Twitter: Aesthetics are obviously more important than winning

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Having the sun blind your receiver costing your team a FG chance right before half would make 31 other NFL owners put some damn curtains up. But this owner values “aesthetics” over winning. Period.

Stop saying “Jerry wants to win” because winning football games is obviously less important to him than visual aesthetics. He’s been asked about this problem for a decade and he won’t change it. Is there a single sane person who would allow the sun to blind their players in a playoff game?

It’s disgusting.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Jerry doesn't have to win to keep his job as GM, nor does his son to keep his job as Director of Player Personnel.

When the guys who make the big decisions, decide who gets paid, have no fear of losing their jobs, you get what you get.

We've got 3 playoff wins in the last 25 years, and they still have their jobs.

But we'll get 'em next year! :rolleyes:

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

Having the sun blind your receiver costing your team a FG chance right before half would make 31 other NFL owners put some damn curtains up. But this owner values “aesthetics” over winning. Period.

Stop saying “Jerry wants to win” because winning football games is obviously less important to him than visual aesthetics. He’s been asked about this problem for a decade and he won’t change it. Is there a single sane person who would allow the sun to blind their players in a playoff game?

It’s disgusting.

DEAR Bob---i just put up a thread that mentioned that very issue along with some other thngs....Charles Haley called Jerry's House a House builit for Losers....its true Jerry loves the astheticcs and money

over winning and his players...lets call it how it really is

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
It’s soooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
STUPID!

Our own frigging stadium plays defense against our receivers!

Why does this problem just effect us?

Jerry cares about the SHOW, not winning!!!!

so ticks me off...i am beside myself...my wife went to other end of the house...she knows if Dallas loses like this to give me a lot of space....even though she is usually "The Sarge" in the house

Blake

Reaction score
His perceived legacy is more important to him than the team’s.

I have 0 respect for the man; if you want to call him that. Guy is always compensating for the downstairs department.

plymkr

Reaction score
Cowboys have been playing at that stadium for over a decade and they still haven't figured out not to run WR routes into the sun???
Well it does take us about 10-15 years to make an adjustment. I would expect 3-4 more years before we act on it.

For right now...."We like our sun" and "the stadium is a process" and don't forget the "sun has to get better, it starts with the sun".

kwcool619

Reaction score
An embarrassment, it’s too bad there are not any real reporters to ask him the tough questions.
To add: too bad there is no one in the Jones' family or someone in the inner circle who will stand up to Jerry. That someone needs to confront him about the problems and issues that are plaguing this organization.

Jerral just will not get it. Ever.

Blackrain

Reaction score
I guess Jerry has so much money that he expects the sun to alter its path for him.

Unbelievable that he would let this cost us points in a playoff game