Aikman is a better QB than Dak Prescott

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
And Aikman played against lethal teams too… like the 14-2 49ers.

The 49ers were the team of the 1980s.

Watch the intro for the 1992 NFC Championship game

Aikman also played against HOF QBs in the playoffs: Young, Favre, and Kelly.

Dak and the Cowboys lost to the Brock Purdy led 49ers.

By the time that was over I got a little choked up

morat1959

Reaction score
That is not true. Aikman did nothing after the 3rd SB when the great players started to leave.

Even with Emmitt and Irvin still on the team, he never elevated another team to win anything. By the end of his career he had as near as many TDs as interceptions. Aikman was good on a good team, and is in the HOF because of that. But when the talent left he was average at best.
Aikman and average should never go in the same sentence. Your post says it all about your knowledge of the QB position. Let me guess..you’re a stats guy???

Mr_Slicky

Reaction score
You continually show that you dont understand the game of football.

Just a few posts ago you pointed out that Dak couldnt beat the last pick in the draft Purdy. Dak doenst play Purdy. How am I supposed to have a rational conversation with someone that thinks QB's play each other when they get on the field?

And look, you cant even answer a simple question.

If Dak had Aikmans team and coaching , would he make the championship game?
That depends. Would Dak throw dumb interceptions/make bad decisions under pressure? Until Dak wins a SB he will always be considered a JAG. Fair or not it’s how QBs are judged.

Redline360

Reaction score
People actually throwing Daks stats around during the Bucs game last year like it's gold and comparing them to Aikmans lolz

While he played phenomenal that game the bucs had no reason to even be in the playoffs. Offense line was in shambles, no run game, and injury ravaged

plasticman

Reaction score
Aikman always saved his best games for the important ones.

At each level of the playoffs his QB rating jumped more than ten points.

At a practice, Aikman once split the webbing between fingers on a receiver's hand. When asked why he chose to catch it the receiver replied, "It was too late to get out of the way."

When Irvin was practically draped by two defenders, Aikman would hit him right between the 8's.

Does this sound like Dak? I love the guy, he's my quarterback, but he's a different type of quarterback than the 1989 draft's overall #1 pick.

When people compare Aikman to other quarterbacks they tend to look at, what we used to call, the "qualifying games". They are typically known as "the regular season".

NumOneQB

Reaction score
Never heard anyone say this. Ever. I’ve heard the ridiculous posts that “RoMo is BettErz!!”. I think the OP is just trying to stir up Dak hate.

Momanpr100

Reaction score
Multiple young Cowboy fans say Romo and Dak were/are better than Aikman; due to Aikman’s regular season stats.
Saying they got better stats is not the same as saying that they are better. Romo is to frail to play back in the day and the book is still being written on Dak.

Mr Cowboy

Reaction score
Aikman and average should never go in the same sentence. Your post says it all about your knowledge of the QB position. Let me guess..you’re a stats guy???
How many rings did he lift his team to win after the great teams he was part of? If this board was around back then, he would have been roasted just like Romo and Dak.

And no, not a stats guy, just a Cowboys fan for more than 50 years.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
It’s funny that anyone felt the need to start a thread on this topic. Lol