After this Mess of contract negotiation, will a team be willing to pay Dak?

NotForLong

Reaction score
Not at all . I’ve been a critic of Daks. My presentation is not about support of Dak.

My agenda is holding our Mgmt accountable for Cowboys Football.

And if they believed Dak was our guy and future to build around they just cut their nose off spite their face.

They Don't

NotForLong

Reaction score
You probably haven’t followed me but I’ve been more of a Dak critic .

My agenda is with our ownership and the effects this decision could have on Cowboys Football moving forward.
This is a great decision for the team. How can you not see that?

If you have ever been "critical" of Dak then you know this already

DandyDon52

Reaction score
The difference is, Dak doesn't have to negotiate with a team that wants him. They'll make an offer and he can take it or leave it. But unless he take the Cowboys deep into the playoffs, I doubt anyone will offer him more than what he turned down.
yeah, and the jones boys messed up by putting the wrong tag on dak.
not many teams needed a QB, especially one like dak who is wanting 35 mil a year on 4 year deal.
But this would have established a clear value for dak, even to dak, and I think he would have signed the dallas offer.
But jones boys messed up, and now here we are lol.
they should go with dalton and dinucci, and see what they have in those 2, and let dak sit on the bench this year.
if they do poorly they would be in good position for a high draft pick in 21.
So find out what they have in dalton and dinucci, and worse case scenario is drafting in top 5 and maybe be able to trade up.

If dalton and dinucci, do good, then there is 2 cheap options for near future.
making dak sit on the bench would be payback for him being so arrogant lol.

Swagger

Reaction score
I understand and if that’s where they draw the line in the sand I respect that. But my issue is calling out what the effects could be on Cowboys Football holding those responsible for the decisions accountable .

The Cowboys had been presenting they were “All In “ and “totally sold “ on Dak. We caved in on all the supporting cast, bringing in a legit HC appearing to be all set to make a deeper run these next few years .

Now without their franchise QB secured it’s only natural to see what the effects will be moving forward to hold those accountable for the decisions which directly effect the results.
Front office were convinced that Prescott would be receptive during negotiations and through his agent, he wasn't.

NotForLong

Reaction score
So off base, like always. Can’t even be a good troll.
This was the post from him:

What do we have now without Dak as our QB next year? Is the Dak era over?

What now. Are we even a playoff contender in 2021?

This sounds Manic and Pathetic a complete MELTDOWN. Totally over reaction.

My comment was totally on Point.

And oh yeah. Time to eat it

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Front office were convinced that Prescott would be receptive during negotiations and through his agent, he wasn't.
I understand but what does this mean for Cowboys Football moving forward without Dak?

Does this set us back after his departure? Will we be as competitive until we find a replacement. We have invested so much in supporting cast . Will we be able to hold it all together until a new QB is groomed.

My initial thought is we are putting our Super Bowl aspirations on hold over a few stubborn million dollars. Is this really the best decision for Cowboys Football the next few years with this core of talent and coaching staff.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
This was the post from him:

What do we have now without Dak as our QB next year? Is the Dak era over?

What now. Are we even a playoff contender in 2021?

This sounds Manic and Pathetic a complete MELTDOWN. Totally over reaction.

My comment was totally on Point.

And oh yeah. Time to eat it
You’re a troll. A bad troll at that. Don’t even know who you’re responding to. Just getting triggered like a female dog.

Last edited:

Diehardblues

Reaction score
This is a great decision for the team. How can you not see that?

If you have ever been "critical" of Dak then you know this already
You’re missing my argument. I’m speaking on behalf of evaluating the Cowboys based on their stance up until this point not my own views.

The Cowboys were “ All in “ on Dak not me. They had said they were “ totally sold” he was their future building this Elite supporting cast around him bringing in a legit coaching staff .

And now are basically pulling the rug out from under it over a few million bucks. Are you arguing this was their plan all along . Was this part of Mikeys plan? Or have they just fell into this new glorious position without Dak simply cause of his greed and poor representation?

Or do you feel this will lower his demands next year? Or are you ok paying more next year? And what is our plan moving forward without Dak? How many years could we waste retooling another Qb with this core talent ? I’m all ears...

baltcowboy

Reaction score
I have been listening to different Sports radio shows around the country tonight and the hosts/fans have different opinions on Dak. Some think Dak can get a Cousins like deals if he is a free agent next year, others look at Winston and Cam then say Dak made a mistake by not taking the Cowboys deal. I will give Cowboys Zone credit the national stations don’t understand the Cowboys at all, some of their takes were awful. The only thing that I know is Todd France is good agent and if he thinks Dak is worth more then what the Cowboys offered then he probably has a team in mind. I would keep in eye on Washington.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
After this mess of a contract negotiation, will there be a team who is willing to pay Dak? Any team will now know that Dak will be intent on raking them through the coals and will be completely unwilling to even negotiate. This has been a bad faith ordeal by Francis from the start.
Im sure the a Cowboys will be willing to pay him once the season is over. If they cant get it done before they have to tag him, then maybe you may see some thoughts of moving on

Swagger

Reaction score
I understand but what does this mean for Cowboys Football moving forward without Dak?

Does this set us back after his departure? Will we be as competitive until we find a replacement. We have invested so much in supporting cast . Will we be able to hold it all together until a new QB is groomed.

My initial thought is we are putting our Super Bowl aspirations on hold over a few stubborn million dollars. Is this really the best decision for Cowboys Football the next few years with this core of talent and coaching staff.

I don't think we have much of a chance re Superbowl aspirations for a few years any way.

We have too many resources pumped into the offense. We need to give the defense some high draft picks and a free agency splash or two.

We will draft a QB in the first round and hopefully we will be able to trade some picks for moving on Prescott.

Swagger

Reaction score
I have been listening to different Sports radio shows around the country tonight and the hosts/fans have different opinions on Dak. Some think Dak can get a Cousins like deals if he is a free agent next year, others look at Winston and Cam then say Dak made a mistake by not taking the Cowboys deal. I will give Cowboys Zone credit the national stations don’t understand the Cowboys at all, some of their takes were awful. The only thing that I know is Todd France is good agent and if he thinks Dak is worth more then what the Cowboys offered then he probably has a team in mind. I would keep in eye on Washington.
You say he's a good agent but Dak could have already got what he wanted in terms of length of contract if he signed last year with all the guaranteed money. He will end up moving on from the best offense he has ever played on to being exposed for what he is. A regular game manager. No long term career associated with the Cowboys after he stops playing.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
I realize you are emotional today. I'll let it slide:muttley:
There is nothing to be emotional about. You guys act like you know what the hell is going to happen in the future. What we know is he is the QB for this upcoming season, which hopefully ruins your year. And then you guys can spend all of next offseason talking about his contract.

kskboys

Reaction score
The difference is, Dak doesn't have to negotiate with a team that wants him. They'll make an offer and he can take it or leave it. But unless he take the Cowboys deep into the playoffs, I doubt anyone will offer him more than what he turned down.
That's what I'm thinking.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
After this mess of a contract negotiation, will there be a team who is willing to pay Dak? Any team will now know that Dak will be intent on raking them through the coals and will be completely unwilling to even negotiate. This has been a bad faith ordeal by Francis from the start.

The notion that Dak Prescott will be unemployed is absurd.