Agree or Disagree?Everson Walls was best CB in Dallas ever

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
juckie;2306451 said:
I dont care about kick or punt returns or offense I am discussing CBs on defense.Walls made a play on the ball and getting an interception is the best thing a CB can do.If we had him in his rookie year now we would have won it all last year and this year easily.Turnovers mean everything.How can you disagree with this?yes i am going there with u.suck on these stats mr. know it all.

4x Pro Bowl selection (1981, 1982, 1983, 1985)
4x All-Pro selection (1982, 1983, 1984, 1985)
1x Super Bowl champion (XXV)
Led NFL in interceptions in 1981 with 11
Led NFL in interceptions in 1982 with 7
Led NFL in interceptions in 1985 with 9

INTs are important. But a CBs job is to stop players from catching passes and help provide run support not get INTs.

Everson24

Reaction score
Even I have to admit Deion is the best. He could do things on the field that most corners only dream of.

ANTHONYSCOTT

Reaction score
Not sure how anyone could ever make a legitimate argument that Deion wasn't the best cover corner ever for Dallas, even in the short time he was here. :bow:

That wasnt the question. The best CB not cover CB. I loved Deion, but dont you think we could use someone like now. Someone who may gamble but has a nack for INT's. I never watched Renfro, but its still to hard to call.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
ANTHONYSCOTT;2307610 said:
Not sure how anyone could ever make a legitimate argument that Deion wasn't the best cover corner ever for Dallas, even in the short time he was here. :bow:

That wasnt the question. The best CB not cover CB. I loved Deion, but dont you think we could use someone like now. Someone who may gamble but has a nack for INT's. I never watched Renfro, but its still to hard to call.

If you had seen Mel play then you'd not be confused about who was better. But you do have most of the board agreeing he was better than Walls as well as the fact he's in the HOF and ROH while Walls isn't.

jem88

Reaction score
The problem with this thread is that has almost served to diminish Walls' greatness. Of course he wasn't our best ever, but he was still great.

It would be like creating a thread saying "David Howard was by far the best part of the Herschel Walker trade." Of course that's insanity, when everyone knows that Ike Holt was the centrepiece of that trade. But Howard was still pretty cool.