Aikman on a roll! "Way Organization Is Run Is to 'Detriment of the Cowboys'"

tyke1doe

Reaction score
I agree with Aikman but he has zero right to criticize any way its run. He was part of the era where the Cowboys were a bunch of Coke and prostitute addicts. He didnt seem to have a problem with that.
I'm not understanding the equivalence. Business v. moral?

Dodger12

Reaction score
Pretty obvious when you put it like that.

Like how? I hit a nerve or language that automatically gets blocked anyway? Do you automatically delete posts when any blocked language is used?

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
Hiring a GM is not automatically going to make this team better. ( IMO) Because Jerry will not let a GM or a coach get rid of, what he considers to be, key players. So no matter who comes in all of the big budget players will still be here even they don't fit the new guys design concept.

So prepare yourself for another decade of being just OK.

That's a great point. If you hire a GM it's not a guarantee that that GM is any good. Tex Schramm was an amazing GM. I would hope that if Jerry or Stephen did end up hiring a GM that they would really shop around well to get one who's excellent. But you're spot-on that there are no guarantees of a good one.

EJK24

Reaction score
Aikman laying out the minimal success over 20+ plus year does point to the fact that we have a bigger issue than coaching. He is 100 percent correct.

My only issue with this video, not sure when it was posted, was that in the New England game he made it a point to single out Garrett for coaching issues. I'm not saying he was wrong because his job is to call it like he sees it, but why make it a point on national television to criticize Garrett if in reality you really are blaming the organization from the top?

Jerry is the major problem but he singled out Garrett and, I thought, made him look even worse. Usually when a team is playing poorly you point at some issues that are glaring but he was blaming Jason for the special teams issues and saying how this was a big loss and this shouldnt be a moral victory.

Once again, hes right but should have directed that negative energy towards Jerry right off the bat. Jason has already taken his beat down from fans, media, and everyone in between so its not like hes going to fly under the radar for the mess we have on our hands.

MikeB80

Reaction score
Aikman has always been consistent in this message.

When parcells was here Aikman would always mention how being around the team was just like when he was around reid's eagles and the patriots. He said he would have loved to have played for parcells.

Troy has never mixed his words with his disdain for the jones family and what a bunch of imbecile's they are.

cern

Reaction score
I agree with Aikman but he has zero right to criticize any way its run. He was part of the era where the Cowboys were a bunch of Coke and prostitute addicts. He didnt seem to have a problem with that.
I doubt aikman was doing coke with Michael Irvin. I do know he was outraged at the lack of discipline during switzer's tenure which is when all the garbage began.

cern

Reaction score
sure he does and I'm glad he is, I wish more players would speak up and put the heat on jeri

and its really nothing new, he's been saying this since his playing days:

i'm glad he said it. but jerry's ego is protected by an impenetrable shield.

cern

Reaction score
That's a great point. If you hire a GM it's not a guarantee that that GM is any good. Tex Schramm was an amazing GM. I would hope that if Jerry or Stephen did end up hiring a GM that they would really shop around well to get one who's excellent. But you're spot-on that there are no guarantees of a good one.
the cowboys were preparing to file for bankruptcy tex's final years as gm. best thing tex had going for him was tom landry. but he got caught in the same time loop as tex.

cern

Reaction score
I must have offended some sensitivities I guess. We don't want to paint Jerry or the organization in a negative light. That brings all the apologists out of the woodwork.
sorry your post was deleted. l enjoy sarcasm. now i'll never know.

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
the cowboys were preparing to file for bankruptcy tex's final years as gm. best thing tex had going for him was tom landry. but he got caught in the same time loop as tex.

Both Landry and Schramm did great in the 60s and 70s, but it really went downhill in the 80s, especially the mid to late 80s.