FEATURED AFC Bills-vs-Bengals Game Reschedule Speculation (no conspiracies)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Not happening, they will end up playing Wednesday
Not happening, the Bills have a game against the Patriots to prepare for at noon next weekend which will already be hard enough to prepare for. Calling the Bills/Bengals game a tie and moving on is the fairest of options where there are no good options. I'm sorry if you don't realize we live in an imperfect world. ;)

Dallasfann

Reaction score
I think it may come down to that if Hamler remains in the condition he is now, or worsens.

Bills may just give the Bengals a W because there's no way their players can go back out there on that field knowing their friend and teammate is still fighting for his life.

I'll play devils advocate. When would the Bills player be okay playing another game? I think everyone here can agree that we hope to get great news sooner then later, but the real sad, brutal, honesty that most people have already come to terms with or is about to find out from me, is that life always goes on. In dark and in good times. Best case scenario is we get great news in the next 20 minutes, worst case is something I don't even want to suggest or that we don't know anything for another week or more. When would the Bills players be able to play again? I don't know anything about Damar, but I'd be willing to bet a lot of money that he would want his team to go out and kick the Bengals ***. I totally understand that I am coming off as insensitive and trust me I'm not insensitive what has happened to Damar. I hate everything about it, but there is going to be a time the Bills players are going to have to make a hard decision, hopefully made easier by Damars condition upgrading.

Aven8

Reaction score
If the games are pushed back that also gives teams an unfair advantage as well. Players getting healthy, and strategies etc. the best bet is to play the game this week and get back on schedule. During Covid remember Denver had to play a WR at QB. No one pushed back anything for them.

dogunwo

Franchise Tagged
Reaction score
Not happening, the Bills have a game against the Patriots to prepare for at noon next weekend which will already be hard enough to prepare for. Calling the Bills/Bengals game a tie and moving on is the fairest of options where there are no good options. I'm sorry if you don't realize we live in an imperfect world. ;)
But that's not the most fair option. One of the least actually.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Oh for sure, but you're effecting four teams with the proposes suggestion instead of 1. I think it's a different conversation if all four teams involved were not in the playoff hunt.
The Patriots gets into the playoffs if they beat the Bills and the Ravens can win the North if the Bills beat the Bengals. Those games might be the most important games next Sunday.

maryquality

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
If the games are pushed back that also gives teams an unfair advantage as well. Players getting healthy, and strategies etc. the best bet is to play the game this week and get back on schedule. During Covid remember Denver had to play a WR at QB. No one pushed back anything for them.
I almost forgot about that!! The WR wasn't that bad.

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score
A 19th week game will affect the commencement of the wildcard playoffs, right? With only one bi, how can they fit a 19th week game? I'm sure I'm overlooking something

Isn’t there a week between the conference championships and Super Bowl when the Pro Bowl is played?

dogunwo

Franchise Tagged
Reaction score
Yes, it is. If you can't even offer a better solution then don't bother posting.
First of all, don't be an *** for no reason. Secondly, the most fair option is to play the game Wednesday night. That provides the same amount of rest as Sun-Thurs. You effect competitive balance in only a minor way.

jwitten82

Reaction score
I think they should either call it a tie or play tomorrow, but pushing all games back for one game, like, you said, it's an unfair advantage

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
The Patriots gets into the playoffs if they beat the Bills and the Ravens can win the North if the Bills beat the Bengals. Those games might be the most important games next Sunday.
I'm with you on that, I just see more logical solutions. I think you can still play the Bengals/Bills game, just play it after this week. That still makes this Sundays game meaningful.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
The game last night should be called a tie and just move on. This isn't rocket science, we just have too many idiots in the room.

Praxit

Reaction score
..if they do add 19th week. It will assume most teams received #1 seeds... lol.. Extra wk of rest.

jwitten82

Reaction score
The game last night should be called a tie and just move on. This isn't rocket science, we just have too many idiots in the room.
Call it a tie or play tomorrow. Week 18 starts in 4 days, decision has to be made soon

John813

Reaction score
It would be one thing if the Bills and Bengals were eliminated or already slotted into 2-7 playoff spots but for the Bills this game is huge for the #1 seed. A tie would knock them down to 2nd place if they and the Chiefs win next week, however if they win this game and the next they secure the #1 seed as they own the tie breaker with the Chiefls
I'm sure the players don't care now, but on the road to the superbowl, getting that bye week can be huge/secured home field in the AFCCG

baltcowboy

Reaction score
I'm with you on that, I just see more logical solutions. I think you can still play the Bengals/Bills game, just play it after this week. That still makes this Sundays game meaningful.
So what happens to wildcard weekend? Three days of football is scheduled including Monday night football.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
First of all, don't be an *** for no reason. Secondly, the most fair option is to play the game Wednesday night. That provides the same amount of rest as Sun-Thurs. You effect competitive balance in only a minor way.
I'll disagree simply because I think competitive balance gets thrown way off in this scenario. Yeah it's a similar timeframe from a Sunday-Thursday schedule, but both teams are typically on that same or a very similar schedule. I see zero chance that Buffalo wants to play a game tomorrow, especially if we dont get a great update on this kid. If we get some great news this afternoon that he is going to live and have a somewhat normal life it becomes a possibility. Even if the league forces them to play I could easily see Buffalo not making the trip though.

The 3 games in 10 days schedules have always been rough on players and doing it with that 3rd game being a playoff game puts them at a significant disadvantage.

Playing tomorrow is the league putting money over their players, and I just can't see how that can be argued. With so many eyes watching I cannot fathom it actually happening. If the competitive balance is the priority the league will create a week 19 for this game to be made up, which in my opinion is the most fair way to resolve the issue.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
So what happens to wildcard weekend? Three days of football is scheduled including Monday night football.
I think you push it back a week. The only thing scheduled are the broadcasting times. No venue or team has a time set up, no tickets have been sold. Now I'm sure their will be some issues with the networks, and it may even cost the NFL some cash if said networks wanted to push back, but that is what this situation comes down to I believe. For decades it's been the NFL vs the players. This is an excellent opportunity for the NFL to sacrifice a small piece of their profits for what is best for the players. I think they would be crazy not to. Even if deep down they dont want to do right by the players here with so many eyes watching this situation I don't think they have a choice.

Time will tell though.

aikemirv

Reaction score
Just call that game a tie, no point in adding a extra week for one game.
I like the idea, I just don't think the ownership of the teams would get on board with that. The homefield and bye implications between all three teams just make that a difficult decision. The playoff simulator erased last nights game so I don't know if it is possible for Cinn to get the 1 seed still.

It's a mess!

Status
Not open for further replies.