Adrian Peterson Sweepstakes ***Officially reinstated (again) and merged***

Status
Not open for further replies.

Howboutdemcowboys31

Reaction score
Almost as sad as those obsessed with trying to tell others what they should or shouldn't talk about...

:laugh:

Stash im riding with you on this AP thread. I would love a Gurley, Gordon etc to build on but if I have a chance of getting AP for like a second rounder im pushing my chips in. I want to win now and not think about what may happen years from now. Even if we sign AP, this teams full of young inexpensive good players. In my opinion the only way signing AP could blow up negatively is if he or Romo has a season ending injury, which is a risk you face every year regardless. I would rather win one in the next two years and talk about it for the rest of my life, then not take a risk, still fail, and talk about that for the rest of my life

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Nothing to come on about. It's been well debated in here it is a very Cowboy friendly contract with no risk to the team at all.

And nobody is disputing that. Just like there's no disputing the fact that any help that Hardy provides is to win now, this year. Nothing in his entire one year, no franchise tag arrangement says anything about 'building' or 'long term'.

If that's not win now, I don't know what qualifies.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I wonder how much the A A Ron trial has to do with this hold up. Goodell has to be very concerned about how he handles things going forward.

I think its absurd to hold these teams hostage. I can't believe the PA is screaming already!

I think that the Players' Union does need to step it up and I wouldn't be surprised if they're investigating their legal options behind the scenes already.

The league is playing fast and loose with the rules and making it up as they go along with the players simply expected to take it. Whatever they signed up for in the current collective bargaining agreement, it didn't include this nonsense.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
obsession
noun ob·ses·sion \äb-ˈse-shən, əb-\

: a state in which someone thinks about someone or something constantly or frequently especially in a way that is not normal
: someone or something that a person thinks about constantly or frequently
: an activity that someone is very interested in or spends a lot of time doing

Full Definition of OBSESSION
: a persistent disturbing preoccupation with an often unreasonable idea or feeling; broadly : compelling motivation <an obsession with profits>
: something that causes an obsession

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/obsession

kool1.jpg

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Stash im riding with you on this AP thread. I would love a Gurley, Gordon etc to build on but if I have a chance of getting AP for like a second rounder im pushing my chips in. I want to win now and not think about what may happen years from now. Even if we sign AP, this teams full of young inexpensive good players. In my opinion the only way signing AP could blow up negatively is if he or Romo has a season ending injury, which is a risk you face every year regardless. I would rather win one in the next two years and talk about it for the rest of my life, then not take a risk, still fail, and talk about that for the rest of my life

We're in complete agreement here. There are no guarantees in life, but I feel that you can do the best you can to give yourself the best percentages for success.

And I would like to sum up what you're stating above in plain terms, would you rather a 1st round defensive player and Adrian Peterson with the second rounder, or Gurley/Gordon in round one an a lesser defensive player in round two?

Give me the 1st round defender and Peterson, all day, every day!

:thumbup:

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Restructing everyone available to the max and signing a bunch of FA's?

Your requirements differ greatly from my own.

And by the way, the team just did restructure its' most expensive contract. Two of them in fact.

That speaks loudly to me.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
obsession
noun ob·ses·sion \äb-ˈse-shən, əb-\

: a state in which someone thinks about someone or something constantly or frequently especially in a way that is not normal
: someone or something that a person thinks about constantly or frequently
: an activity that someone is very interested in or spends a lot of time doing

Full Definition of OBSESSION
: a persistent disturbing preoccupation with an often unreasonable idea or feeling; broadly : compelling motivation <an obsession with profits>
: something that causes an obsession

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/obsession

Welcome back to the thread!

:grin:

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Your requirements differ greatly from my own.

And by the way, the team just did restructure its' most expensive contract. Two of them in fact.

That speaks loudly to me.

You're reaching.

We restructured because it was a necessity to sign draft picks. We didn't do it to sign every big name FA under the sun. You really just don't have a grasp on what a "Win now" is at all if you used that as an example.

Silver N Blue

Reaction score
You're reaching.

We restructured because it was a necessity to sign draft picks. We didn't do it to sign every big name FA under the sun. You really just don't have a grasp on what a "Win now" is at all if you used that as an example.

And someone with such a narrow minded opinion does? Common man...

Status
Not open for further replies.