Agree or Disagree?Everson Walls was best CB in Dallas ever

JackMagist

The Great Communicator
Reaction score
Everson Walls was an unconventional player who got a lot of picks...he also gave up a lot of catches along the way. Mel Renfro, Cornell Green and Herb Addrely were all better corners over the long haul...and as bad as I hate to admit it...so was Deion Sanders :(

And so BTW is Terrance Newman!!

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
Hostile;2306515 said:
plus a KR and a PR. You and Rack want to pretend that doesn't matter, be my guest. It's part of what makes Adam Jones valuable and you both know it even if you want to play games.

The thread is about CORNERBACKS, Genius.

Yes, it matters when talking about him as a complete FOOTBALL PLAYER, but when talking about the ONE Position (CORNERBACK) it's completely meaningless.

You know dang well this thread is about the CORNERBACK position (you getting this yet?).

Plus, leave my freakin' name out of it cuz I already said Renfro was the best in franchise history.

Get a clue.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Rack;2306584 said:
The thread is about CORNERBACKS, Genius.

Yes, it matters when talking about him as a complete FOOTBALL PLAYER, but when talking about the ONE Position (CORNERBACK) it's completely meaningless.

You know dang well this thread is about the CORNERBACK position (you getting this yet?).

Plus, leave my freakin' name out of it cuz I already said Renfro was the best in franchise history.

Get a clue.
I focused on his accomplishments at CB, Genius. Do you see any stats about his Offensive stats in 1966, or his KR stats or his PR stats? No, you do not. Do you see his accomplishments like the HOF and All Pro seasons (which is about CB in case you weren't aware)? Yes, you do. Do you see his INT total? Yes you do. Those are called clues.

Leave your name out? Is that an order Elliott Ness?

I know you brought up Renfro, which is why I didn't respond to you. Did you need a pat on the back or something? Okay, kudos Rack, kudos on having Mel Renfro ahead of Walls. You are the ace. Feel better?

I brought up your name for the same ridiculous reason I responded to juckie. Renfro's KR and PR abilities are gravy. Uh, that means they are a bonus. It honestly is not that hard to grasp that one of the reasons why Deion, Newman, and Pacman are valuable is not just their CB abilities but the added things they can do. If that destroys your confidence in anything I sincerely apologize.

My gosh the drama.

TNCowboy

Double Trouble
Reaction score
Renfro and Deion were better than Walls. Walls was a great player and one of the biggest draft steals of all time, but he wasn't the player they were.

I can't believe anyone would even argue the point.

Tobal

Reaction score
He's not in my top 5. He was feast or famine, he got picks but damn he gave up a ton of long catches.

khiladi

Reaction score
If Kevin Smith never got the achilles injury, everybody would be mentioning his name. He was also targetted by the referees post-injury, through all those baloney PI calls. Jerry Rice use to cry when Smith was on him...

Tenkamenin

Reaction score
Doomsday101;2305932 said:
Walls was great, Deion was super. Deion forced teams to play on one side of the field and once Deion had the ball the guy was as dangerous as any CB I have seen

Deion was one of those once in a lifetime players, kind of like a Jordan. There were a lot of good CB's in the early and mid 90's like Aeneas Williams (Who ended Irvins consecutive catching streak :banghead: ), Rod Woodson, and Darrell Green but none of them were as much of a threat returning a pick like Deion.

We were spoiled with Deion on our team because we measure our own players against him, which is rather unfortunate.

juck

Reaction score
Walls was undrafted.Ints mean everything.They change the game,its a turnover.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
juckie;2307005 said:
Walls was undrafted.Ints mean everything.They change the game,its a turnover.

so was charlie waters and he only had 2 less in his career than walls and is the postseason int leader with 9.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
Hostile;2306709 said:
I focused on his accomplishments at CB, Genius. Do you see any stats about his Offensive stats in 1966, or his KR stats or his PR stats? No, you do not. Do you see his accomplishments like the HOF and All Pro seasons (which is about CB in case you weren't aware)? Yes, you do. Do you see his INT total? Yes you do. Those are called clues.

Leave your name out? Is that an order Elliott Ness?

I know you brought up Renfro, which is why I didn't respond to you. Did you need a pat on the back or something? Okay, kudos Rack, kudos on having Mel Renfro ahead of Walls. You are the ace. Feel better?

I brought up your name for the same ridiculous reason I responded to juckie. Renfro's KR and PR abilities are gravy. Uh, that means they are a bonus. It honestly is not that hard to grasp that one of the reasons why Deion, Newman, and Pacman are valuable is not just their CB abilities but the added things they can do. If that destroys your confidence in anything I sincerely apologize.

My gosh the drama.

Please, drop the "My gosh the drama" crap when you're posts are commonly DRIPPING with drama. Just see all the blue highlighted parts of your quoted posts.

If that's not drama, then drama doesn't exist.

Why don't you make yourself useful and make it where we can put mods and admins on ignore. Your posts have been pretty crappy lately, it would be nice if they didn't show up for me.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Rack;2307057 said:
Please, drop the "My gosh the drama" crap when you're posts are commonly DRIPPING with drama. Just see all the blue highlighted parts of your quoted posts.

If that's not drama, then drama doesn't exist.

Why don't you make yourself useful and make it where we can put mods and admins on ignore. Your posts have been pretty crappy lately, it would be nice if they didn't show up for me.
Funny that you see sarcasm (such as repeating your use of name calling me "Genius") as drama, yet aren't admitting that when you used it it was drama. And you wonder why I called you Elliott Ness. I guess I better explain that. It is the friendly thing to do.

Elliott Ness was the leader of the "untouchables." Yeah, history was "drama." :laugh2:

Maybe the "kudos" was drama, but you just came across as aching for approbation.

Poetry time.

Time out, time out,
Someone disagreed with Rack,
Now he's going to pout.

We have a complaint form where you can register that complaint about the ignore function. Go to the "log out" function and after you log out you will see it.

BeachCityBoyzFan

Reaction score
QuanTran;2305913 said:
Actually, I prefer Kevin Smith over Walls. The Kevin Smith before the achilles.

Agreed. I'd take him over Walls, also. He was money before the injury.

All-time, though, I'd go with Sanders.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
Hostile;2307065 said:
Funny that you see sarcasm (such as repeating your use of name calling me "Genius") as drama, yet aren't admitting that when you used it it was drama. And you wonder why I called you Elliott Ness. I guess I better explain that. It is the friendly thing to do.

Elliott Ness was the leader of the "untouchables." Yeah, history was "drama." :laugh2:

Maybe the "kudos" was drama, but you just came across as aching for approbation.

Poetry time.

Time out, time out,
Someone disagreed with Rack,
Now he's going to pout.

We have a complaint form where you can register that complaint about the ignore function. Go to the "log out" function and after you log out you will see it.

1. Who the hell cares if I used the word "Genius" sarcastically? Was I the one complaining about Drama? No, YOU were. I highlighted the word "Genius" to show how much of a hypocrit YOU are to fill your post with drama, then complain about it.

2. It's funny you accuse me of acting a certain way cuz "someone disagreed with me" yet, you were the one throwing a tantrum and acting like a baby cuz a couple of posters disagreed with YOU.

Again, you're just being a hypocrit.

3. I know who Elliot Ness is, Genius. Don't even try to act like you brought him up for historical purposes. You and I both know it was for "Dramatic" effect.

More hypocrisy.

4. In regards to drama, maybe you should practice what you preach, Chico.

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
Rack;2306201 said:
1. Mel Renfro

2. Everson Walls

3. Deion Sanders (only during his Cowboys days)

Everson Walls might be the most underrated CB of all time.

:hammer:

Rack;2306340 said:
Walls is still the only CB in NFL history to lead the NFL in INTs 3 different seasons (I think that's what it is).

He's also still the all time leader in Pro Bowl INTs (so he must have made a few).

And what do KR/PR have to do with it? The title of the thread is "Agree or Disagree?Everson Walls was best CB in Dallas ever". According to this site he only had 1 punt return in his career, and no kick returns. He was a CB, not a special teamer.

Also, he was a key part of the defense on that 1990 giants team that won the superbowl that year (6 ints, 1 TD). Tell me, you think Parcells would have a CB on his defense that was only good at picking off passes? You and I both know that's not the case.

That said, I've already stated in this thread that Renfro was #1, but Walls was pretty freakin' good too and IMO deserves to be in the HoF.

:hammer:

In Super Bowl XXV against the Bills, he (Bill Belichick) trusted his defense to me. I called most of the plays on field, to counter the Bills no-huddle offense. It was basically Jim Kelly vs. myself.

link

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Rack;2307194 said:
1. Who the hell cares if I used the word "Genius" sarcastically? Was I the one complaining about Drama? No, YOU were. I highlighted the word "Genius" to show how much of a hypocrit YOU are to fill your post with drama, then complain about it.

2. It's funny you accuse me of acting a certain way cuz "someone disagreed with me" yet, you were the one throwing a tantrum and acting like a baby cuz a couple of posters disagreed with YOU.

Again, you're just being a hypocrit.

3. I know who Elliot Ness is, Genius. Don't even try to act like you brought him up for historical purposes. You and I both know it was for "Dramatic" effect.

More hypocrisy.

4. In regards to drama, maybe you should practice what you preach, Chico.
I read that whole thing and it is better than a sleeping pill. Have fun Rack.

:laugh2:

Oh, and who disagreed with me that Renfro is the best CB we've ever had besides Juckie? I must have missed that.

My whole response was to the two of you complaining about me adding that he was a valuable KR and PR.

Walls was a fantastic CB and I wish we had someone like him who was a ball thief. I loved Thurman's Thieves.

I still maintain Renfro is the best CB we've ever had and I've been saying that for more years than I have posted on forums.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Also, he was a key part of the defense on that 1990 giants team that won the superbowl that year (6 ints, 1 TD). Tell me, you think Parcells would have a CB on his defense that was only good at picking off passes? You and I both know that's not the case.

He played safety for parcells in ny. That defense was outstanding, they had 23 picks that season.

lurkercowboy

Reaction score
Walls is my favorite Dallas CB. That doesn't mean I think he was the best, but he was my favorite.

Of course, my favorite defensive play is an interception so that may have something to do with it.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
Hostile;2306535 said:
Yes, there is. Renfro played his entire career in 14 game seasons.

Walls played his entire career in 16 game seasons.

and played at a time when the ball was thrown far less