Twitter: Aikman savages Doug Gottlieb on Luck

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
It wasn't just the ankle injury, it's a cumulative thing from years of injuries...

So he should have quit in the offseason instead of 2 weeks before the season. If he was unwilling to deal with even an ankle sprain.

He also said that last year was his most enjoyable season ever. So that goes against your theory.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Even more amazing is the effort people are putting into arguing over in on here. Some with name calling.

Doesn’t impact me one bit, it’s a game. I’ve mellowed with age and this post is fascinating to watch ppl go crazy over it.

To each their own, but wow, I can’t stop reading all this vitriol from cowboy fans at each other.
:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Ironic isnt it? Some people just have anger managment issues.

Brooksey

Reaction score
How are you guys just making this about dude spraining his ankle? Are yall that dense? It's about the accumulative effects of ALL his injuries. The most recent injuries simply broke the camels back.

Because he's weak, he lacked the heart and will to keep fighting. He's a quitter and he had 100 million reasons to do it

Whyjerry

Reaction score
I certainly do not believe that I am missing the point. You may never listen to him, but one individual never speaks for everyone. I highly doubt FS1 was, in any way, upset with him for his comment. Some people are drawn to controversy… And controversial people. Some people like to listen Just because they can’t believe someone would say something so stupid.

You are working off the assumption that everyone will view it as you do.

You mean right vs. wrong?

Mountaineerfan

Reaction score
The guy was a brain that could play. He's not losing anything to leave football besides money which he has plenty. Who knows in a few years he might be healthy and come back to a new start.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Any starting franchise QB that quits 2 weeks before the season starts with no warning whatsoever will get booed out of ANY stadium.

Probably true, but then again I doubt every fan booed, but as the old saying goes, don't judge someone until you walked a mile in their shoes, I suspect most of us, after we'd made a few million dollars, and was going to get to keep millions more, would have made the same decision.

Me, I'd have stuck it out, being a starting NFL quarterback is such a rare accomplishment, they'd have to drag me off the field.

If I was a Colts fan and was at the game, doubt I'd have booed, though.

But that's just me...

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Probably true, but then again I doubt every fan booed, but as the old saying goes, don't judge someone until you walked a mile in their shoes, I suspect most of us, after we'd made a few million dollars, and was going to get to keep millions more, would have made the same decision.

Me, I'd have stuck it out, being a starting NFL quarterback is such a rare accomplishment, they'd have to drag me off the field.

If I was a Colts fan and was at the game, doubt I'd have booed, though.

But that's just me...

I would have either retired in the offseason or stuck it out one more season. I would not have dropped the ball on everyone like that. If one more ankle sprain was going to send you into retirement, you should have just retired already.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
so if Dak walked away a week before the season, some of you all are cool with that? I bet you wouldn't be defending that decision then...just a hunch.
If Dak was getting beat up and always hurt I would have no problem with that. I wanted to move away from Tony because he was always getting hurt. Sometimes your health is more important than football. In the end it's just a game.

texbumthelife

Reaction score
If Dak was getting beat up and always hurt I would have no problem with that. I wanted to move away from Tony because he was always getting hurt. Sometimes your health is more important than football. In the end it's just a game.

But you have to be in control of when you get hurt and make sure it only happens in a time frame the more egocentric fans can stomach.

texbumthelife

Reaction score
As early as March... So the team screw this up as well. Of course CowboyTroll and the rest of the peanut gallery will ignore it, and keep repeating “he quit over a sprained ankle 2 weeks before the season!” Blah, Blah, Blah

You take your logic and actual information and you stuff it. This all about being a tough guy!

stiletto

Reaction score
I wouldn't have booed Luck if I was a Colts fan but I DO think a lot of rich people, like Troy Aikman and other media people have a hard time seeing it from a fan's perspective. Why did Luck bother coming to training camp? He had to of known he didn't really want to be there. It's a weird situation and I feel sort of bad for Colts fans in this regard. Would've been like Roger Staubach retiring 2 weeks before the 1977 season or something. The Colts were probably going to easily win that division this year with Luck as QB. Like I said, I wouldn't have booed him but I wouldn't give him the pass that all the media-types are either....

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
There is a huge difference. Sanders retired in the offseason. Luck retired 2 weeks before the season started.
As far as timing, yes. But I don’t fault Luck’s decision overall. Aikman knows a helluva a lot more within the walls of the NFL than us needy fans.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
I agree with being able to walk away when you want but seriously
if you are the franchise QB a two week notice is not sufficient.

....he didn’t foresee the injury coming and they didn’t even know what the injury was lol

When was he supposed to notify the team? In March? Before the injury ever occurred?

joseephuss

Reaction score
What Luck did is the difference between telling the girl you want to break off the engagement 5 months before the wedding or the day of the wedding.

Five months ago, Luck didn't know his girl slept with his brother(he didn't have an ankle injury). He only found out recently(sustained the injury) and even then tried to work things out, but couldn't overcome being cheated on(was going to miss a significant amount of games due to ankle injury).