Twitter: Aikman savages Doug Gottlieb on Luck

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Got no issues with Luck retiring and wish him the best. Class dude, great player. His life, not ours.
Totally don’t blame him, dealing with injuries gets old and if it robs you of your enjoyment then it’s time to move on. It’s very different than a two year premature hold out B.C. of a contract by someone who may or may not stay out of trouble.....

What Luck did is the difference between telling the girl you want to break off the engagement 5 months before the wedding or the day of the wedding.

texbumthelife

Reaction score
That is the issue. The timing and how he handled it.

So your body works on your calendar? You let it know when you're gonna be off work and that's when you get sick/injured? Is that how it works? His latest injury was the one that sealed the deal. His timing coincides with listening to his body, not the peanut gallery in the stands who could give a damn what his quality of life is like after football.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Shouldn’t matter how he did it. You can’t tel someone when they should or shouldn’t feel like retiring. And it also seems it wasn’t out of the blue. Someone leaked it to Schefter and he had to jump in front of it.

Im not telling him how do do anything. Im simply disagreeing with the way he did it. All the information is out. The FO knew a week or so prior. Which really doesnt change anything for me. HE quit because of the newest injury which was an ankle sprain.

What Luck did is the difference between breaking off the engagement 5 months prior to the wedding or the day of the wedding.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
So you're body works on your calendar? You let it know when you're gonna be off work and that's when you get sick/injured? Is that how it works? His latest injury was the one that sealed the deal. His timing coincides with listening to his body, not the peanut gallery in the stands who could give a damn what his quality of life is like after football.

HE sprained his ankle. He didnt blow a knee out or break his arm.

If he wasnt willing to deal wit
So your body works on your calendar? You let it know when you're gonna be off work and that's when you get sick/injured? Is that how it works? His latest injury was the one that sealed the deal. His timing coincides with listening to his body, not the peanut gallery in the stands who could give a damn what his quality of life is like after football.

Give me a break. He sprained his ankle. He didnt blow out a knee or break an arm. No surgery was needed.

texbumthelife

Reaction score
Im not telling him how do do anything. Im simply disagreeing with the way he did it. All the information is out. The FO knew a week or so prior. Which really doesnt change anything for me. HE quit because of the newest injury which was an ankle sprain.

What Luck did is the difference between breaking off the engagement 5 months prior to the wedding or the day of the wedding.

You keep throwing out this "ankle sprain" nonsense to serve your narrative. He was also dealing with bone/muscle issues and chronic NEVER ENDING pain from his various other ailments.

Dude suffered a lacerated kidney in a game and you're questioning his toughness by dragging him over an ankle sprain. What you're doing is the very definition of toxic masculinity.

jsb357

Reaction score
I agree with being able to walk away when you want but seriously
if you are the franchise QB a two week notice is not sufficient.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
You keep throwing out this "ankle sprain" nonsense to serve your narrative. He was also dealing with bone/muscle issues and chronic NEVER ENDING pain from his various other ailments.

Dude suffered a lacerated kidney in a game and you're questioning his toughness by dragging him over an ankle sprain. What you're doing is the very definition of toxic masculinity.

Questioning his toughness? Are you making up stuff now?

And your mad why? Because I dont agree with you.

LOL........Toxic Masculinity? You really are mad.

If Luck was unwilling to play if he got an ankle sprain then he just should have retired after the season. His time was horrible and pathetic. Never should have done that to the fans, players, and team.

And he rightfully got booed out of the stadium.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Don’t really see why Troy is so triggered. Gottlieb isn’t saying Luck doesn’t have the right to retire. He’s just saying that this is a very 2019 thing that we’re witnessing.

Troy also retired due to injuries, and is a fellow quarterback. In some ways it could be construed that according to Gottlieb Aikman also retired because the NFL was "too hard"...

Brooksey

Reaction score
Ask the wives and children of those guys how that worked out for them.

Andrew Luck is soft IMO. I'd make him pay back the 15 Million in bonus money. If it was a concussion issue I'd understand but based on the ankle injury he's a quitter in my eyes. He gave up, he quit, he wanted to enjoy his life and all the money he has made, I get it. Not saying it's right or wrong based on how smart the guy is and have no doubt he will be successful in something else but he quit football.

In the end he has a right to make his own decisions and everyone has a right to their own opinion. #USA

texbumthelife

Reaction score
Questioning his toughness? Are you making up stuff now?

And your mad why? Because I dont agree with you.

LOL........Toxic Masculinity? You really are mad.

If Luck was unwilling to play if he got an ankle sprain then he just should have retired after the season. His time was horrible and pathetic. Never should the fans, players, and team through it like this.

And he rightfully got booed out of the stadium.

You keep mentioning the ankle sprain in an attempt to question his toughness. Everyone sees exactly what you're doing. Your dragging him to suit your narrative.

I'm not angry at all. I love when posters get called on their bs so they try to drum up some personal feelings. Shows your maturity. I couldn't care less about you, kid. This is a message board. It's here specifically for us to share our opinion.

Wouldn't play with a sprained ankle? Lol wut? How many different injuries DID Luck play with? Exactly. You're a troll.

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
Don’t really see why Troy is so triggered. Gottlieb isn’t saying Luck doesn’t have the right to retire. He’s just saying that this is a very 2019 thing that we’re witnessing.
Screw what year it is. 2019 is full of idiots as it is. Troy was undoubtedly from a different era, but completely understands what it takes to play at the position.

Andrew made a conscience decision in this era. Barry Sanders made a conscience decision in Aikman’s era. So what’s the difference? Nada.

Doug needs to stick to college basketball.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Troy also retired due to injuries, and is a fellow quarterback. In some ways it could be construed that according to Gottlieb Aikman also retired because the NFL was "too hard"...

Any starting franchise QB that quits 2 weeks before the season starts with no warning whatsoever will get booed out of ANY stadium.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Screw what year it is. 2019 is full of idiots as it is. Troy was undoubtedly from a different era, but completely understands what it takes to play at the position.

Andrew made a conscience decision in this era. Barry Sanders made a conscience decision in Aikman’s era. So what’s the difference? Nada.

Doug needs to stick to college basketball.

There is a huge difference. Sanders retired in the offseason. Luck retired 2 weeks before the season started.

texbumthelife

Reaction score
Andrew Luck is soft IMO. I'd make him pay back the 15 Million in bonus money. If it was a concussion issue I'd understand but based on the ankle injury he's a quitter in my eyes. He gave up, he quit, he wanted to enjoy his life and all the money he has made, I get it. Not saying it's right or wrong based on how smart the guy is and have no doubt he will be successful in something else but he quit football.

In the end he has a right to make his own decisions and everyone has a right to their own opinion. #USA

How are you guys just making this about dude spraining his ankle? Are yall that dense? It's about the accumulative effects of ALL his injuries. The most recent injuries simply broke the camels back.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score

Toxic Masculinity. Did that just come from a man?

Fastpitch Dad

Reaction score
Aikman should use some of that energy towards that fanbase. Gottlieb made a unfunny joke about millennials. Not worth getting upset over.
Even more amazing is the effort people are putting into arguing over in on here. Some with name calling.

Doesn’t impact me one bit, it’s a game. I’ve mellowed with age and this post is fascinating to watch ppl go crazy over it.

To each their own, but wow, I can’t stop reading all this vitriol from cowboy fans at each other.