Twitter: Aikman savages Doug Gottlieb on Luck

T-RO

Reaction score
I admire Luck for making a difficult call and being willing to walk away from big money. It's his life.

That said, don't be surprised if he comes out of retirement to play in the future.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
LOL...........JJ Watt? You think THAT guy would quit because of an ankle sprain?

Let his QB quite 2 weeks before the season and see how he feels.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Sorry bud but one's LIFE and well being and esp when you have a Familia is above any Job!
NOPE. Not when you are paid millions and the team is counting on YOU.This gig comes around rarely...he didn't respect it enough to at least give them more notice. Now look.He ...ONE PLAYER...just held the city,fans, TEAM and owner etc...hostage because he made an ill advised late decision to quit.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I admire Luck for making a difficult call and being willing to walk away from big money. It's his life.

That said, don't be surprised if he comes out of retirement to play in the future.

Walking away from big money? The crook pocketed all the money. He actually owes the team.

They already announced they wouldnt go after him for the money.

Ironically, if the she women wasnt set up for life with all his money, would he really be quitting?

This is about as pathetic a retirement as I have EVER seen. Its pathetic actually. The way he did it was pathetic.

You either retire after last season or you stick out THIS season.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Sorry bud but one's LIFE and well being and esp when you have a Familia is above any Job!
got no issue with his decision. I DO take issue with the timing. It was bush league. Troy got triggered and needs to see all sides.

Dre11

Reaction score
I highly doubt Aikman would quit in his 7th year because of an ankle sprain. And I am sure he wouldnt do it two weeks before the season began.

Aikman is better than Luck.
He did quit for an ankle sprain..do you people have brains. He retired from the accumulation of injuries and the many hours of rehabbing. What is wrong with you.

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score
NOPE. Not when you are paid millions and the team is counting on YOU.This gig comes around rarely...he didn't respect it enough to at least give them more notice. Now look.He ...ONE PLAYER...just held the city,fans, TEAM and owner etc...hostage because he made an ill advised late decision to quit.

The situation sucks for the Colts and their fans, but if he didn’t feel like he could give the game the attention and passion it deserves, what’s the difference if he stayed another year?

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Holly what?..................That guy just ruined the team for the next 4 years minimum. All the players that have been busting thier @@@ ready for a SB run just got bent over.

Did you see that loser shaking hands with guys on the sidelines?

"sorry guys, I am retiring..........see ya later"? Like Gomer Pile?

You think the owner and HC were happy? He just screwed everyone.

And the fans? They were a prime time contender!!!!

Dugh, my wife thinks I should retire!!!! LOL

I like how you two are in a circle jerk “liking” each other’s dimwitted posts.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Luck never won anything at the pro level. ZIPPO. pretty funny seeing twitter tributes to a guy that done nothin.

Dre11

Reaction score
Luck got booed out of the stadium and he should have. What kind of pathetic ***** quits 2 weeks before the season begins because of an ankle sprain?

If he wasnt willing to risk an ankle sprain he should have retired in the offseason.

Are you freaking serious, you're a pathetic.

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
Doug makes a valid point. SO DOES TROY

How exactly is Doug's point valid? A person who has had the injury history that Luck has had, it is understandable why he would want to walk away. To disparage him by trying to portray this as some macho guy claim that somehow Luck is weak is laughable. Specifically when you consider the fact that Luck's been hurt for a large part of his career with the Colts. The same organization that drafted him and then failed to provide him the protection any bonehead GM would put around a franchise talent.

Rayman70

Reaction score
He did quit for an ankle sprain..do you people have brains. He retired from the accumulation of injuries and the many hours of rehabbing. What is wrong with you.
He should retire...I take no issue with that. I do take issue with how he did it and when.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
How exactly is Doug's point valid? A person who has had the injury history that Luck has had, it is understandable why he would want to walk away. To disparage him by trying to portray this as some macho guy claim that somehow Luck is weak is laughable. Specifically when you consider the fact that Luck's been hurt for a large part of his career with the Colts. The same organization that drafted him and then failed to provide him the protection any bonehead GM would put around a franchise talent.

Why didnt he walk away in the offseason? Why did he wait until 2 weeks before the season began?

Dre11

Reaction score
Walking away from big money? The crook pocketed all the money. He actually owes the team.

Ironically, if the she women wasnt set up for life with all his money, would he really be quitting?

This is about as pathetic a retirement as I have EVER seen. Its pathetic actually. The way he did it was pathetic.

Money don't mean a crock of sh*** if you can't freaking enjoy it.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

:huh: