Adrian Peterson Sweepstakes ***Officially reinstated (again) and merged***

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoeBoBBY

Reaction score
They said RGIII was good as well. AP gets their respect they will give him the benefit of the doubt and if they are wrong guess what they don't care. Fact is the man has not played a full season since 2012 and in 2013 was not exactly setting the league on fire. We differ I would rather get a young RB than a 30 year old back that will cost us picks and likely come at a much higher cost

They said that until he started to play in the NFL. College success sometimes doesnt equate to NFL................. Right?

But, go ahead and discount all that is said about Jim Brown, Troy Aikman, Emmitt, Irvin, the list is endless.

Are you going to claim AP hasn't proven himself in the NFL?
Are we really arguing that AP should be compared to RGIII?

So, if a RB sits out a year and doesnt take hits, its bad.
If a RB plays and does take hits, its also bad. ?
ummmmm.

And, you pay for talent in the NFL. That is the way the entire model has been set up.
That is of course. If the goal is to win a Super Bowl.

Silver N Blue

Reaction score
It's actually enlightening. If there are posters who don't agree that AD is, hands down, the best RB in the NFL right now, you can see why they aren't as gung-ho to bring him in. While I can see the argument that age and time off raise legitimate questions, in my own poll of one, there's no doubt at all about who's the best player at that position in the league, and it's not really close. My own guess is that that's a majority opinion league-wide, but I just looked and there's no recent poll to support that. I guess we'll just have to do our diligence and see what happens next season.

Your not alone....Fabiano annointed him the #1 fantasy RB upon reinstatement as well...

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It's actually enlightening. If there are posters who don't agree that AD is, hands down, the best RB in the NFL right now, you can see why they aren't as gung-ho to bring him in. While I can see the argument that age and time off raise legitimate questions, in my own poll of one, there's no doubt at all about who's the best player at that position in the league, and it's not really close. My own guess is that that's a majority opinion league-wide, but I just looked and there's no recent poll to support that. I guess we'll just have to do our diligence and see what happens next season.

Here's the last poll I found before the start of last season:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...drian-peterson-headlines-top-20-running-backs

mattjames2010

Reaction score
So this somehow makes Brett Favre not good and a Hall of Famer? Your attempts at logic are terrible.

No, this means the Packers made the right decision. Rodgers > Favre despite Favre's HOF stats.

Are you really going to argue against this?

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No, this means the Packers made the right decision. Rodgers > Favre despite Favre's HOF stats.

Are you really going to argue against this?

What I'm not going to do is let you run away from being wrong yet again and desperately run down another alleyway of argument.

This subject has zero to do with the topic of Adrian Peterson and I'm not about to waste time discussing it.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Based on consensus opinion of fans, coaches, GM's and everyone that covers the NFL. Essentially, anyone not named Doomsday101.

His body of work speaks for itself, if anyone doesn't have a case, it is those doubting him, with absolutely zero evidence to back up their claims. Those are the people without a leg to stand on.

A Hall of Fame career is all the 'prove it' he needs.

So in your mind, 1 game in 2014 is more important than 7 years of success? Got it.

And an apples to oranges comparison attempting to compare a guy who had one great year on a stacked team with 3 Pro Bowl linemen with a guy doing it all alone, save for one season. Well done.

Again, you are totally and utterly alone in your claim that Murray is anywhere near the talent of Peterson. Other than that one guy, and that's not company anyone would want to keep.

Great I'm glad there is a consensus yet please show poll oh this is what you have seen yet I have seen some who are unsure. as for recent times he had some very poor games in 2013 season was also injured he was not playing outstanding football certainly not worth the money he was making. So excuse me if I don't want to see Dallas give up picks and big money for a 30 fricken year old RB. If you guys are wrong do me a favor lay off Jerry since this is the stupid move you guys cry about and yet are buying into hook line and sinker.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Your not alone....Fabiano annointed him the #1 fantasy RB upon reinstatement as well...

He's just a beast. I could watch his highlight reel for hours. And to do that against NFL defenses when they come in knowing they're playing the Adrian Peterson show is just insane. He's one of my favorite players in the league to watch.

Deion, as much as I can't stand him, was like that on the field. Just on another level athletically, and everybody knew it. There have only been a handful of guys like that in the history of the league. Barry. Bo Jackson. Dickerson and Moss, maybe. Just a great, great athlete.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
What I'm not going to do is let you run away from being wrong yet again and desperately run down another alleyway of argument.

This subject has zero to do with the topic of Adrian Peterson and I'm not about to waste time discussing it.

Haha, of course you're not. You just brought up how a HOF player doesn't need to prove themselves, I bring up a counter-argument, and now you don't want to discuss it.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
They said that until he started to play in the NFL. College success sometimes doesnt equate to NFL................. Right?

But, go ahead and discount all that is said about Jim Brown, Troy Aikman, Emmitt, Irvin, the list is endless.

Are you going to claim AP hasn't proven himself in the NFL?
Are we really arguing that AP should be compared to RGIII?

So, if a RB sits out a year and doesnt take hits, its bad.
If a RB plays and does take hits, its also bad. ?
ummmmm.

And, you pay for talent in the NFL. That is the way the entire model has been set up.
That is of course. If the goal is to win a Super Bowl.

AP has been an outstanding RB I'm no5t interested what he did in the past fact is at 1,200 yards that is not worth the big money it is not worth draft picks. In his prime I would have loved to have him at 30 at a low cost and nothing more than a 5th rd pick I would gladly take him but Dallas was not going to pay a guy like Ware that kind of money has he got older why on earth would I turn around and give big money to an older RB?

Silver N Blue

Reaction score
He's just a beast. I could watch his highlight reel for hours. And to do that against NFL defenses when they come in knowing they're playing the Adrian Peterson show is just insane. He's one of my favorite players in the league to watch.

Deion, as much as I can't stand him, was like that on the field. Just on another level athletically, and everybody knew it. There have only been a handful of guys like that in the history of the league. Barry. Bo Jackson. Dickerson and Moss, maybe. Just a great, great athlete.

Great list I would add Emmitt, TD, Hershall, Lott, Rice, ....could go on and on...

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Geesh...scratching the head again....why wouldn't a true blue down and dirty cowboys fan not want this man on the team we cheer for...??? Bring him home JJ!!

at a low end cost and without top picks sure be glad to have him come to Dallas.

GroundZero1970

Reaction score
I do like AP but i think we should draft T. coleman at 27 to be sure to get him, he ran a 4.39 which is faster than AP's. Git er done Jerry

gmoney112

Reaction score
AP has been an outstanding RB I'm no5t interested what he did in the past fact is at 1,200 yards that is not worth the big money it is not worth draft picks. In his prime I would have loved to have him at 30 at a low cost and nothing more than a 5th rd pick I would gladly take him but Dallas was not going to pay a guy like Ware that kind of money has he got older why on earth would I turn around and give big money to an older RB?

Haha you keep using this 1200 yard metric like it's relevant, at all.

DeMarco Murray only had 660 yards in 2012. We should have cut him. No excuses.

Sydla

Reaction score
Yes I would say NO. At one time when this all started it was not costing us a damn thing and AP was going to give us this great hometown discount that is not going to happen and I would not give up young players for a 30 year old RB period.

A 4th round pick is a low probability pick of finding a stud player anyway. Plus, with comp picks next year, we'd likely get that 4th back anyway and then some.

This is a classic case of fans where they they think they are smarter than they really are. If you can get a stud talent like Peterson for two 4th round picks and you pass........... holy hell.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Great I'm glad there is a consensus yet please show poll oh this is what you have seen yet I have seen some who are unsure. as for recent times he had some very poor games in 2013 season was also injured he was not playing outstanding football certainly not worth the money he was making. So excuse me if I don't want to see Dallas give up picks and big money for a 30 fricken year old RB. If you guys are wrong do me a favor lay off Jerry since this is the stupid move you guys cry about and yet are buying into hook line and sinker.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...drian-peterson-headlines-top-20-running-backs

tyke1doe

Reaction score

Don't forget the "real" LT. :)

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Haha you keep using this 1200 yard metric like it's relevant, at all.

DeMarco Murray only had 660 yards in 2012. We should have cut him. No excuses.

I say that because one was still a young RB the other a RB on the downhill side. The cost factor on Murray very low on a rookie deal that does not appear to be the case with Peterson.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Haha, of course you're not. You just brought up how a HOF player doesn't need to prove themselves, I bring up a counter-argument, and now you don't want to discuss it.

So your claim is that Brett Favre needed to 'prove himself"?

You keep on burying yourself...

:facepalm:

Status
Not open for further replies.