Aikman on a roll! "Way Organization Is Run Is to 'Detriment of the Cowboys'"

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
Suck ti Jerry,you have ruined the season before it started by refusing to do a proper assessment of the team .

I highly doubt you were saying the above before the season started or while the team was 3-0. Yeah, let's blame it on all on Jerry. The talent is there to win games. The players and the coaches have failed in my opinion. Jerry isn't missing tackles, Jerry isn't calling stupid plays. Jerry isn't out on the field freelancing trying to make a play and not taking care of one's responsibilities on the play. Jerry isn't out there committing dumb penalties or dropping passes or fumbling.

In hindsight, Jerry should have signed Earl Thomas this year. Jerry definitely shouldn't have caved into Zeke's holdout. Jerry should have fired Garrett a long time ago. Those are Jerry's mistakes in my opinion. Most everything else is on the players and coaches.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
Thank you Troy, Jerry can change coaches and hire a GM, but until he stops meddling the people in those positions won't have the power to effect change.

kskboys

Reaction score
Yes, it absolutely is. Jerry is, by far, the biggest problem with the organization. Having said that, I seriously Jerry called down from the owner’s box at the end of the first half last Thursday and told Jason to go into halftime with an unused timeout. I seriously doubt Jerry told Tavon Austin to not return the punt against Minnesota. And I doubt he told Tavon to line up too far back against New England.

Jerry is hard to work for, but that doesn’t mean you stop looking for a coach who can have success here.
All those doubts. You know what's not in doubt? Jerry is the GM, and so is responsible for the coaches who make those calls. So, in actuality, Jerry did all those things you claim he didn't.

kskboys

Reaction score
I highly doubt you were saying the above before the season started or while the team was 3-0. Yeah, let's blame it on all on Jerry. The talent is there to win games. The players and the coaches have failed in my opinion. Jerry isn't missing tackles, Jerry isn't calling stupid plays. Jerry isn't out on the field freelancing trying to make a play and not taking care of one's responsibilities on the play. Jerry isn't out there committing dumb penalties or dropping passes or fumbling.

In hindsight, Jerry should have signed Earl Thomas this year. Jerry definitely shouldn't have caved into Zeke's holdout. Jerry should have fired Garrett a long time ago. Those are Jerry's mistakes in my opinion. Most everything else is on the players and coaches.
I was.

Since Jerry is responsible for the team, he is doing all those things you are claiming he's not.

cern

Reaction score
I was.

Since Jerry is responsible for the team, he is doing all those things you are claiming he's not.
if jerry is responsible for the head coach, he is responsible for the team's failures. jimmy said jerry never valued the importance of coaching. as usual, jimmy was right.

Dodger12

Reaction score
sorry your post was deleted. l enjoy sarcasm. now i'll never know.

It really wasn't even a sarcastic post, but basically in response to my initial posts which were being sarcastic. I guess folks just didn't like the message. But I'll re-post it. I'm just looking for an answer as to why it was deleted to begin with before I do that.

reddyuta

Reaction score

you are wrong,i was repeatedly saying this even in the offseason when we signed some scrubs and for the entirety of rods stint here,we have never put much emphasis on the Dt position from drafting to the FA since we brought him here.

MyFairLady

Reaction score
Jerruh deserves all of the blame for this fiasco. Seriously though look at the head coach. Look at the offensive coordinator. Look at the useless rich MLB. Look at the fat rich RB. We have a bajillion dollars and all of our draft picks in an offensive line that can't even get through a week of practice let alone a tough 3rd down on Sundays. Just wait cause 3 years from now a lot of the money that is being spent on this "talented" roster is gonna start popping up on the books and we are gonna be like "OMFG how did this happen".

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I agree with Aikman but he has zero right to criticize any way its run. He was part of the era where the Cowboys were a bunch of Coke and prostitute addicts. He didnt seem to have a problem with that.
Prostitute addicts? That's a new addiction, how many steps are in that program?

fansince68

Reaction score
Suck ti Jerry,you have ruined the season before it started by refusing to do a proper assessment of the team .
I totally agree. I sometimes wonder if we watch film of ourselves and opponents. We are always just so unprepared and without adjustments. Its sad.

MyFairLady

Reaction score
I totally agree. I sometimes wonder if we watch film of ourselves and opponents. We are always just so unprepared and without adjustments. Its sad.
We have run the read option about 100 times now without the QB ever once keeping it or the RB bouncing it out side. RB into the pile every time. I think you can safely assume that we do not evaluate ourselves at all.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Aikman, being an ex Cowboys star, might get by with that but other net talking heads cannot do that. Owners, and GM's to a certain extent, are off limits.

It will be interesting to see if Booger even responds because what's his defense. During the time Aikman is speaking about, Booger already admitted he should have fired himself. When you get a guy that acknowledges he's doing a bad enough job to be fired and continues to do that job, it's time for all fans to just accept what is and is not going to change as long as he's alive and able to work.

nobody

Reaction score
It really wasn't even a sarcastic post, but basically in response to my initial posts which were being sarcastic. I guess folks just didn't like the message. But I'll re-post it. I'm just looking for an answer as to why it was deleted to begin with before I do that.

lol, I told you. People hadn't had their coffee yet and couldn't tell you weren't serious. :)

bayeslife

187beatdown
Reaction score
No offense to Troy, but how does he know how the organization is run these days? He hasn’t been here in 20 years

McKDaddy

Reaction score
What??

Aikman was a competitive SOB and a perfectionist. - which is why he will never be a coach nor likely any other FO role. He wouldn't put up with the horsepucky. He wants the Cowboys to contend for championships and he's giving his educated opinion on why it's not happening. Spare us the morality nonsense.

Have to agree. There was zero evidence that Troy like or endorsed the lifestyle many of his teammates chose off the field. On the field it is well documented that he held them all to a high standard (ask Michael Irvin). It wasn't his place as QB to police the organization off the field.

In his current role he can talk about the broader picture from first hand knowledge and what he sees in successful organizations. All fair game it would seem to me.