Adrian Peterson Sweepstakes ***Officially reinstated (again) and merged***

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoeBoBBY

Reaction score
you can say bye bye to a player all you want, but you still have their $ count against the cap except now you have (2) players to replace.

I thought we would save about 7, 8 million if Carr is not with the team this year?

Silver N Blue

Reaction score
gee.

2000 yard back in a year when there was no passing threat to take the pressure off.
Full years rest.
a Chip the size of the Grand Canyon on his shoulder as regards proving everyone wrong about him.

no reason at all to want him.

Exactly y would cowboys fan want the best rb in the nfl running behind this line...simply puzzling..

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
gee.

2000 yard back in a year when there was no passing threat to take the pressure off.
Full years rest.
a Chip the size of the Grand Canyon on his shoulder as regards proving everyone wrong about him.

Yea, its a real head scratcher isn't it.:laugh:

Silver N Blue

Reaction score
how long before we got 1000 posts in this thread? I say 2 days.

I agree with superman's post earlier this is only going to pick up steam each day we get closer to the draft. I say by lunch tomorrow we hit 1k and if we continue to get credible rumors this will break the longest thread record; unless the mods allow another thread post! War Adrian Peterson becoming a Cowboy and war this breaking the record of the longest thread ever in the zone!

pansophy

Reaction score
gee.

Full years rest.

He did that one time and he has run over 1500 yards only twice, but people act like he is going to run 2000 yards for the next 4 years from age 30-34.

There is a disconnect with reality here. I'll take a rookie who will be productive for 4 or 5 years on a low salary than a 30 year old back that is going to cost a lot and has off the field issues.

I'm grateful we spent that money on Hardy, which addresses our teams biggest weakness and he's 26.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
I can't believe how many people want AP, let alone think we are actually going to get him. :facepalm:

Don't worry, just a couple more weeks of this nonsense before we draft an RB and this goes away. But there will still people clinging to the "credible rumors".

We're just bringing in every RB prospect under the sun as a smokescreen though. Our super secret operation to get Peterson is underway.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
He did that one time and he has run over 1500 yards only twice, but people act like he is going to run 2000 yards for the next 4 years from age 30-34.

There is a disconnect with reality here. I'll take a rookie who will be productive for 4 or 5 years on a low salary than a 30 year old back that is going to cost a lot and has off the field issues.

I'm grateful we spent that money on Hardy, which addresses our teams biggest weakness and he's 26.

I've been arguing this for pages now. These people have gone into either desperation mode or obsession mode and throw reality and logic out the window. These "credible sources" they bring up, if any other story, would be bogus to them.

But like I said, just a couple more weeks of this.

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
gee.

Full years rest.

Pushing 31 years of age. Himself, along with a team (hopefully not ours) dumb enough to overpay monetarily, plus draft picks, praying that the year off hasn't turned him into the NFL'S version of a castrated Tiger Woods.

Sorry, that's risking a lot; something I'm not willing to do considering we have one of the best O-lines in the NFL. Draft a young RB with some talent, and move on!

KalEl

KalEl 94
Reaction score
Pushing 31 years of age. Himself, along with a team (hopefully not ours) dumb enough to overpay monetarily, plus draft picks, praying that the year off hasn't turned him into the NFL'S version of a castrated Tiger Woods.

Sorry, that's risking a lot; something I'm not willing to do considering we have one of the best O-lines in the NFL. Draft a young RB with some talent, and move on!

Ya Tiger sucks. 13 months ago he was #1 in the world. He got banged up again. Now he's healthy and played rather well at the Masters. I'd rather have Tiger/AP on Sunday than an unknown rookie who we aren't sure if he's Spieth or David Duvall.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Ya Tiger sucks. 13 months ago he was #1 in the world. He got banged up again. Now he's healthy and played rather well at the Masters. I'd rather have Tiger/AP on Sunday than an unknown rookie who we aren't sure if he's Spieth or David Duvall.

Dallas apparently disagrees.

So, what rookie RB do you hope we draft?

pansophy

Reaction score
I've been arguing this for pages now. These people have gone into either desperation mode or obsession mode and throw reality and logic out the window. These "credible sources" they bring up, if any other story, would be bogus to them.

But like I said, just a couple more weeks of this.

Yeah I should just ignore it since it will be plain soon enough. I just don't get the fascination. Believing we are always one player away and making moves like this is what got us Joey Galloway.

phildadon86

Reaction score
Yeah I should just ignore it since it will be plain soon enough. I just don't get the fascination. Believing we are always one player away and making moves like this is what got us Joey Galloway.

So if AP is released. Which is id say 70/30 in favour of it happening. You wouldnt sign him to a team friendly deal if he would take it? Then draft a RB to learn from the master himself? Thats an interesting statement

KalEl

KalEl 94
Reaction score

Seriously? Galloway wasn't the missing piece to another chance at the SB. He was JJs desperate attempt to get Aikman someone to throw to after Irvin retired. Comparing AP to Galloway is laughable.

You guys who think Dallas isn't seriously trying to acquire AD couldn't be more wrong. The only way that we don't get him is if the Vikings want a 1st or 2nd this year. I'm telling you they let Murray walk because they knew they had a chance to get AD, period. If that falls through they have a back up plan in this deep RB draft.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Gurley is the only one worth taking in the first 2 rds IMO. You?

Not a big fan of Gurley, but I wouldn't be torn up about it if we drafted him, I'd understand why. In the first, I'd go with Gordon if he was there. Second, I'd go with Coleman. But I'd prefer for us to go defense in the first two rounds and try to get Allen or Yeldon (Who I think will fall) in third.

Status
Not open for further replies.