Adrian Peterson Sweepstakes ***Officially reinstated (again) and merged***

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silver N Blue

Reaction score
This drives up price,,,?? Not good , but I dont see AP wanting to play the remaining of his career in Oakland.....? Just for the extra few million? Money is money, but for AP, who has money and will get money, there has to be more to it then that.

He has to take pride in being the best. One of the best of all time. You would have to think, he doesnt want to get buried in oakland.....?

Yeah not worried Oakland wasn't even on his list of teams that came out he would be willing to play for.

Zordon

Reaction score
lol espn is trying to make a big deal (tampering) about the cowboys website writing a hypothetical article about what AP would do for the cowboys.

Silver N Blue

Reaction score
lol espn is trying to make a big deal (tampering) about the cowboys website writing a hypothetical article about what AP would do for the cowboys.
We should forward them the 400 or so other articles that have been wrote since Jan on the same subject....pathetic.

JoeBoBBY

Reaction score
again this all comes down to one simple thing those who feel that all in centered around Romo and once he is gone the Cowboys will suck, I don't buy that I think if Dallas plans wisely they can live past Romo but acting as if it is all or nothing more times than not you end up with nothing.

They may not "suck" after Romo, but ....switching Franchise QBs isnt an easy thing to do.

And besides. Who doesnt want to see Romo in the Super Bowl?

JoeBoBBY

Reaction score
Tell that to Jerry and Stephen Jones who just signed two players to prove it deals.

Obviously, it does work that way.

So you take the low percentage of a calculation and ignore the higher percentage and place more weight to it, in order to defend your statements....

ok little buddy ok.......

I think we should force Dez to a "prove it" deal. And Romo to, since he is getting older..

Doomsday101

Reaction score
They may not "suck" after Romo, but ....switching Franchise QBs isnt an easy thing to do.

And besides. Who doesnt want to see Romo in the Super Bowl?

I want to see Romo win a SB AP does not ensure that at all. I hate to repeat myself but if it is not costing draft pick or picks and it comes at a good price then great but outside of that there are a number of quality RB in this draft

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
And I have never once said that Jerry or Stephen needed to comment on this right now, did I? Don't put words in my mouth, that **** annoys me.

No, the fact is that you haven't said ANYTHING! You make a claim and give no parameters or qualifications to meet the ridiculous demands you set forth. Like this nonsense about proof that can't possibly exist and requiring Peterson to 'prove something' at a time when there's no football to be played.

And what part of "Prove it deal" are you not understanding? It's straight forward. A prove it deal is just that, SHOW US YOU STILL GOT IT! IF you still have it, THEN you get the bigger contract.

You've had trouble understanding this for a while now. I don't get what is complicated with it.

It's garbage, plain and simple. Peterson has a Hall of Fame career of 'prove it' on display, he needs to prove nothing.

But coming from you and the fountain of nonsense that spews forth, it is par for the course.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This is idiotic. Do you understand how terrible the league is with touting offensive lines or lineman? Have you seen over-the-hill lineman making the pro-bowl before? Andre Gurode? Jeff ******* Saturday?

Saturday was pretty much benched in 2012 and made the damn probowl!

As expected. Yet another failure...

JoeBoBBY

Reaction score
I want to see Romo win a SB AP does not ensure that at all. I hate to repeat myself but if it is not costing draft pick or picks and it comes at a good price then great but outside of that there are a number of quality RB in this draft

And I get that.... I do. But as this debate has gone on, I am more convinced the right move is to make a play for AP.

Where is the stop point? a 2nd or 3rd? 6-9 million? I'm not quite sure......But there is a point it becomes too much of a risk.....

I have come up a good deal. I would go as high a first and I would pay 8-9 million.....any more then that and I start looking at a rookie....

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Latest on AP---sure to appease mattjames, the dead guy from the matrix, and doom.....

An NFL general manager told Bleacher Report's Mike Freeman that he believes the Raiders are "right there" in the mix to trade for Adrian Peterson.
ESPN Raiders reporter Bill Williamson adds that he "keeps hearing" Oakland connected to Peterson. GM Reggie McKenzie has been trying to add star power to his roster and Peterson would certainly fit the bill. And the Raiders are one team with the cap space to take on A.D.'s $12.75 million cap hit. It's definitely concerning for Latavius Murray owners that McKenzie has seemed hellbent on adding talent to his backfield, first flirting with DeMarco Murray and now Peterson.
Related: [SIZE=+0]Raiders[/SIZE]

:lmao:

That is side-splittingly hilarious!

Does anyone - anyone - honestly expect that Adrian Peterson would refuse to show up in Minnesota, but then agree to show up and play for the worst franchise in the NFL? A team so poorly run that they can't even get decent head coaching candidates to consider them?

Please speak up if you do!

:facepalm:

Sydla

Reaction score
I don't understand those that claim they wouldn't give up any draft picks for him. I mean I get not giving up first rounders or maybe 2nd rounders for him.

So just so I understand this, if the Vikings came to you and said, "Look, AP doesn't want to play for us and it's pointless to try to make this work. Flip us a 4th rounder this year and 4th rounder next year and you can have him..........." some of you would say no?

LOL.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
And I get that.... I do. But as this debate has gone on, I am more convinced the right move is to make a play for AP.

Where is the stop point? a 2nd or 3rd? 6-9 million? I'm not quite sure......But there is a point it becomes too much of a risk.....

I have come up a good deal. I would go as high a first and I would pay 8-9 million.....any more then that and I start looking at a rookie....

I would not give up a 4th rd pick and in terms of money 4 mill a year. As I mentioned earlier when all this talk first came up no one was saying draft picks or 8 to 9 mill but now that is looks like that is what is would cost, some of us are willing to say NO.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I don't understand those that claim they wouldn't give up any draft picks for him. I mean I get not giving up first rounders or maybe 2nd rounders for him.

So just so I understand this, if the Vikings came to you and said, "Look, AP doesn't want to play for us and it's pointless to try to make this work. Flip us a 4th rounder this year and 4th rounder next year and you can have him..........." some of you would say no?

LOL.

Yes I would say NO. At one time when this all started it was not costing us a damn thing and AP was going to give us this great hometown discount that is not going to happen and I would not give up young players for a 30 year old RB period.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
No, the fact is that you haven't said ANYTHING! You make a claim and give no parameters or qualifications to meet the ridiculous demands you set forth. Like this nonsense about proof that can't possibly exist and requiring Peterson to 'prove something' at a time when there's no football to be played.

It's garbage, plain and simple. Peterson has a Hall of Fame career of 'prove it' on display, he needs to prove nothing.

But coming from you and the fountain of nonsense that spews forth, it is par for the course.

Let's break this down for you: A one year contract, that's during the 2015-2016 season. There's no football to played? Uh, he'd have 16 games to play. He'd have 16 games to prove himself.

And yes, the ol' Favre crap. Remember him and Rodgers feud? He was in the league for 17 years, he didn't have to prove anything. Give the man a starting spot, give the man a big contract because of something he did 3 years ago.

phildadon86

Reaction score
If this was true, then there would no need for a cap.

It's true, there's plenty of options to create cap space, that does not mean there is no effects in the future. We have seen the effects of bad contracts in the past hurting us recently, a few of those contracts we regret.

If we wanted, I'm sure we could find room for Peterson; that doesn't make it a good idea or that the risk is any less. The fact that we'd have to restructure contracts or have to do something creative just to get enough room to bring him in tells me it's a bad idea.

Stephen Jones came out and said the cap is just there. You can sign anyone at any given time by moving money around. Is it smart no. But the cap is really just there. I'll take stephen jones words over yours sorry

mattjames2010

Reaction score

LOL.

Yes, without hesitation.

LOL

JoeBoBBY

Reaction score
I would not give up a 4th rd pick and in terms of money 4 mill a year. As I mentioned earlier when all this talk first came up no one was saying draft picks or 8 to 9 mill but now that is looks like that is what is would cost, some of us are willing to say NO.

And I get that;

But I think all was wishful thinking.....

If we want the best running back in the league. As determined by the majority of the NFL community, not including fans, were going to have to pay for it.

Or, we take a flyer on a kid coming right out of college;

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Stephen Jones came out and said the cap is just there. You can sign anyone at any given time by moving money around. Is it smart no. But the cap is really just there. I'll take stephen jones words over yours sorry

Haha, that's EXACTLY what I just said.

I just said you can sign anyone, I said it wasn't smart, EXACTLY what Stephen said. Wow!

Doomsday101

Reaction score
And I get that;

But I think all was wishful thinking.....

If we want the best running back in the league. As determined by the majority of the NFL community, not including fans, were going to have to pay for it.

Or, we take a flyer on a kid coming right out of college;

Best in 2012? sure this is 2015 and his last season he played 1,200 yards sorry not paying 8 to 9 mill a year for that. If I was I would have rather kept Murray

Status
Not open for further replies.