Adrian Peterson Sweepstakes ***Officially reinstated (again) and merged***

Status
Not open for further replies.

KalEl

KalEl 94
Reaction score
Not a big fan of Gurley, but I wouldn't be torn up about it if we drafted him, I'd understand why. In the first, I'd go with Gordon if he was there. Second, I'd go with Coleman. But I'd prefer for us to go defense in the first two rounds and try to get Allen or Yeldon (Who I think will fall) in third.

Ajay wouldn't be bad in the 3rd either. Not a big fan of Gordon. He didn't play the toughest competition in college and Wis rbs have been pretty awful in the NFL of late.

Nexx

Reaction score
Not a big fan of Gurley, but I wouldn't be torn up about it if we drafted him, I'd understand why. In the first, I'd go with Gordon if he was there. Second, I'd go with Coleman. But I'd prefer for us to go defense in the first two rounds and try to get Allen or Yeldon (Who I think will fall) in third.

Same here. I think he is good but the second best running back prospect since AD is stretching it. I really like Gordon and Coleman if either one drops to us in the second round.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Seriously? Galloway wasn't the missing piece to another chance at the SB. He was JJs desperate attempt to get Aikman someone to throw to after Irvin retired. Comparing AP to Galloway is laughable.

You guys who think Dallas isn't seriously trying to acquire AD couldn't be more wrong. The only way that we don't get him is if the Vikings want a 1st or 2nd this year. I'm telling you they let Murray walk because they knew they had a chance to get AD, period. If that falls through they have a back up plan in this deep RB draft.

I think they let Murray walk for the exact reason Jones stated, they don't see value in giving a 27 year old RB a big contract. IT had nothing to do with AD, his entire situation is still murky. They don't know if AD/his agent and the Viking's owner will kiss and make up, or if he'll be released and have to fight for him in FA.

And I've said this before, the contract AD will be shooting for is somewhere around what Lynch is getting in Seattle if he's released. We are not giving a 30 year old a two year deal worth somewhere near $24 million.

KalEl

KalEl 94
Reaction score
Same here. I think he is good but the second best running back prospect since AD is stretching it. I really like Gordon and Coleman if either one drops to us in the second round.

Gordon won't make it out of the 1st rd. Coleman will go high in the 2nd too.

Broges74

JerryJonesMustGo
Reaction score
Gurley is a good bet as far as rook rbs go.

I believe we are doing the smart thing and having a backup plan by doing our due diligence. If the Vikes refuse to deal in reality, we go with plan b. Make no mistake, plan a was AP and still is. Just a matter of if the controlling party plans making us go to plan b.

Hardy = all in
Peterson = all in...

KalEl

KalEl 94
Reaction score
I think they let Murray walk for the exact reason Jones stated, they don't see value in giving a 27 year old RB a big contract. IT had nothing to do with AD, his entire situation is still murky. They don't know if AD/his agent and the Viking's owner will kiss and make up, or if he'll be released and have to fight for him in FA.

And I've said this before, the contract AD will be shooting for is somewhere around what Lynch is getting in Seattle if he's released. We are not giving a 30 year old a two year deal worth somewhere near $24 million.

He will give JJ a hometown discount. If he the deal goes down. It most certainly had to do with Murray's value and the opportunity to get AD. Jerry wants AD.

KalEl

KalEl 94
Reaction score
Gurley is a good bet as far as rook rbs go.

I believe we are doing the smart thing and having a backup plan by doing our due diligence. If the Vikes refuse to deal in reality, we go with plan b. Make no mistake, plan a was AP and still is. Just a matter of if the controlling party plans making us go to plan b.

Hardy = all in
Peterson = all in...

Wrong.

Hardy = filling a need with a risk free contract with a potential multi-year stud DE if he behaves.

pansophy

Reaction score
Seriously? Galloway wasn't the missing piece to another chance at the SB. He was JJs desperate attempt to get Aikman someone to throw to after Irvin retired. Comparing AP to Galloway is laughable.

You guys who think Dallas isn't seriously trying to acquire AD couldn't be more wrong. The only way that we don't get him is if the Vikings want a 1st or 2nd this year. I'm telling you they let Murray walk because they knew they had a chance to get AD, period. If that falls through they have a back up plan in this deep RB draft.

They didn't just let Murray go because he's ready to hit during this contract the 30 year old decline RB's experience. The fact that people are convinced that we didn't sign Murray because we have a shot at signing a guy under contract with another team and not even reinstated yet shows how delusional the argument has gone.

Broges74

JerryJonesMustGo
Reaction score
Wrong.

Hardy = filling a need with a risk free contract with a potential multi-year stud DE if he behaves.

Right

Hardy will miss quite a few games And can walk at the end of the season. Jerry knows the end is near For him running his own personal fantasy football team.

All in.

jnday

Reaction score
Exactly y would cowboys fan want the best rb in the nfl running behind this line...simply puzzling..

He may not be the best RB in the league at this point. Nobody knows how a layoff effected him. If he is the best, he won't be for long. He is fast, but there is no outrunning Father Time. I remember the Acards thinking they had the best RB in the league when they signed Emmitt.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Right

Hardy will miss quite a few games And can walk at the end of the season. Jerry knows the end is near For him running his own personal fantasy football team.

All in.

More talk about us being in a "win now" state.

*sigh*, I feel like I'm talking to a wall with some of you. This is the most patient our team has been in years, we are making sound decisions these past few years. We are giving Romo the help he needs to win a Super Bowl while building for the future.

Hardy got a one year deal, it filled a need, but it was not "all in".

Broges74

JerryJonesMustGo
Reaction score
They didn't just let Murray go because he's ready to hit during this contract the 30 year old decline RB's experience. The fact that people are convinced that we didn't sign Murray because we have a shot at signing a guy under contract with another team and not even reinstated yet shows how delusional the argument has gone.

You honestly cannot think there is 0 shot and that the Cowboys are not interested in Adrian Peterson. That cannot be your stance.Jerry is all in. Hwe cannot resist this temptation. AP is like crack in front of a recovering crack addict. I wouldn't put money on not having a relapse.

The only way this doesn't go down is the Vikes playing hardball.

Last edited:

KalEl

KalEl 94
Reaction score

Keep telling yourself that. Eventually you'll believe it.

KalEl

KalEl 94
Reaction score
More talk about us being in a "win now" state.

*sigh*, I feel like I'm talking to a wall with some of you. This is the most patient our team has been in years, we are making sound decisions these past few years. We are giving Romo the help he needs to win a Super Bowl while building for the future.

Hardy got a one year deal, it filled a need, but it was not "all in".

Plus the 1 year deal was to see if it will work for the future. They didn't rent Hardy for a year. They took a chance on a guy that could end up being here a long time.

KalEl

KalEl 94
Reaction score
He may not be the best RB in the league at this point. Nobody knows how a layoff effected him. If he is the best, he won't be for long. He is fast, but there is no outrunning Father Time. I remember the Acards thinking they had the best RB in the league when they signed Emmitt.

Difference is AD hasn't taken hits for over a year. The lay off will only make him more eager and fresh for the future. Remember when they said he'd never be the same after his knee injury. How'd he respond to that? Case closed.

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
Difference is AD hasn't taken hits for over a year. The lay off will only make him more eager and fresh for the future. Remember when they said he'd never be the same after his knee injury. How'd he respond to that? Case closed.

That was three years ago, when he was 27. The following season, at age 28, his average dropped by 1.5 yards per carry. He's now 30. If by some chance he becomes available, you can't expect the 27-year-old Adrian Peterson to show up again.

JoeBoBBY

Reaction score
I found this article about elite running backs, RBBC, and average RBs and how it relates to team success. Decent article written in 2012.

If you get all the way through it, he ends up talking about whether they should sign Lynch or not (Seattle Fan). I think they made the right decision.

I will also say, the Cowboys had their best year in 20 years relying on the Running Game, and we have a QB with a back issue. I am not putting Romo down, but we have seen the results of letting him chuck-it 40 times a game.

http://www.fieldgulls.com/2012/1/21...-bowl-running-backs-gore-rice-giants-patriots

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
That was three years ago, when he was 27. The following season, at age 28, his average dropped by 1.5 yards per carry. He's now 30. If by some chance he becomes available, you can't expect the 27-year-old Adrian Peterson to show up again.

Maybe he is not AP of 3 years ago, but is he better than McFadden and a rookie?

Yea, he is

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
Maybe he is not AP of 3 years ago, but is he better than McFadden and a rookie?

Yea, he is

He might or might not be better than a rookie. And he'd undoubtedly cost a lot more than McFadden.

If Peterson is even available, the question is whether he'd be worth the cost. I doubt it.

Status
Not open for further replies.