Adrian Peterson requested trade to Cowboys

RonSpringsdaman20

Hold The Door!
Reaction score
Its one thing to sign him. I'm not really up for that to be honest. But to trade for him? He's lost his mind. I'm not giving up even a 7th rounder for a guy who is about to get cut and WANTS to play for my team. Don't do what the Knicks did in getting Melo.

lol 7th rounder... Good Commentary on Melo....

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Isn't AP's remaining contract 3/$44M?

Jeeper creepers!

Yeah. And that's why nobody will give the Vikings anything for him. The RB salary market is coming way down, and Peterson's contract is the perfect example of the worst one. As bad as others like McCoy's are, Peterson's is so much worse. And typically, the team's paying big at RB arent paying bug and don't have much at QB.

Minnesota's choices are to either pay him what he's owed, or cut him. He's not about to rework his deal to stay there. And, given Murray's pending free agency, Peterson sees a great chance to move into the starting role here, running behind this offensive line, for a 12-4 team, in Texas, among the highest profile in all of sports.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It looks like Lynch is going to get a HUGE deal.

AP may not take much less than him.

It will largely depend on what is most important to him. If it's strictly money, he'd be best off staying in Minnesota. If it's other factors, all signs point to Dallas.

And if he has actually requested a trade to Dallas, money is not his motivating factor because he would be getting considerably less of it here.

MagicMan

Reaction score
Wish AP would just shut his piehole for now.....let things shake out and see if the Vikings are willing to pay him the $13 mil . I personally do not think so and it is just a smokescreen on their part in order to try to get a trade. AP has the leverage on the trade since no team would be willing to get stuck with that salary and would need to renegotiate it with AP, who would obviously not do so unless it is the Cowboys The Cowboys should NOT trade or give up anything to the Vikings and gamble on his release. The Vikings are stuck over a barrell on this one and no way you want to let them off.

For those skeptics on here who think AP is old, the guy keeps his body in shape year round and that was one reason he was able to come back sooner after that knee injury. He is a freak. He also had plenty of rest last year and he is ready to rumble this year. He has better breakaway speed than Murray does. Don't get me wrong, my first option has always been to resign Murray, but the Cowboys have probably given him a take it or leave it offer and are not going to over that.

phildadon86

Reaction score
Wish AP would just shut his piehole for now.....let things shake out and see if the Vikings are willing to pay him the $13 mil . I personally do not think so and it is just a smokescreen on their part in order to try to get a trade. AP has the leverage on the trade since no team would be willing to get stuck with that salary and would need to renegotiate it with AP, who would obviously not do so unless it is the Cowboys The Cowboys should NOT trade or give up anything to the Vikings and gamble on his release. The Vikings are stuck over a barrell on this one and no way you want to let them off.

For those skeptics on here who think AP is old, the guy keeps his body in shape year round and that was one reason he was able to come back sooner after that knee injury. He is a freak. He also had plenty of rest last year and he is ready to rumble this year. He has better breakaway speed than Murray does. Don't get me wrong, my first option has always been to resign Murray, but the Cowboys have probably given him a take it or leave it offer and are not going to over that.

Like I said. AP isn't human lol

NEODOG

44cowboys22
Reaction score
How? Wouldn't it be less interesting? It would eliminate the rb option

If this whole AP thing pans out.... I seriously think you go OL right there, maybe even the best run blocking grader TE(gasp). I'd say they back, pick up 2 2nd's, and do the above mentioned

JBS

Reaction score
If this whole AP thing pans out.... I seriously think you go OL right there, maybe even the best run blocking grader TE(gasp). I'd say they back, pick up 2 2nd's, and do the above mentioned

Nope. Makes it even easier to invest all other resources into defense