Adrian Peterson Sweepstakes ***Officially reinstated (again) and merged***

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The AD news will begin to ramp up again today.

Today is the day everything will go into motion. After we learn whether or not he is reinstated.

It might, but that's not a given. This date was ticketed as the first day he could be considered for reinstatement. But considering how slowly the NFL works and how vindictive they can be when challenged, it would surprise me if they announced his reinstatement today.

KalEl

KalEl 94
Reaction score
It might, but that's not a given. This date was ticketed as the first day he could be considered for reinstatement. But considering how slowly the NFL works and how vindictive they can be when challenged, it would surprise me if they announced his reinstatement today.

I think the fact that he met with them already last week. That there should be nothing holding up that decision.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think the fact that he met with them already last week. That there should be nothing holding up that decision.

Trust me, I agree. But the NFL never seems to work on a timely schedule and it's my opinion that they've mishandled these issues from start to finish. And based on that, I will be surprised if they do the right thing and handle things today.

phildadon86

Reaction score
Actually you couldn't be more wrong. A deal for AD is in the works. It's gonna come down to what the Vikings are willing to take. We won't give up more than a 2nd for next year or a 3rd this year.

A deal is already in the works? Source?

burmafrd

Reaction score
how long before we got 1000 posts in this thread? I say 2 days.

JoeBoBBY

Reaction score
how long before we got 1000 posts in this thread? I say 2 days.

wait for it..... wait for it....

I think its going to be a draft day trade. on the clock is the Dallas Cowboys....

"Dallas trades the 27th pick of the 2015 draft to the Minnesota Vikings".

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think its going to be a draft day trade. on the clock is the Dallas Cowboys....

"Dallas trades the 27th pick of the 2015 draft to the Minnesota Vikings".

Ugh. I sure as hell hope not. I do not want that contract.

JoeBoBBY

Reaction score
Ugh. I sure as hell hope not. I do not want that contract.

I dont want Romos contract, but I want Romo....

But, to be honest, I dont think AP will come down that much. I like to say "meet somewhere in the middle".....But, Peterson isn't coming down too far.....:( So, I would think, were going to have to pay him.

Which most likely means bye bye Carr. ? I don't know , I am not a cap guy....

I do it. I give up the one and pay him. I believe are Offense will be unstoppable at times. And I believe bringing AP to Dallas is the biggest impact you could make, if your trying to win a Super Bowl in the next few years.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I could see something like:

Dallas gives:
Carr

Minnesota gives:
ADP

Oh man, how I wish!

I see a 4th and conditional (2-4 based on performance) 2016 pick.

And then a contract of 3 years $25 million with half guaranteed.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
I could see something like:

Dallas gives:
Carr

Minnesota gives:
ADP

I could go for that IF Gurley and Gordon are gone. But I'd rather not give up a first-round, second-round or third-round pick for A.P. and not receive anything in return.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
I dont want Romos contract, but I want Romo....

But, to be honest, I dont think AP will come down that much. I like to say "meet somewhere in the middle".....But, Peterson isn't coming down too far.....:( So, I would think, were going to have to pay him.

Which most likely means bye bye Carr. ? I don't know , I am not a cap guy....

I do it. I give up the one and pay him. I believe are Offense will be unstoppable at times. And I believe bringing AP to Dallas is the biggest impact you could make, if your trying to win a Super Bowl in the next few years.

you can say bye bye to a player all you want, but you still have their $ count against the cap except now you have (2) players to replace.

Status
Not open for further replies.