After this Mess of contract negotiation, will a team be willing to pay Dak?

Rayman70

Reaction score
yes, A TEAM WILL PAY HIM JUST UNDER MAHOMES MONEY IN 2021. We lost our shot. He's good as gone.

Rayman70

Reaction score
I assume my brain is smooth either way but there's no way to find out. Hahaha. There's definitely someone willing to pay him.
iu

Blackspider214

Reaction score
After this mess of a contract negotiation, will there be a team who is willing to pay Dak? Any team will now know that Dak will be intent on raking them through the coals and will be completely unwilling to even negotiate. This has been a bad faith ordeal by Francis from the start.

Ummmm easily lmao. Some of you guys take this personally and get caught in your feelings. This is how business is done all over sports and business contracts in general. It always isn't easy. It would actually be easier for him on the open market. He would not be tied to one single team giving him an offer and no out if he doesn't like it. He will has his choosing.

Some of you guys are in for a very rude awakening if you think Dak won't get paid or there is no market for him.

birdwells1

Reaction score
After this mess of a contract negotiation, will there be a team who is willing to pay Dak? Any team will now know that Dak will be intent on raking them through the coals and will be completely unwilling to even negotiate. This has been a bad faith ordeal by Francis from the start.
You guys have no clue at all, the Cowboys negotiated this thing through the media, thats not how you do your franchise qb. Turn the fans against him by painting him as greedy when he wanted a 4 year contract like Wentz and Goff.
Any team that needs a qb would line up to pay him market value if he continues on the arc like he did last year. The thing is Dak will not sign with the Cowboys after this contract fiasco.

birdwells1

Reaction score
Cool. Send over those two #1s and good luck. Dak is a good QB but not a game changer. Snyder won't be able to afford or draft talent if he takes that deal.
If Dak is a bum how can you ask for 2 number 1 picks for him? I don't get it. Maybe a 4th rounder maybe.

kskboys

Reaction score
Ummmm easily lmao. Some of you guys take this personally and get caught in your feelings. This is how business is done all over sports and business contracts in general. It always isn't easy. It would actually be easier for him on the open market. He would not be tied to one single team giving him an offer and no out if he doesn't like it. He will has his choosing.

Some of you guys are in for a very rude awakening if you think Dak won't get paid or there is no market for him.
Personally? Very strange take. Hard to understand what you're saying when your premise isn't correct.

kskboys

Reaction score
You guys have no clue at all, the Cowboys negotiated this thing through the media, thats not how you do your franchise qb. Turn the fans against him by painting him as greedy when he wanted a 4 year contract like Wentz and Goff.
Any team that needs a qb would line up to pay him market value if he continues on the arc like he did last year. The thing is Dak will not sign with the Cowboys after this contract fiasco.
Will they? That's an opinion that could be correct.

Yaknow, you really sound quite inane w/ your first sentence, makes your stuff almost unreadable. A different approach would be recommended.

kskboys

Reaction score
Hey, maybe it's different at the QB position. I've noticed other players who are holding out and squawking about more and more and more money aren't not as sought after. Leveon got one offer after his silly pout fest.

birdwells1

Reaction score
Will they? That's an opinion that could be correct.

Yaknow, you really sound quite inane w/ your first sentence, makes your stuff almost unreadable. A different approach would be recommended.
Well I'm not a big Dak fan but I'm of the opinion that our fans both over value and under value our players. I just look at the market for a young franchise qb who's thought of to be in the class of Wentz and Goff but the Cowboys don't want to treat him as such. Most fans agree with them but when Russ signed his deal he wasn't as good as Prescott is now.
P.S. I really don't care about you not reading my post because I rarely post here anymore I really only deal with the Cowboy's Youtubers now because this place is not the best place for conversation anymore imo. The level of Cowboy's knowledge is pretty low here and its pretty much bickering about the same things over and over again.

MoistMayonnaise

Devil's Advocate
Reaction score
If Dak is a bum how can you ask for 2 number 1 picks for him? I don't get it. Maybe a 4th rounder maybe.

I didn't say he was a bum. If some team wants to overpay Dak and give us two top draft picks, I am ok with that. otherwise, Dak may not get the money he want if he really want to play for the Cowboys.

birdwells1

Reaction score
I didn't say he was a bum. If some team wants to overpay Dak and give us two top draft picks, I am ok with that. otherwise, Dak may not get the money he want if he really want to play for the Cowboys.

I actually agree that they should try and trade him this season because they probably won't reach an agreement going forward.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
Without a doubt, there would at least be a handful of teams in need that would pay the house for Dak. Commanders come to mind.

Why would the team formerly called a bad name want Dak. They have Haskins and are trying to get out of the Alex Smith cap casualty. After RG3, I highly doubt that team wants more QB controversy.

dogberry

Reaction score
Those of you who work with numbers, show us how those numbers play out with a multiple million drop in the salary cap in 2021, a new lower normal cap, and the ability of all teams to function with a changed economic climate.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Why would the team formerly called a bad name want Dak. They have Haskins and are trying to get out of the Alex Smith cap casualty. After RG3, I highly doubt that team wants more QB controversy.

Im not confident in Haskins. Haskins is a big time project. They will have to be patient with him if he even turns the corner at all.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't see it as a mess at all, just a drawn out contract negotiation. Because the Joneses choose to play it out in the media is the only mess. They have to try and make everything a Big Top act because of their egos and plant lies in the media, that's the mess.

Any other GM looks at this and decides what he will pay and for how long and doesn't ever, EVER, use the media to try and paint the player as greedy and not caring about any of the other players. Then again, how many GM's give into a holdout RB with 2 years left or a DE holding up surgery as leverage and so easily pay a WR 20M that disappears in games?

Too much of this came down to the Cowboys v Prescott and there was a hell of a lot more in play than that. They think a player should pay for their past mistakes and this one wasn't having any of that BS and I like that.