20

Hold The Door!
Reaction score
Willing to take my chances with Melvin Gordon or Todd Gurley. If Joseph Randle can run like an All Pro behind this O line, these guys can. And bring in a veteran 3rd down back if you have any worries about a rookie picking up the blitz.

Gurley is hurt, is there a time frame for him yet? I don't trust Randle right now., and I also want to keep romo clean as a back story...... so to each his own I guess, we'll see which way they actually go.
I just know how we won this past year, if we reinforce that we could win it all this year. I trust they will make the right decision for the immediate future (or at least I think I trust em, is it blind?).

visionary

Reaction score
Lol @ the idea we would trade for AP

Vikes have to release him and he will be in Dallas. It's a done deal. Been saying it for months

JBS

Reaction score
I'm against paying rbs
I'm also against bringing in old rbs
Paying old rbs is a big no no

But

AD is a different breed. He's on a level of his own. I absolutely believe he would put us over the top

Sign me up

locked&loaded

Reaction score
Yes if you're paying big money.

I think at this point most people would expect that if he is brought in, either from Peterson talking his way out of Minnesota or them just not wanting to pay him, we would be paying him much less.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
Bring in AD, draft Gurley in first round. Run the ball 40 times a game. Throw 25-ish times a game, pretty much all off play action, 50% of the passes go to Dez.

You forgot to sign Murray and draft Jay Ajayi in the second. We could field the four horsemen all over again.

Nirvana

Reaction score
I'd like to sign Peterson (after he is cut,), draft David Johnson and trade Joseph Randle (or just be a final cut - doubt he'd fetch even a 5th rd pick.) Peterson, Williams and Johnson. Johnson is the 3rd down back, and KR/PR on special teams.

Kaiser

Reaction score
I think Peterson has requested a trade to Dallas and its one of two scenarios:

1 - Peterson wants to play in Dallas and knows from back channel discussions that he will make more money there than anyplace else.

2 - Jerry Jones has given Peterson a wink and a nod (and/or planted this story in the news) because he wants to use it as leverage in the negotiations with DeMarco Murray.

But the important thing to remember is that tampering doesn't happen in the NFL. Nope. Not here. Not a bit.

NEODOG

44cowboys22
Reaction score
If this happens.... The pick at #27 gets real interesting suddenly

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Its one thing to sign him. I'm not really up for that to be honest. But to trade for him? He's lost his mind. I'm not giving up even a 7th rounder for a guy who is about to get cut and WANTS to play for my team. Don't do what the Knicks did in getting Melo.