Twitter: Aikman savages Doug Gottlieb on Luck

Sydla

Reaction score
so if Dak walked away a week before the season, some of you all are cool with that? I bet you wouldn't be defending that decision then...just a hunch.

If Dak walked away two weeks before the season with the same list of injuries Luck has battled, sure, I’d have zero problems with that.

At some point, a guy has to be able to feel confident he can live his life a certain way after football. I would never begrudge a guy for that thinking.

Rayman70

Reaction score
He owes them absolutely nothing, it's a game
Life comes first.
FINE..WE AGREE LIFE DOES COME FIRST. So the fact the team has no chance in HELL of finding a QB via draft matters to you? If this were Dallas and Dak I think you wouldn't be on your soap box.

Jstopper

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Walking away from big money? The crook pocketed all the money. He actually owes the team.

They already announced they wouldnt go after him for the money.

Ironically, if the she women wasnt set up for life with all his money, would he really be quitting?

This is about as pathetic a retirement as I have EVER seen. Its pathetic actually. The way he did it was pathetic.

You either retire after last season or you stick out THIS season.

You literally are a piece of manure Roy. Your mentality is disgusting

Dre11

Reaction score
no prob with that..fine...go be with your family. LISTEN TO WHAT I SAID. A team must have ample time to fix ...fill a slot with a good player. 2 WEEKS ISNT NEAR ENOUGH.

Who freaking cares. Again, it's freaking entertainment. As I said , who's to the when he came to the decision to walk away.

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
I have zero respect for someone that quits the way he does. He bailed. No other way to see it.

Well somehow I doubt Andrew Luck is going to be losing a lot of sleep over your lack of respect for him. Frankly, the fact that you feel like your opinion on this matter counts for anything and that your respect is some great reward is laughable.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Yea I would. Just like I understood that walking away from the game was the right thing to do for Aikman so he could actually have some semblance of a normal life and not be a drooling vegetable. Just like it was good of Romo to hang it up so that he can enjoy actually picking up his kid and not be in a wheelchair. There are more important things in life than football and fans need to remember that players - even franchise QB's are human beings.

Yah, you are not getting my point at all. I have no problems with retiring. I have problem with retiring 2 weeks before the season. Its not like he blew a knee or broke an arm.

Rayman70

Reaction score
If Dak walked away two weeks before the season with the same list of injuries Luck has battled, sure, I’d have zero problems with that.

At some point, a guy has to be able to feel confident he can live his life a certain way after football. I would never begrudge a guy for that thinking.
lol..ok...I kinda think the oline wasn't very appealing to him..thats why he quit abruptly. Don't blame him...I just think my employer deserves more respect than 2 weeks on a scale like this.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
FINE..WE AGREE LIFE DOES COME FIRST. So the fact the team has no chance in HELL of finding a QB via draft matters to you? If this were Dallas and Dak I think you wouldn't be on your soap box.
Yeah that's crap. Luck has suffered injuries and has fought back to come back. Now initially I thought the timing suck but who cares about timing? Who are we to say how he should retire? He should bow out why he can still walk.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Yah, you are not getting my point at all. I have no problems with retiring. I have problem with retiring 2 weeks before the season. Its not like he blew a knee or broke an arm.
I tried telling him this too. They have ears yet don't listen.

Proof

Reaction score
NOPE. Not when you are paid millions and the team is counting on YOU.This gig comes around rarely...he didn't respect it enough to at least give them more notice. Now look.He ...ONE PLAYER...just held the city,fans, TEAM and owner etc...hostage because he made an ill advised late decision to quit.

You put the moron in... never mind, you got the whole word covered

Dre11

Reaction score

No it doesn't freaking matter. I wouldn't care who it is. They'll figure it out. They played damn near a whole year without him

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score

Oh I get it, you want him to retire based on some arbitrary schedule you have decided. Fact is that no one and I mean no one who isn't named Andrew Luck can answer the mental and physical state that he is in. It's not his job or responsibility to retire when it's convenient for you or someone else.