Adrian Peterson Sweepstakes ***Officially reinstated (again) and merged***

Status
Not open for further replies.

ufcrules1

Reaction score
Look, we're not giving up our first for Peterson, simple as that. It's not happening, the draft is less than 3 weeks away, Peterson isn't even on our radar at this point.

That is nothing more than your opinion man. For all we know, they may badly want AP and are trying to trade for him with MN. What you are clearly missing is we were "Almost" good enough to win the NFC last year. We have improved our defense by getting LEE back and adding Hardy. Not to mention this will be Demarcus Lawrence's first full year year and he could bring something to the table. We are literally a player or 2 away from going to the super bowl. When you are this close.. you GO FOR IT. Who knows what the future holds AFTER Romo. We could get lucky and get an awesome QB or we could get a pathetic QB. Right now we have a good QB, legit team, and only really 2 teams in our way (GB & Seattle) The time is now.. not 5 years for now. Our oline and 1800 yard back last year is what helped us get that far in the playoffs and now you want to trust that to a rookie and DMF?

mattjames2010

Reaction score
I was waiting for you to bring up Murray. Thats funny, we were one play away from being in the NFCCG, excuse me for being optimistic. Murray cost us that game. That 1800 yard running back put our defense back on the field instead of killing the clock or getting points. Argue all you want. Doesnt really bother me. You seem desperate to bring up Murray any chance you get. And you know hes not on our radar how? Are you in the "know?" Look, im stating my opinon your stating yours.

A number of things "cost us that game". Like the controversial call with a little over two minutes left in the game, the defense unable to stop the Packers twice on their final drive.

Something that happened early in the third quarter was not final nail in the coffin for that game.

ufcrules1

Reaction score
You don't draft for "immediate impact", you draft for potential and development. If you get "immediate impact", it's luck more than anything.

So you want our RB position THIS year to come down to luck when our whole season last year hinged on our running game? If we don't go get AP, then we will heavily be looking at RB in the draft. That means we will have a rookie at RB and DMF... who has been the worst starting RB in the whole in NFL for a while now. Murray was a good RB, not great but good. DMF is not even a good.

phildadon86

Reaction score
A number of things "cost us that game". Like the controversial call with a little over two minutes left in the game, the defense unable to stop the Packers twice on their final drive.

Something that happened early in the third quarter was not final nail in the coffin for that game.

Yes but that fumble gave that defense that was unable to stop Green Bay back on the field. We would have been up by another 7 points and had all the momentum. Murray fumbling and then us giving up the TD took all the momentum away from us. period. If you dont understand that you love murray more then the cowboys and the game of football and should just stop the lovefest with a player who now plays for the Eagles. Im sure im not the only one on this board that thinks the same

phildadon86

Reaction score
That is nothing more than your opinion man. For all we know, they may badly want AP and are trying to trade for him with MN. What you are clearly missing is we were "Almost" good enough to win the NFC last year. We have improved our defense by getting LEE back and adding Hardy. Not to mention this will be Demarcus Lawrence's first full year year and he could bring something to the table. We are literally a player or 2 away from going to the super bowl. When you are this close.. you GO FOR IT. Who knows what the future holds AFTER Romo. We could get lucky and get an awesome QB or we could get a pathetic QB. Right now we have a good QB, legit team, and only really 2 teams in our way (GB & Seattle) The time is now.. not 5 years for now. Our oline and 1800 yard back last year is what helped us get that far in the playoffs and now you want to trust that to a rookie and DMF?

Dont bother. I really think he is an Eagles fan. Also I have a feeling he is @PoundTheRock with a different username and account. But hey maybe im wrong

mattjames2010

Reaction score

You really think it would have been kept under wraps if we were going hard for Peterson in this day and age? Sure it's "my opinion" but we're not giving up our first round draft pick for a 30 year old RB with the draft right around the corner. We've had months to go after Peterson. IF we trade for Peterson, it won't be this year's picks(s), it will be next year. I think it would be that way for any team. And if Minny isn't giving up Peterson for a 2015 first round pick, Peterson won't be going anywhere.

And it's funny how any other time Lee is questionable to everyone here and "He won't make it through the season", but when the discussion of Peterson comes up, he's now the highlight of our defense and will help take them over the top. Let's also talk about Greg Hardy, if he happens to play to the level we all expect from him, I'd much rather our money go to him than an aging RB.

As for me wanting to trust a rookie and DMF? First off, I'm not going to overrate Peterson and say he's going to have a 2,000 yard season; I've said time and time again I expect him to have a 1,300 yard season with us, why? Because that's pretty much his average. A rookie RB could come in and give us a big season, multiple rookie RBs have in the past. It's not unheard of, and I'm not about to pay Peterson a similar contract to Lynch or give up draft picks for similar production when a rookie RB will come cheap.

And I disagree about us being a player or two away from winning the Super Bowl. There are a lot of "ifs" on our defense right now.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Yes but that fumble gave that defense that was unable to stop Green Bay back on the field. We would have been up by another 7 points and had all the momentum. Murray fumbling and then us giving up the TD took all the momentum away from us. period. If you dont understand that you love murray more then the cowboys and the game of football and should just stop the lovefest with a player who now plays for the Eagles. Im sure im not the only one on this board that thinks the same

This isn't hard to understand.

What hurts more or we would have benefited more from, a fumble early in the third quarter that MAY have resulted in a TD, or a TD from our offense in the late 4th that would have given us the lead? Or stopping the opposing offense with under two minutes and getting the ball back to give us the chance to get down the field and seal a victory?

Take some time to think about it.

And I like how you say I have blind love for Murray. I didn't even want Dallas to give Murray the contract he got with the Eagles, you are talking about giving up a first for a 30 year old RB.

phildadon86

Reaction score
You are, but this goes along with your fanfictions and other conspiracy theories.

My fanfictions and conspiracy theories? Saying that Murray cost us the game and that we are close and should be in a win now mode and get peterson is fanfiction and conspiring? Thats awesome. One play away from the NFCCG and im wrong about being close.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He's already said he would not take a pay cut and that's what Dallas needs from him. Hes not worth his pay

Can you show me a direct quote whet he says that? Others have attempted to make that same claim while failing to produce any evidence of its' validity.

phildadon86

Reaction score
This isn't hard to understand.

What hurts more, a fumble early in the third quarter that MAY have resulted in a TD, or a TD from our offense in the late 4th that would have given us the lead? Or stopping the opposing offense with under two minutes and getting the ball back to give us the chance to get down the field and seal a victory?

Take some time to think about it.

And I like how you say I have blind love for Murray. I didn't even want Dallas to give Murray the contract he got with the Eagles, you are talking about giving up a first for a 30 year old RB.

May have resulted in a TD? Did you even watch the game? Look im not arguing about this. You have your opinion i have mine. Losing the momentum we had on that drive because Murray never secures the ball was a back breaker for us. You are contradicting what you are saying. How can you sit there and hate on the defense but defend murray for putting them back on the field? Good job at making sense

mattjames2010

Reaction score
My fanfictions and conspiracy theories? Saying that Murray cost us the game and that we are close and should be in a win now mode and get peterson is fanfiction and conspiring? Thats awesome. One play away from the NFCCG and im wrong about being close.

Actually, no, your weird theories comes from saying Murray ONLY played well and stayed healthy for the draft and during contract year. He has the powers to prevent injury to be drafted or to get a big contract. It had nothing to do with our offensive philosophy change and actually giving him the ball rather than taking it away from him.

But let's just ignore all of that.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You don't draft for "immediate impact", you draft for potential and development. If you get "immediate impact", it's luck more than anything.

Despite popular thinking, we are still building for the future while attempting to win now. Putting all our chips in on one player is a setup for failure.

So is trying to have it both ways. It's either build for the future or try to win now.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yes he did. Why would anyone be willing to take a pay cut out right? The ball is I'm his court. Dallas is thin at the position and only have 1 good corner as it is. We cut him June 1st, who do we get?

Where's the proof other than you saying he did?

People have tried and failed to make this claim before.

Edit: my bad, I thought you were making this claim about Peterson, not Carr. My apologies.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
May have resulted in a TD? Did you even watch the game? Look im not arguing about this. You have your opinion i have mine. Losing the momentum we had on that drive because Murray never secures the ball was a back breaker for us. You are contradicting what you are saying. How can you sit there and hate on the defense but defend murray for putting them back on the field? Good job at making sense

You have absolutely not idea if he would have scored on that play, at all. The same goes for if the Dez non-catch was called a catch, we may have not. But this comes down the time these mistakes happened; a mistake late in the 4th in a close game is much more detrimental than one early in the 3rd.

We score a TD on our final offensive drive and stop GB, that's the game. Are you still going to argue against this? And you say I have bias.

phildadon86

Reaction score
Actually, no, your weird theories comes from saying Murray ONLY played well and stayed healthy for the draft and during contract year. He has the powers to prevent injury to be drafted or to get a big contract. It had nothing to do with our offensive philosophy change and actually giving him the ball rather than taking it away from him.

But let's just ignore all of that.

Weird theories? That is statistically true. Hes a contract performer. You think he would have played with a broken hand the season before last? Now whos living in a dream world

phildadon86

Reaction score
You have absolutely not idea if he would have scored on that play, at all. The same goes for if the Dez non-catch was called a catch, we may have not. But this comes down the time these mistakes happened; a mistake late in the 4th in a close game is much more detrimental than one early in the 3rd.

We score a TD on our final offensive drive and stop GB, that's the game. Are you still going to argue against this? And you say I have bias.

Murray had 60 yards of open field in front of him. If he didnt score hed prove another point ive made, he doesnt have top end speed. We lost our MOJO after the fumble. we got it back and got robbed of a legitmate catch. If murray had scored we probably wouldnt have been in that situation. That would have put them on the back foot and we could have defended the pass literally the rest of the game. You know what your opinion doesnt really matter to me anymore. Im done with this argument. You keep thinking your way.

DallasDW00ds0n

Reaction score
Where's the proof other than you saying he did?

People have tried and failed to make this claim before.

Edit: my bad, I thought you were making this claim about Peterson, not Carr. My apologies.

No my bad, I'm posting about Carr in this thread. Carrs name just enrages me

Status
Not open for further replies.