Twitter: Aesthetics are obviously more important than winning

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What do you expect from a man that puts the sizzle above the steak?

The stadium is East to West for the view from 30 between Dallas and Fort Worth. That is the reason it was built like that and it has been a problem for teams every year, including his own team.

Thomas82

Reaction score
Jerry doesn't have to win to keep his job as GM, nor does his son to keep his job as Director of Player Personnel.

When the guys who make the big decisions, decide who gets paid, have no fear of losing their jobs, you get what you get.

We've got 3 playoff wins in the last 25 years, and they still have their jobs.

But we'll get 'em next year! :rolleyes:

Jerry and Stephen are a prime example of how destructive nepotism can be.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score

Having the sun blind your receiver costing your team a FG chance right before half would make 31 other NFL owners put some damn curtains up. But this owner values “aesthetics” over winning. Period.

Stop saying “Jerry wants to win” because winning football games is obviously less important to him than visual aesthetics. He’s been asked about this problem for a decade and he won’t change it. Is there a single sane person who would allow the sun to blind their players in a playoff game?

It’s disgusting.

To be fair the Cowboys have benefited from this issue in past games.
That said, it is indeed silly to subject the players to this.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
Jerry doesn't have to win to keep his job as GM, nor does his son to keep his job as Director of Player Personnel.

When the guys who make the big decisions, decide who gets paid, have no fear of losing their jobs, you get what you get.

We've got 3 playoff wins in the last 25 years, and they still have their jobs.

But we'll get 'em next year! :rolleyes:
This is why this franchise is never going to have post season success

eromeopolk

Reaction score

Having the sun blind your receiver costing your team a FG chance right before half would make 31 other NFL owners put some damn curtains up. But this owner values “aesthetics” over winning. Period.

Stop saying “Jerry wants to win” because winning football games is obviously less important to him than visual aesthetics. He’s been asked about this problem for a decade and he won’t change it. Is there a single sane person who would allow the sun to blind their players in a playoff game?

It’s disgusting.

Texas Stadium had a hole in the roof and a sun blind spot. This only bothers Arlington Jonesboys and not Dallas Cowboys.

CWR

Reaction score

It’s disgusting.

It's always our own guys that can't see in the sun. You'd think we'd figure it out.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
Scheduling problem. He built the stadium for prime time games!

Trendnet

Reaction score
so ticks me off...i am beside myself...my wife went to other end of the house...she knows if Dallas loses like this to give me a lot of space....even though she is usually "The Sarge" in the house

oof

Wife had to run away in fear of being beat up, not something to be proud of dude.

jsb357

Reaction score
th

Jerry excels at the "sports entertainment franchise" industry.

Building football teams not so much.

Chuck 54

Reaction score

It’s disgusting.

My guess is
  1. Jerry doesn’t like to admit mistakes, and anything he does about the glare is admitting a mistake.
  2. Jerry probably sees that unique stadium oddity as an advantage. No one know and understands it better than us, so a home game at certain times of the day should be something we know how to use defensively, like using the sideline, and we should know how to avoid making it a mistake or turnover when on offense with our play calling.
#1 is simply ego.
#2 is a drastic overestimation of his coaching staff.

BleedSilverandBlue

Curator of Excellent Takes
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
i wonder if the NFL will force Jerry to put the curtains down for like player safety.

I think that is the only way he will possibly consider it. If he likes the aesthetic so much just get retractable curtains. It is not that difficult. Would likely only need them to be down for like 1 hour when the sun is hitting right anyway.

I think the refusal to get window coverings and allow the sun to blind players in our own stadium really shows the depths of Jerry's narcissism and refusal to adjust his approach to even the simplest things.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Jerry excels at the "sports entertainment franchise" industry.

Building football teams not so much.
Yep

And I’d argue building football teams isn’t as important in this sports entertainment business.

Jethro and the Cowboys have certainly proved that to be . But for some reason we expect things to change .

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
oof

Wife had to run away in fear of being beat up, not something to be proud of dude.

oh man...i would never strike me wife....and i never even insinuated that....this is how wrongful conspiracy theories start....she just gives me space when i am very frustrated as i do her

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
What do you expect from a man that puts the sizzle above the steak?

The stadium is East to West for the view from 30 between Dallas and Fort Worth. That is the reason it was built like that and it has been a problem for teams every year, including his own team.

Couch---it was criminal to have blinding light that caused Wilson to duck so as not to have ball bounce off him into the air for interception....its just plain wrong....i dont want to hear aesthetics

only shows Jerry cares a lot more about his fortune than his team......makes me so upset

The Fonz

Correctamundo
Reaction score
His perceived legacy is more important to him than the team’s.

I have 0 respect for the man; if you want to call him that. Guy is always compensating for the downstairs department.
9c64icz.jpg