After watching Aaron Donald we could really use something similar

Lutonio

Reaction score
I mean, who couldn’t use one of the greatest defensive players of all time considered by many to be the best current overall player.

I’d settle for a decent NT right now.

DCreppinBoysfan

Reaction score
He’s a generational talent. Proven. He’s already cemented his status with the Reggie’s and LT.

But we’ll never get that. Our DT’s get smaller. Trysten Hill used to look like a NT when he first arrived. now he looks like an DE

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
Hmmm, when was the last time we had something similar to Donald or a beast up the middle?
Jason Hatcher was probably the last consistently good interior DLineman. Terell McClain had one nice year (2016 maybe?) David Irving was also a monster when he was actually on the field in 16/17. Since 2017 i'm not sure who takes the best DT title....you can basically take a bunch of JAGS, pull one of their names out of a hat and make an argument.

stuckindc

Reaction score
Does anybody other than me get the feeling that we could really use something similar to that in the middle of our defensive line.
Is there a reason why we can't use a high draft pick on a player that can impact the game like that. He isn't even a real big guy 6-1. 284. This guy has a motor that just won't stop

I don't even think Jerry's horrible culture could stop this guy's motor

Thoughts???
We could have had Fletcher Cox in 2012 but instead we traded up for Mo Claiborne..that worked out well..

Blackrain

Reaction score
I agree. We definetly need a HOF DT. Let's draft one this year, because they apparently Aaron Donald's are available every year.
We drafted them before Bob Lilly and Randy White can't draft them if you don't try and use a high pick once in a while

Forneymike

Reaction score
Does anybody other than me get the feeling that we could really use something similar to that in the middle of our defensive line.
Is there a reason why we can't use a high draft pick on a player that can impact the game like that. He isn't even a real big guy 6-1. 284. This guy has a motor that just won't stop

Thoughts???
I never thought of this. The Cowboys should just find a guy Aaron's size and draft him and he will be just like Aaron. I mean you have 5 or 10 of these guys go in the draft every year. I don't think any teams have realized this. You have hit the magic potion. Draft him and let's go

Blackrain

Reaction score
You guys need a class on reading comprehension.

Thanks KSK it seems half these guys can't understand that watching Aaron Donald made me think it would be a good idea to use a high draft pick on a defensive tackle.

I never said we could just snatch a player of Aaron Donald's caliber out of thin air

Blackrain

Reaction score
Or find one of the guys I listed above. They are there, but you must emphasize the position in rounds 3-5. I wanted Hargrave badly over Malik Collins, and Hargrave has turned out to be a stud, but we wouldn't look at him because he's short!!!

Yes and if you look at Aaron Donald he is not a prototypical defensive tackle in today's game at 6-1. 284.

But his strength will and motor make up for any lack in size

Doomsday101

Reaction score
As a DT if you are recording double digit sacks 6 of 8 years he has played that says a lot about Donald. DT can't rely on speed rush and often Donald is taking on G and C as teams will double on him and yet still gets through the line and creates sacks and negative plays.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
Yes and if you look at Aaron Donald he is not a prototypical defensive tackle in today's game at 6-1. 284.

But his strength will and motor make up for any lack in size
I know i'm beating a bit of a dead horse here, but this is what keeps me going back to our guys. 6-2 280LBS, explosive off the ball, and a heavy motor is Osa Odighizuwa. Guy isnt nearly as strong and physical as Donald, nor will he ever be, but I can see this guy developing into a poor mans version of Donald.

INCowboysFan

Reaction score
I'll say Randy White
Randy White was drafted and played MLB his first two seasons. He doesn't fit your narrative of drafting stud DT's. If people thought he was going to be a stud DT he would have played there from day 1.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I’ve been saying for years we need a DT that can wreck some havoc. A run stuffer who can push the pocket. We need to get more physical on the DL. We need to be able to get pressure with our front four.

UncleRico

Reaction score

Thoughts???
Could we use an Aaron Donald type player? Nah man, we good

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Thoughts???
Our QB needs off lineman and a new Zeke........he used up the current players having accomplished 1 playoff win.....
Draft Offlineman with our top picks as haven't you seen all the Superbowls we have won with this strategy????:rolleyes:

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Thoughts???
We don't need clowns like that....