Twitter: Aikman puts Mahomes in his place

GMO415

Reaction score
I get it, Troy's competitiveness came out, but take the higher road Troy

SackMaster

Reaction score
ICYMI: The original tweet/post/whatever was NOT from Patrick Mahomes.

So I'm not understanding how Aikman put Mahomes in his place when Mahomes was not even a part of the conversation.

Is Aikman wrong though? How many QBs have put up very good numbers, yet have no titles to show for it? It will be interesting to see if Mahomes is this generation's Dan Marino, or not.

But I will wish him all the luck as he seems to be a good kid that is doing things the right way. Unless of course he is playing the Cowboys, in which I hopes he has the worse game(s) of his career.

JMHO

ChuckA1

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No doubt. Besides, who knows if he's 'a humble, good kid'. He's managed his public persona well, but he could be doing lines off of his GF's flat stomach every night for all we know. Further, who cares? He's a football player, not the Messiah.
Actually, I've followed the guy since his Texas Tech days, my alma mater. I have close friends who have sons who actually played football with him. He is most definitely a good guy.

And, Aikman was speaking to the author of the article and was justified to comment.

Scotman

Reaction score
I haven't seen Mahomes do anything that I would consider special. Seriously, not one thing. I haven't seen him take over a game and win it with sheer talent. I certainly haven't seen him methodically pick defenses apart like I did Aikman time and again. I haven't seen Mahomes selflessly hand the ball off when he could easily just keep padding his stats.

In fact, I never watched Mahomes play, not one game. :)

blueblood70

Reaction score
I luv troy and he was great in his own right but I get burned for this all the time, he was in different era, Emmiit was the true HOF player that made the team go along with the linemen and a great coach, Troys RS numbers look pedestrian, but he stepped it up in the playoffs in big moments.. but the entire 90s team having so much talent helped drag some players with average overall career numbers into the HOF..

Tony Romo was a better Regular season QB then Troy, very true, troys TD-INt ratio was bad , Romo had nearly twice as many Tds and half the Ints.. yet somehow Romo only remembered for mistakes not all his fault and said he was turnover prone.

Stats tell the truth, he was not a TO machine.. sorry its the truth.

so yes Mahomes has a point but was not necessary going public with it....

No im not saying Tony was better then Troy but even his numbers destroyed Aikmans, so Mahomes is on pace to destroy that..the issue with Mahomes needs to worry about is the DC new era counterpart has their own Troy Aikman in NE and you cant get past them as of yet, until you do you will always be 2nd place..:))

Aikmaniac

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I think over the years and with this offensive explosion era we're in, Troy's TD total comes under lots of scrutiny. I think he really wishes he could've played in this era and let his talents back him up. He's said a multitude of times how he let his own stats take a back seat to the team, but he's also mentioned that he would've had better stats under a different offense such as Denver's or Miami's (back then).

ChuckA1

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think over the years and with this offensive explosion era we're in, Troy's TD total comes under lots of scrutiny. I think he really wishes he could've played in this era and let his talents back him up. He's said a multitude of times how he let his own stats take a back seat to the team, but he's also mentioned that he would've had better stats under a different offense such as Denver's or Miami's (back then).
Not sure it was the era, the Cowboys were a ground and pound team. They had ES, so Aikman didn't really get the same opportunities to air it out . I guess we're all saying the same thing, Aikman was great at doing what he needed to for the team to win. He could have carried the team with his arm, but the team mentality wasn't set up that way.

Aikmaniac

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
No im not saying Tony was better then Troy but even his numbers destroyed Aikmans, so Mahomes is on pace to destroy that..the issue with Mahomes needs to worry about is the DC new era counterpart has their own Troy Aikman in NE and you cant get past them as of yet, until you do you will always be 2nd place..:))

Very true. The media is building Mahomes up to knock him down...just like they do everyone else. If he can't beat NE, those articles will start coming up just as fast as these are.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Kansas City Radio tries to compare Mahomes to Aikman and Aikman isn't having it!! :lmao2::flagwave::clap::

Mahomes is one of the best QB and is a joy to watch but I see no comparisons with Aikman. Maybe with Favre.

Ultimately if you want to become immortal you’ll need to win in February.

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
I haven't seen Mahomes do anything that I would consider special. Seriously, not one thing. I haven't seen him take over a game and win it with sheer talent. I certainly haven't seen him methodically pick defenses apart like I did Aikman time and again. I haven't seen Mahomes selflessly hand the ball off when he could easily just keep padding his stats.

In fact, I never watched Mahomes play, not one game. :)

What about his Magic Johnson no look pass? Lol

texbumthelife

Reaction score
I noticed yesterday and from highlights today. I was going to post at some point.

Mahomes is starting to remind me on the cockiness level of Cam Newton.
Almost Arrogant with on the field antics. Not quite as bad, but a sign of it.

Looks like a guy having fun out there to me. God forbid professional athletes have any fun playing a game for millions of dollars.

ESisback

Reaction score
Kansas City Radio tries to compare Mahomes to Aikman and Aikman isn't having it!! :lmao2::flagwave::clap::

He has better pass stats so far. So what? First off, he’s an arrogant punk. Secondly, it’s a much different league now. A passing league. You also have to consider the 90’s Cowboys were more balanced. They had Emmitt and a great defense.

Nice reply, Troy!