Adrian Peterson Sweepstakes ***Officially reinstated (again) and merged***

Status
Not open for further replies.

jnday

Reaction score
Difference is AD hasn't taken hits for over a year. The lay off will only make him more eager and fresh for the future. Remember when they said he'd never be the same after his knee injury. How'd he respond to that? Case closed.

No, really this is nothing but hope on your part. He is getting to the age that he doesn't decide what he wants to do. His body makes those decisions.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
He might or might not be better than a rookie. And he'd undoubtedly cost a lot more than McFadden.

If Peterson is even available, the question is whether he'd be worth the cost. I doubt it.

Well a Ford Prius is undoubtedly cheaper than a Ferrari too, but don't expect to win any races.....................sometimes in life you actually do get what you pay for.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
My sources say that AP............

will not be in Cowboys uniform this year or ever.

Sorry to spoil the party guys. But lets be real. It just ain't gonna happen.

RonSpringsdaman20

Hold The Door!
Reaction score
this thread is insanity....
people arguing over the mindset of the franchise...
just sit back and find out. You have no idea what's going to happen until it happens.

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
Well a Ford Prius is undoubtedly cheaper than a Ferrari too, but don't expect to win any races.....................sometimes in life you actually do get what you pay for.

Like I said, I don't think Peterson would be worth the cost. Would you rather pay for a Ferrari and get a Dodge Charger or pay for a Prius and get a Prius?

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeah I should just ignore it since it will be plain soon enough. I just don't get the fascination. Believing we are always one player away and making moves like this is what got us Joey Galloway.

And it's also what got them Greg Hardy this year.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
And it's also what got them Greg Hardy this year.

We didn't get Hardy because we feell we are one player away. I don't think anyone would believe our defense is now suddenly fixed. Including after we signed RoMc.

Silver N Blue

Reaction score
He may not be the best RB in the league at this point. Nobody knows how a layoff effected him. If he is the best, he won't be for long. He is fast, but there is no outrunning Father Time. I remember the Acards thinking they had the best RB in the league when they signed Emmitt.

Emmitt was done at that point...AD is not.

Silver N Blue

Reaction score
Gurley is the only one worth taking in the first 2 rds IMO. You?

I like Gurley but the more I have read about Coleman that would be the guy for me. He was the offense at Indiana, played hurt all last year, and his pro day yesterday he ran 4.4 40s...can you imagine that straighline speed with the hole the offense line made for Murray last year against Green Bay..instead of a game changing fumble he would have been gone gone gone...As for Gurley/Gordon I just think they will both be gone before the 27th pick. The Chargers and Cardinals need RBs and I would be shocked if they both don't go in those two slots.

Silver N Blue

Reaction score
this thread is insanity....
people arguing over the mindset of the franchise...
just sit back and find out. You have no idea what's going to happen until it happens.

yeah but come on take a look at all the other threads...this situation may very be a game changer....and brings the most enthusiasm to the table right now..be it positive or negative..
8 more to go and its not even 7 am!!

phildadon86

Reaction score
More talk about us being in a "win now" state.

*sigh*, I feel like I'm talking to a wall with some of you. This is the most patient our team has been in years, we are making sound decisions these past few years. We are giving Romo the help he needs to win a Super Bowl while building for the future.

Hardy got a one year deal, it filled a need, but it was not "all in".

I really think you are delusional to believe Jerry doesn't want to win now. Mid season he came out and said "Romo not having a ring is our fault for not putting thr pieces around him" You can sit here keep pointing fingers and saying we are wrong and you are right but at the end of the day. Jerry like 90 percent of the people on this board know that Romo has 2 years left maybe 3. Our window is getting smaller and Jerry wants his old warhorses to hoist the Lombardi. I really don't understand how hard that is for you to understand. The only reason we did the patient thing last year and drafted Martin is because stephen basically took the phone out of Jerry's hand. Yet you sit there and basically call the people who believe that jerry isn't in a win now frame of mind idiots. Amazing. Stop trolling

KalEl

KalEl 94
Reaction score
That was three years ago, when he was 27. The following season, at age 28, his average dropped by 1.5 yards per carry. He's now 30. If by some chance he becomes available, you can't expect the 27-year-old Adrian Peterson to show up again.

Who else was on offense the last 3 years?

KalEl

KalEl 94
Reaction score
No, really this is nothing but hope on your part. He is getting to the age that he doesn't decide what he wants to do. His body makes those decisions.

Tell John Riggins that he had his best years at age 30 and 34

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We didn't get Hardy because we feell we are one player away. I don't think anyone would believe our defense is now suddenly fixed. Including after we signed RoMc.

We signed the best pass rusher available to a one year deal right? Why do that if you're not trying to win now?

And nobody ever claimed the defense was 'fixed', just that signing Hardy improves the pass rush.

Why not try to win now while you still have a franchise quarterback?

There is no patience in the era of free agency. You simply don't have time to wait.

KalEl

KalEl 94
Reaction score
I like Gurley but the more I have read about Coleman that would be the guy for me. He was the offense at Indiana, played hurt all last year, and his pro day yesterday he ran 4.4 40s...can you imagine that straighline speed with the hole the offense line made for Murray last year against Green Bay..instead of a game changing fumble he would have been gone gone gone...As for Gurley/Gordon I just think they will both be gone before the 27th pick. The Chargers and Cardinals need RBs and I would be shocked if they both don't go in those two slots.

Sounds like its a real possibility that the Chargers are trading Rivers for MM. The leaves only AZ they can't take a guy like Gurley IMO because they need immediate help now. Gurley will more than likely start the season on the pup. The boys can take him and ride a combo of Randle, Williams, or DMac based on who makes the team.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Really? With all his problems and you wonder why we signed him to a 1 year deal? Comon Stash.

'With all his problems' and we still signed him at all? Now you come on.

We signed him because he does the one thing we couldn't last year. Something that cost us big time in that playoff game at Green Bay, which if we win, we're a game away from the Super Bowl.

This team was 12-4 last year, why wouldn't they be in win now mode?

Your quarterback has two to three years left, why shouldn't they be in win now mode?

And how does trying to win now stop you from adding talent for now and the future in the draft?

KalEl

KalEl 94
Reaction score
We signed the best pass rusher available to a one year deal right? Why do that if you're not trying to win now?

And nobody ever claimed the defense was 'fixed', just that signing Hardy improves the pass rush.

Why not try to win now while you still have a franchise quarterback?

There is no patience in the era of free agency. You simply don't have time to wait.

They didn't sign Hardy as the "missing piece" or because they are in win now mode. They took a chance on a young top pass rusher to fill a big need. They were smart enough to not take a big risk with the contract and if all works out than they can sign him long term if he becomes the RKG.

If they get AD that would be a move that is more in line with a "win now" missing piece decision.

Status
Not open for further replies.