Twitter: Aikman savages Doug Gottlieb on Luck

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
He should retire...I take no issue with that. I do take issue with how he did it and when.

He informed the Owner and the team of his decision to retire from the game. The season hasn't started and the coaching staff can be salty as they want. It's his decision, not theirs. Do teams look at player convenience when cutting them? No? Well then this is totally fine as well.

Rayman70

Reaction score
How exactly is Doug's point valid? A person who has had the injury history that Luck has had, it is understandable why he would want to walk away. To disparage him by trying to portray this as some macho guy claim that somehow Luck is weak is laughable. Specifically when you consider the fact that Luck's been hurt for a large part of his career with the Colts. The same organization that drafted him and then failed to provide him the protection any bonehead GM would put around a franchise talent.
because it is. But so is Troy's. My issue is timing of it. Also..Troy needs to find a clue. The rest of the team shouldn't be held hostage due to 1 player making a decision like this. THATS WHAT JUST HAPPENED.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Right, so he's got to continue enduring pain until everyone in the world approves of the time.

Enduring pain? LOL

OUCH!! That hurts..........please stop!!! LOL

How many guys on his team do you think endur pain throughout the year?

If Andrea Duck wasnt willing to "endur pain", then he should have retired in the offseason.

Rayman70

Reaction score
He informed the Owner and the team of his decision to retire from the game. The season hasn't started and the coaching staff can be salty as they want. It's his decision, not theirs. Do teams look at player convenience when cutting them? No? Well then this is totally fine as well.
Back in April would have been better.

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score
Not enough context to say. I would probably ask him to elaborate rather than lecturing him without knowing for sure.

In every day life, sure. Like maybe I misheard or misunderstood the guy eyeing my not-at-all-lame 03 Ford Windstar.

But I have a hard time seeing this as anything but a shot at Luck’s decision to leave the game— and a misleading/dishonest one at that.

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
Enduring pain? LOL

OUCH!! That hurts..........please stop!!! LOL

How many guys on his team do you think endur pain throughout the year?

If Andrea Duck wasnt willing to "endur pain", then he should have retired in the offseason.

Yea, enduring pain or do you think that people who are hurt are in one long drug induced coma until they heal?

Rayman70

Reaction score
Who are we to tell a man when and how to walk away from a meaningless game . You have no idea when he finally came to that decision. It's his health, his life, he can do ad he feel with it.
so he owes nuthin to the team? lol..ok...so now they have no opportunity to fix it. GREAT.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Yea, enduring pain or do you think that people who are hurt are in one long drug induced coma until they heal?

Cmon man...............try to imagine that your franchise QB just quit. Are you telling me you would understand?

Give me a break. Why didnt the pain scared gilligan quit in the offseason if he was so worried about it?

He obviously made a bad decision to play another year and simply couldnt take it anymore. And he screwed EVERYONE in the process.

I have zero respect for someone that quits the way he does. He bailed. No other way to see it.

Rayman70

Reaction score
so if Dak walked away a week before the season, some of you all are cool with that? I bet you wouldn't be defending that decision then...just a hunch.

Sydla

Reaction score
Luck has torn his shoulder, battled lower leg injuries, played with broken ribs, lacerated a kidney (which could be fatal), tore an abdominal muscle and had a concussion.

To suggest he’s being soft here, like some have suggested, ranks up there with some of the dumber comments ever uttered on this board.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Boo freaking hoo, its a freaking game. It's entertainment. Family and quality of life comes first
no prob with that..fine...go be with your family. LISTEN TO WHAT I SAID. A team must have ample time to fix ...fill a slot with a good player. 2 WEEKS ISNT NEAR ENOUGH.

Joe Realist

No Kool-Aid here!
Reaction score
Gottlieb is a nobody. He and his nasally speaking, makes me want to vomit.

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
Cmon man...............try to imagine that your franchise QB just quit. Are you telling me you would understand?

Give me a break. Why didnt the pain scared gilligan quit in the offseason if he was so worried about it?

He obviously made a bad decision to play another year and simply couldnt take it anymore. And he screwed EVERYONE in the process.

I have zero respect for someone that quits the way he does. He bailed. No other way to see it.

Yea I would. Just like I understood that walking away from the game was the right thing to do for Aikman so he could actually have some semblance of a normal life and not be a drooling vegetable. Just like it was good of Romo to hang it up so that he can enjoy actually picking up his kid and not be in a wheelchair. There are more important things in life than football and fans need to remember that players - even franchise QB's are human beings.