Aikman on a roll! "Way Organization Is Run Is to 'Detriment of the Cowboys'"

Dodger12

Reaction score
He’s got a great point. Jerry has created this aura of entitlement for the players whether he realizes it or not.

Aikman is a hater and hater's are gonna hate. We're in first place which makes him a quitter as well. Quitters quit.......I'm embarrassed for him.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I wish I could see a scenario where Jerry would be willing to give up his profile. Can you see him giving up the radio show? Being interviewed in the locker room 5 minutes after a game? I feel he has little interest in winning if he doesnt get credit for winning. I like players calling Jerry out like this. But I also fear it backs him into a corner where he may be less likely to give up his status since the narrative if they won a SB next year would be "Cowboys finally win because Jerry got out of the way". I think we need to hope he gets enough satisfaction getting credit for building a talented roster.

The only thing that gives me the smallest bit of faith that that could happen is Father Time. Mortality. Reports say that Texans owner Bob McNai's death really impacted Jerry and showed him his own mortality. Maybe that, combined with 23-years plus of disappointing results would be enough for him to consider changing the way he's operates if it means landing a true difference maker as head coach?

I think whoever the new hire turns out to be will give us a clear indication of whether it's a fundamental change or more business as usual.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
The only thing that gives me the smallest bit of faith that that could happen is Father Time. Mortality. Reports say that Texans owner Bob McNai's death really impacted Jerry and showed him his own mortality. Maybe that, combined with 23-years plus of disappointing results would be enough for him to consider changing the way he's operates if it means landing a true difference maker as head coach?

I think whoever the new hire turns out to be will give us a clear indication of whether it's a fundamental change or more business as usual.

This is what I keep hoping for. He has to be understanding that his hourglass is starting to run out of sand.....right? I would hope so! If he wants to embrace that moment of being a champion again, he is going to have to let that desire overrule the mentality he has had with this team over the last 25 years. That starts with getting rid of a lame duck coach.

Otherwise, we are all doomed as a fan base.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This is what I keep hoping for. He has to be understanding that his hourglass is starting to run out of sand.....right? I would hope so! If he wants to embrace that moment of being a champion again, he is going to have to let that desire overrule the mentality he has had with this team over the last 25 years. That starts with getting rid of a lame duck coach.

:hammer:

Noclaf

Reaction score
Aikman is a hater and hater's are gonna hate. We're in first place which makes him a quitter as well. Quitters quit.......I'm embarrassed for him.
This is why people hate Cowboys fans. Troy is 1000% right, 3 playoff wins in 25 is what's embarrassing period. You should be embarrassed to have this take

willia451

Reaction score

Jerry's acknowledgment of his own mortality, if reports are true, may cause just the opposite. Being even MORE hands on.

It's been my experience that as people slowly age moving from being old to being elderly, their natural personality traits are amplified over time. Jerry has never been "rational" about "His Cowboys".

Jerry couldn't wait to get rid of Bill Parcells so he could take back control. But he had to hire him to give people hope and get the Death Star built. As soon as that was done, bye bye Bill.

So its probably going to get worse, maybe even much worse, before it gets any better.

Sorry.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Jerry's acknowledgment of his own mortality, if reports are true, may cause just the opposite. Being even MORE hands on.

It's been my experience that as people slowly age moving from being old to being elderly, their natural personality traits are amplified over time. Jerry has never been "rational" about "His Cowboys".

Jerry couldn't wait to get rid of Bill Parcells so he could take back control. But he had to hire him to give people hope and get the Death Star built. As soon as that was done, bye bye Bill.

So its probably going to get worse, maybe even much worse, before it gets any better.

Sorry.

Parcells retired because he was done coaching, Jerry didn't force him out. There's plenty of valid criticisms of Jerry to cite without having to resort to making them up.

Dodger12

Reaction score
This is why people hate Cowboys fans. Troy is 1000% right, 3 playoff wins in 25 is what's embarrassing period. You should be embarrassed to have this take

You're a fake fan....a quitter. Quitters quit and Troy's a quitter. Go find another team to root for. You're probably an Eagles fan anyway.

nobody

Reaction score
I'd love to see Irvin back him up.

Just think of my main man Irvin going off on Jerry as well. That would be epic.

Irvin would never do it. Irvin loves Jerry because he feels that Jerry lifted Irvin and his family up out of poverty. He's repeated that in a thankful manner so many times over the years.

DandyDon52

Reaction score

wow jerry may take Troy out of ring of honor ! lol
he should have said this a long time ago, good that someone like him actually said it publicly.
I wonder how jerry will react or say.
We all know he wont give up the gm role.

But @ Troy, it is coaching, it just requires someone who in clever and innovative to work with jerry and still win
more playoff games or get to SB.

Dodger12

Reaction score

We've been doomed a fan base the moment Jimmy left the premises and Barry entered. Did you see the look on his face when put his HoF jacket on for the first time? Was the the look of a man who gave a **** about not winning a SB in 20 plus years? Jerry's goals are not the same as us fans, mortality or not. In his mind, he left a legacy that will carry on for generations.

yimyammer

Reaction score
Can you see him giving up the radio show? Being interviewed in the locker room 5 minutes after a game?

Not a chance, I think this runs deeper than ego; imo he genuinely loves the fame, has become addicted to it and has grown to need it, its more valuable to him than anything he could buy and he can obviously buy anything. I think he would sink into a deep depression if he had to walk away from the limelight so the only long shot hope is if it were taken away.

If all fans had the discipline to quit listening, watching or reading anything from or about him to the point that no media ever spoke to him, interviewed, etc because ratings dropped to next to zero, it would crush him. Its the only thing I can think of that will ever get his attention, too bad fans cant muster up that much solidarity.

The one thing they have done is kept him off his vidja board because he gets booed so bad. I hope that hasn't changed

Noclaf

Reaction score
You're a fake fan....a quitter. Quitters quit and Troy's a quitter. Go find another team to root for. You're probably an Eagles fan anyway.
Your cute, and maybe a little ill Oh by the way Jerry your hall of fame QB just called you out!