Adrian Peterson Sweepstakes ***Officially reinstated (again) and merged***

Status
Not open for further replies.

phildadon86

Reaction score
Haha, that's EXACTLY what I just said.

I just said you can sign anyone, I said it wasn't smart, EXACTLY what Stephen said. Wow!

You say a lot of things. Like how peterson is 150 percent not coming. Didn't know you worked for the Cowboys. Get me a free jersey

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Let's break this down for you: A one year contract, that's during the 2015-2016 season. There's no football to played? Uh, he'd have 16 games to play. He'd have 16 games to prove himself.

He's got nothing to prove, to anybody! Least of all, to you! He's a Hall of Famer already.

And yes, the ol' Favre crap. Remember him and Rodgers feud? He was in the league for 17 years, he didn't have to prove anything. Give the man a starting spot, give the man a big contract because of something he did 3 years ago.

The same Brett Favre that took the Vikings to a 12-4 record and the NFC Championship Game in '09? That Brett Favre?

mattjames2010

Reaction score
You say a lot of things. Like how peterson is 150 percent not coming. Didn't know you worked for the Cowboys. Get me a free jersey

I also said I'd eat crow if i was wrong. Unless we get him on a small contract, I'd still be against it, but I'd obviously be wrong.

But 150%? That's kinda high.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
He's got nothing to prove, to anybody! Least of all, to you! He's a Hall of Famer already.

The same Brett Favre that took the Vikings to a 12-4 record and the NFC Championship Game in '09? That Brett Favre?

While the backup he said he was better than took the Packers to the Super Bowl and won.

JoeBoBBY

Reaction score
Best in 2012? sure this is 2015 and his last season he played 1,200 yards sorry not paying 8 to 9 mill a year for that. If I was I would have rather kept Murray

99% of GMs, coaches, players, scouts who actually make a living in the NFL. Disagree with you.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yet another reminder guys: please be aware that a ton of these highlight videos contain language or ideas that are not ok for public threads on CZ. It also takes a lot of time for mods to police the videos for content, so it really helps if you self-regulate that stuff so we don't have to give you time off for an otherwise well-intentioned post. This has been a ****** ***** public service announcement. Thanks.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
1200 yards on that Minnesota team equates to roughly 3500 yards in Dallas.

So he'd not only break the leading rushing record, but he'd add over 1,000 yards to it?

If our line is that good, I guess anyone can get 2,000 yards here. So, he's really not needed.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Best in 2012? sure this is 2015

Best period. By the rest of the world, not including you. Peterson is the best running back in the league.

and his last season he played 1,200 yards sorry not paying 8 to 9 mill a year for that. If I was I would have rather kept Murray

With a sorry team with no quarterback and a lousy offensive line - and lousy receivers.

And only you believe that Murray is anywhere as good as Peterson. You are alone in that belief.

gmoney112

Reaction score
So he'd not only break the leading rushing record, but he'd add over 1,000 yards to it?

If our line is that good, I guess anyone can get 2,000 yards here. So, he's really not needed.

If you'd watched the Vikings team that year, you'd understand my sentiment.

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Let's break this down for you: A one year contract, that's during the 2015-2016 season. There's no football to played? Uh, he'd have 16 games to play. He'd have 16 games to prove himself.

And yes, the ol' Favre crap. Remember him and Rodgers feud? He was in the league for 17 years, he didn't have to prove anything. Give the man a starting spot, give the man a big contract because of something he did 3 years ago.

http://i22.***BLOCKED***/albums/b318/dscuyamungue/petersonspanking_zps1781c053.jpg

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Best period. By the rest of the world, not including you. Peterson is the best running back in the league.

With a sorry team with no quarterback and a lousy offensive line - and lousy receivers.

And only you believe that Murray is anywhere as good as Peterson. You are alone in that belief.

based on what 2012 season or the 2013 season and now it is the 2015 season. It is yet to be determined what he is. There is a thing called proving it. He played 1 game last season and that 1 game vs the Rams he was not looking great with his 3.6 avg. As for Murray being better? In AP prime hands down AP was better now? Again his last full season 1,200 yard not exactly putting the league on their ears.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I didnt take a poll.

But I do listen to what they say.

They said RGIII was good as well. AP gets their respect they will give him the benefit of the doubt and if they are wrong guess what they don't care. Fact is the man has not played a full season since 2012 and in 2013 was not exactly setting the league on fire. We differ I would rather get a young RB than a 30 year old back that will cost us picks and likely come at a much higher cost

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It's actually enlightening. If there are posters who don't agree that AD is, hands down, the best RB in the NFL right now, you can see why they aren't as gung-ho to bring him in. While I can see the argument that age and time off raise legitimate questions, in my own poll of one, there's no doubt at all about who's the best player at that position in the league, and it's not really close. My own guess is that that's a majority opinion league-wide, but I just looked and there's no recent poll to support that. I guess we'll just have to do our diligence and see what happens next season.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
based on what 2012 season or the 2013 season and now it is the 2015 season.

Based on consensus opinion of fans, coaches, GM's and everyone that covers the NFL. Essentially, anyone not named Doomsday101.

It is yet to be determined what he is.

His body of work speaks for itself, if anyone doesn't have a case, it is those doubting him, with absolutely zero evidence to back up their claims. Those are the people without a leg to stand on.

There is a thing called proving it.
A Hall of Fame career is all the 'prove it' he needs.

He played 1 game last season and that 1 game vs the Rams he was not looking great with his 3.6 avg.

So in your mind, 1 game in 2014 is more important than 7 years of success? Got it.

As for Murray being better? In AP prime hands down AP was better now? Again his last full season 1,200 yard not exactly putting the league on their ears.

And an apples to oranges comparison attempting to compare a guy who had one great year on a stacked team with 3 Pro Bowl linemen with a guy doing it all alone, save for one season. Well done.

Again, you are totally and utterly alone in your claim that Murray is anywhere near the talent of Peterson. Other than that one guy, and that's not company anyone would want to keep.

Status
Not open for further replies.