FEATURED AFC Bills-vs-Bengals Game Reschedule Speculation (no conspiracies)

Status
Not open for further replies.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
A 19th week game will affect the commencement of the wildcard playoffs, right? With only one bi, how can they fit a 19th week game? I'm sure I'm overlooking something
every playoff week would have to get pushed back as well.

J12B

Reaction score
Just call that game a tie, no point in adding a extra week for one game.

I think it may come down to that if Hamler remains in the condition he is now, or worsens.

Bills may just give the Bengals a W because there's no way their players can go back out there on that field knowing their friend and teammate is still fighting for his life.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
They could play the game on Wednesday, move the Sunday games for both teams to Monday or Tuesday. Then have the playoff games on the following Monday.
Since they will have another playoff game on that Monday anyway.

Yes it makes for short weeks, and give the opponent an extra days rest. But what else can they do beside shifting every thing back. a week. Then their opponent will have an extra week of rest.

From playing Wednesday, then on Monday, would be no different than playing Sunday, then again on Thursday.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

That will screw up the entire playoff scenarios, as both teams plus KC all battling for HFA.
Also if Bengals win, they clinch the AFCN, so if it is a tie. The AFCN would come down to the Ravens - Bengals, which would not be necessary if the Bengals clinch.

cowboys5xsbs

Reaction score
I doubt any decision gets made until we known whether demar is going to pull through or not. As sad as it sounds just push everything back a week and let the players grieve.

Dallasfann

Reaction score

I don't think the NFL will be as casual on their decision as you. There is hundreds of millions of dollars involved here. It's insensitive no doubt, but I promise the league is taking that into consideration. I can't imagine what Vegas alone has wrapped up in this decision. Woof.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
The game is not secondary. They are two separate things. The game needs to be played. People paid to see the game and spent big money. Some saved all year just for that one game. Millions of dollars with where playoff games will be held hangs in the balance. Hamlin hopefully will have a full recovery. I don’t see why people can’t address these issues separately

You still going on about this? I cant tell if you are being serious or just playing edge lord

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
The pandemic gave the NFL a blueprint on rescheduling games so I'm sure they will think of something.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Interesting thought, but I just can't see any team being OK with having a short week right before the playoffs begin. I would argue that affects competitive balance more than the effects of seeding by not finishing the game, but who knows what is going though the minds of the league office right now.
Ask yourself as a Buffalo fan, front office, coaches, players. Would have rather play two home games in Cold and windy Buffalo or three games, two on the road to get to the Super Bowl. Easy answer.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
The game is not secondary. They are two separate things. The game needs to be played. People paid to see the game and spent big money. Some saved all year just for that one game. Millions of dollars with where playoff games will be held hangs in the balance. Hamlin hopefully will have a full recovery. I don’t see why people can’t address these issues separately

fear of being cancelled and the need to virtue signal

Ebnorice

Reaction score
A 19th week game will affect the commencement of the wildcard playoffs, right? With only one bi, how can they fit a 19th week game? I'm sure I'm overlooking something
I'm guessing all Playoff games would then be pushed back. And then they could eliminate the bye week before the Super Bowl and play that as regulary scheduled.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
Ask yourself as a Buffalo fan, front office, coaches, players. Would have rather play two home games in Cold and windy Buffalo or three games, two on the road to get to the Super Bowl. Easy answer.
Oh for sure, but you're effecting four teams with the proposes suggestion instead of 1. I think it's a different conversation if all four teams involved were not in the playoff hunt.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
My guess is the bye week prior to the SB will be removed, games will be postponed one week and Bills/Bengals will occur Saturday/Sunday.
Moving all games except for the superbowl is an interesting thought. Of all the games that is likely the tough one to move. Not sure exactly how I feel about it, but I'm certainly not against it.

Staubacher

Reaction score
My guess is the bye week prior to the SB will be removed, games will be postponed one week and Bills/Bengals will occur Saturday/Sunday.
That's also what I have been saying since last night and I think it's the option that makes the most sense. In a weird way except for the Bills and Bengals it essentially gives teams a bye going into the final game of the season and the playoffs

BotchedLobotomy

Wide Right
Reaction score
I don't think the NFL will be as casual on their decision as you. There is hundreds of millions of dollars involved here. It's insensitive no doubt, but I promise the league is taking that into consideration. I can't imagine what Vegas alone has wrapped up in this decision. Woof.
I agree, at some point in the very near future, the NFL machine will crank back up. It's too large and the financial implications are just too great to allow this tragic event to stop it for any substantial amount of time.

Status
Not open for further replies.