Twitter: Aesthetics are obviously more important than winning

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
Can understand now exactly why Wilson couldn't see Dak or the ball. No other owner in the NFL is going to put stadium aesthetics above giving their team the best conditions and chances to win the game. Especially when it comes to the playoffs.

blueblood70

Reaction score
First time I can remember it happening in a playoff game.
first time i remember it happenings during a 330 or later game as well.. typically, its the 12pm start games etc and its rare but im betting this national tv and all the media blowback this time Jerry might rethink his stance on this.

It not why we lost but its part of the 4-5 reasons we never got truly going at every moment something good happened we had those bad moments ie Penalties, TO, and once again a controversy with the refs on that last play. Always something. SAS while irritating, is correct, the DCs are snakebitten and we always seem to have these rare things happen to us in big games.

always huge controversies and oddball stories come out of our games.

ArtClink

Reaction score

Having the sun blind your receiver costing your team a FG chance right before half would make 31 other NFL owners put some damn curtains up. But this owner values “aesthetics” over winning. Period.

Stop saying “Jerry wants to win” because winning football games is obviously less important to him than visual aesthetics. He’s been asked about this problem for a decade and he won’t change it. Is there a single sane person who would allow the sun to blind their players in a playoff game?

It’s disgusting.

That's just good ol' uncle Jerry. He loves aesthetics like the blinding sun, his wife's "artwork", and of course Sky Mirror. We can focus on getting serious about winning in 2045 when Spaulding takes o'er. In the meantime, enjoy the ride (best stadium, most valuable franchise, "HOF" owner, etc.) ...

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
first time i remember it happenings during a 330 or later game as well.. typically, its the 12pm start games etc and its rare but im betting this national tv and all the media blowback this time Jerry might rethink his stance on this.

It not why we lost but its part of the 4-5 reasons we never got truly going at every moment something good happened we had those bad moments ie Penalties, TO, and once again a controversy with the refs on that last play. Always something. SAS while irritating, is correct, the DCs are snakebitten and we always seem to have these rare things happen to us in big games.

always huge controversies and oddball stories come out of our games.
According to Dallas radio station the Ticket yesterday, they have counted 8 different times since that stadium was opened where the sun played a negative factor for the home team. However, all previous times were in regular season games.

foofighters

Reaction score

Having the sun blind your receiver costing your team a FG chance right before half would make 31 other NFL owners put some damn curtains up. But this owner values “aesthetics” over winning. Period.

Stop saying “Jerry wants to win” because winning football games is obviously less important to him than visual aesthetics. He’s been asked about this problem for a decade and he won’t change it. Is there a single sane person who would allow the sun to blind their players in a playoff game?

It’s disgusting.

Agreed, but you think we'd call plays that account for that?

blueblood70

Reaction score
According to Dallas radio station the Ticket yesterday, they have counted 8 different times since that stadium was opened where the sun played a negative factor for the home team. However, all previous times were in regular season games.
like i said this was on national tv in the biggest game and it effected our team, i can see that as a wake up call to make a change.

JustChip

Reaction score
I would prefer it not be an issue at all, but both teams have to deal with it. It’s no different than playing outside with a strong wind or rain. Teams have to adjust and account for that glare in their play-calling and which end-zone they want to initially defend.

This is an issue only because it impacted us on that play. Our fans would be hailing Jerry as a genius if it had happened to the 49ers. Maybe it didn’t because their coaches didn’t let it be a problem.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Jerry’s been asked PUBLICLY about this for years. They already have curtains to use which are used for concerts and other events. He refuses to use them for games.
again, this is the biggest issue to date on the biggest stage. he was asked against Garett as well and finally he let him go, they have many months to ponder this like 6 long months.

Silver N Blue

Reaction score
Until people quit going to the stadium this will never change. Greed is a disease and sickness. JJ and family follow money. Always have always will.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Not to defend Jerry, as I would be immediately banned here if I told you my true thoughts on him, but the glare is just as likely to blind the opponent. So it's not really about winning.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If my job was to turn around and look at Prescott and the Sun blinded me when I did, I would never have felt closer to God than in that moment.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I would prefer it not be an issue at all, but both teams have to deal with it. It’s no different than playing outside with a strong wind or rain. Teams have to adjust and account for that glare in their play-calling and which end-zone they want to initially defend.

This is an issue only because it impacted us on that play. Our fans would be hailing Jerry as a genius if it had happened to the 49ers. Maybe it didn’t because their coaches didn’t let it be a problem.
I am amazed at how many people think the Cowboys offense should have a separate playbook for the sun. Let’s say its 3rd and 20 and the niners are bringing a weakside blitz and doubling Cooper (which they were). Sun is covering 60% of the secondary. So 60% of your passing game playbook is missing. Or worse imagine your QB is at the other end of the stayjum and is trying to find a receiver. It’s crazy!

LucaBrasi

Sleeps with the fishes
Reaction score
Let’s see:

put playoff type team on field every 2-3 years, owner feigns disgust at crappy early playoff exit, owner and son sell “Super Bowl” expectations in training camp, players that have accomplished next to nothing team wise start talking same way, season ends either .500 or worse, or in another early playoff exit. Owner feigns disgust. Rinse repeat.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I am amazed at how many people think the Cowboys offense should have a separate playbook for the sun. Let’s say its 3rd and 20 and the niners are bringing a weakside blitz and doubling Cooper (which they were). Sun is covering 60% of the secondary. So 60% of your passing game playbook is missing. Or worse imagine your QB is at the other end of the stayjum and is trying to find a receiver. It’s crazy!

And how does the opponent not have the same issues? It's just as likely to win you a game as it is to lose it.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
And how does the opponent not have the same issues? It's just as likely to win you a game as it is to lose it.
Yeah, but it’s an unnecessary risk. It bit us in a playoff game. The smartest thing to do if WINNING is the goal, you remove ANY obstacle you can control. It’s just stupid.

ghosttown cowboy

Wyoming's #1 boys fan
Reaction score
That 3 pts, if Captain Miss a Kick could have made it, would have come in handy at the end of the game...Maybe we tie instead of witnessing the dumbest play call in history.