News: AFC Bills-vs-Bengals Game will not be rescheduled (no conspiracies)

jwitten82

Reaction score
What happened Monday night was horrible, nobody disagrees with that. When players get CTE or physically disabled from this game, it's horrible, but at what point do people accept that these are potential side affects of the game?

When Tua got his concussion, people were ready to attack the NFL, they were ready to attack the NFL Monday night. All these talk shows come on asking "What more can the NFL do?", Boxing/MMA fighters seem to accept this, but NFL players always seemed surprised when someone gets a concussion/injury. NEWSFLASH, you can't avoid that, 200+lb plus men were not meant to run into each other full speed, but you take that risk when you accept that pay.

I work in the construction industry, which has more workplace deaths than any industry. I can end up with all kinds of ailments, but I and every other person accepts that. It's time NFL players accept this, or move on from the game

Last edited by a moderator:

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Skip Bayless was wrongly and disgustingly (IMO) crucified just for acknowledging the fact that it was a question the NFL would have to figure out (while at the same time acknowledging that in that moment the player was rightfully the focus).

The whole "it was too soon" argument is idiotic as well - as if he was directing the question at immediate family and not a freakin' corporation made up of billionaires.

Flamma

Reaction score
Bengals got hosed, big time.

• Played 7 home games & 9 road games
  • We're winning the Buffalo game & had they won would be resting their players this week
  • Now if they lose to Baltimore this week, are subject to a coin flip & may have a road playoff game even though they are division champs
  • IF they lose to Baltimore, not only do they have a road game, but they would still have a first place schedule next year!
  • And the NFL ignores their own rules which are already in place in case a game wasn't played
IF they win Sunday, this is all moot. Had they won against Buffalo they would be the 2 seed, so another home game. Went from having 2 possible home playoff games to possibly having none.

Just curious, why would they be resting players this week had they beat Buffalo?

Flamma

Reaction score
Are we going to cancel games from now on if a player has cardiac arrest . How about coaches or officials ?

This is absurd .

This was a rare event, and a game was cancelled. Take a moment to think about this. one game wasn't played. Who cares? People are acting as if this is a national tragedy. It's one stinking game that affected some seeds. Spilt milk.

Red Fox Ace

Reaction score
One un-mentioned aspect of this whole Hamlin incident is that the Bills and Bengals each almost got the equivalent of a bye week of rest - they only had to play 1/5 of a game, not a whole game.

Sure, the Bills still had to travel, but in terms of unfairness to Buffalo about the seeding situation, they did at least get some benefit of rest.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Crazy, they should have re played the game and pushed back the bye week between the championship games and the Super Bowl.

They should have just finished the game. What is so special about Hamlin that the whole world has to stop because he gets hurt? Games dont stop when other guys get hurt. Nonsense. I still cant believe its Friday and all there is on TV is Hamlin this, Hamlin that.

ShortRound

Reaction score
They should have just finished the game. What is so special about Hamlin that the whole world has to stop because he gets hurt? Games dont stop when other guys get hurt. Nonsense. I still cant believe its Friday and all there is on TV is Hamlin this, Hamlin that.

The concern was Hamlin possibly dying shortly after that play.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
The concern was Hamlin possibly dying shortly after that play.

Guys have broken necks, backs, knees, legs, arms, heads, concussions, ect....ect.....

I certainly understand the severity is more concerning here, just not getting the 24 hour, 5 days after attention of it.

Probably 100,000 people have had heart attacks since Hamlin did in this country. Maybe more. Why is this one so special? Because he plays football? And now the entire league and playoffs has to be changed around and affected? Its too much.

ShortRound

Reaction score
Guys have broken necks, backs, knees, legs, arms, heads, concussions, ect....ect.....

I certainly understand the severity is more concerning here, just not getting the 24 hour, 5 days after attention of it.

Probably 100,000 people have had heart attacks since Hamlin did in this country. Maybe more. Why is this one so special? Because he plays football? And now the entire league and playoffs has to be changed around and affected? Its too much.

Write the league

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Skip Bayless was wrongly and disgustingly (IMO) crucified just for acknowledging the fact that it was a question the NFL would have to figure out (while at the same time acknowledging that in that moment the player was rightfully the focus).
Exactly.

jwitten82

Reaction score

Thank you, players need to understand that serious injuries and yes sometimes death may occur playing this game. Either retire, or play and don't make deal out of everything

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Thank you, players need to understand that serious injuries and yes sometimes death may occur playing this game. Either retire, or play and don't make deal out of everything

These guy are such coddled little babies they lose all touch with reality. They get paid enough money.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Just curious, why would they be resting players this week had they beat Buffalo?
This was a rare event, and a game was cancelled. Take a moment to think about this. one game wasn't played. Who cares? People are acting as if this is a national tragedy. It's one stinking game that affected some seeds. Spilt milk.

who cares? a lot of people care. Look at the crazy crap they are now talking about as a result of that game not being played. Neutral site for title game. Flipping a coin for home field for Bengals/Ravens playoff game. I think what so many people are wondering is (i know, i know I am a jerk) but what was so different about this young man getting carted off vs the players that were paralyzed for the rest of their lives that were carted off? Those teamates were also upset. Tfor a physcialhose fans were shocked at that injury that happened on the field, yet those games were played. Injuries in the NFL happen, deaths happen in the work place.

My own wife had a guy that was a co-worker who was scheduled to go see a Dr. for some check up. He cancelled that appt to fly cross country to meet with her as he needed some training with her. The guy died while he was in her city fro a heart attack. The business did not stop working. She did not miss a day of work and it was very difficult for her to deal with as she felt very guilty.

Point being is that all of us deal with tragedy in our lives. What we dont do is stop living and cancel all of our activities. (wife, parent, kid death is different for all)

Flamma

Reaction score
Bengals had the two seed locked and would pound the bills at home setting up a great AFCCG at Arrowhead, but the cheating and scared Bills ducked their responsibility and a loss in Cincy and somehow gets rewarded for it.

I hope the Bills exit the playoffs in round 1!!

Bengals or Bills fans have no right to complain. It was their game that caused this. The choice to not continue. I'm not saying whether or not I agree with that choice, it doesn't matter. The Ravens are the only team that can possibly be harmed by this. And that's only if they beat the Bengals.

Flamma

Reaction score
who cares? a lot of people care. Look at the crazy crap they are now talking about as a result of that game not being played. Neutral site for title game. Flipping a coin for home field for Bengals/Ravens playoff game. I think what so many people are wondering is (i know, i know I am a jerk) but what was so different about this young man getting carted off vs the players that were paralyzed for the rest of their lives that were carted off? Those teamates were also upset. Tfor a physcialhose fans were shocked at that injury that happened on the field, yet those games were played. Injuries in the NFL happen, deaths happen in the work place.

My own wife had a guy that was a co-worker who was scheduled to go see a Dr. for some check up. He cancelled that appt to fly cross country to meet with her as he needed some training with her. The guy died while he was in her city fro a heart attack. The business did not stop working. She did not miss a day of work and it was very difficult for her to deal with as she felt very guilty.

Point being is that all of us deal with tragedy in our lives. What we dont do is stop living and cancel all of our activities. (wife, parent, kid death is different for all)

You reminded me of something. I think I'll share. Back in the late 90s when I was working in a toll booth, a car flips over in my lane. I think he was drunk. A girl working 5 or 6 lanes to my right goes out on stress for 6 months. With pay.

Everybody is different. Different people take similar incidences differently.