Aikman was average: regular season - 141 int's to 165 td's

JBond

Reaction score
Aikman won a ring after 1995. Super bowl 30 was played in 1996, or have you forgotten?

Stop trying to trash a hall of fame QB in an attempt to say your guy is soooooo much better. It makes you look foolish, especially if you weren't alive to see those teams play.
Imagine Aikman in today's passing league? That would be fun.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
he was great. The organization was not. Go watch the 98 and 99 playoffs. Aikman was still a great player but the organization had slipped. He had almost no weapons in the passing game.
Oh, I'm sorry. Why don't you give Dak the same excuse?

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
I can't believe people who call themselves football fans don't comprehend how much harder it was to throw the ball back then. Almost a different game, really.

I've been watching some old games from the Parcells and Wade era lately. It was a tougher, more physical, less-QB-friendly game even then. When Troy played it was even more so.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Aikman had 5 great seasons and 5 mediocre to bad. He also had amazing playoff performances and Super Bowl wins.

Not comparable. Your take is bad just like your stance on Martin. Time to hang up your account and start a new one and never make a connection.

MikeB80

Reaction score
I can't believe people who call themselves football fans don't comprehend how much harder it was to throw the ball back then. Almost a different game, really.

I've been watching some old games from the Parcells and Wade era lately. It was a tougher, more physical, less-QB-friendly game even then. When Troy played it was even more so.

back then people used these things called linebackers. Today you almost never see linebackers on anything other than short yardage situations and goal line. The whole game is played in nickel and odd defensive looks with two or less linebackers.

They are not comparable in any way. The nfl is playing big 12 football which is why qb numbers are off the charts around the league.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
They are not comparable in any way. The nfl is playing big 12 football which is why qb numbers are off the charts around the league.
Yep, they're very close to having flags on them. Defenders are constantly having to worry about not hitting them too high, too low, a fraction late, falling on them, etc. And the receivers aren't much different.

People should go back and look at the beating the young Troy took against Reggie White and Jerome Brown and the rest of those Eagles defenses. These days there would be about 500 yards worth of penalties on hits that were perfectly legal back then.

Troy said on the Ticket a couple weeks ago that he asked Matt Ryan how he was feeling in his mid-30s. Ryan said he felt better now than he did his first few years because nobody can hit him anymore.

Not to mention as far as this thread goes, Dak walked into a great team with probably the best OL in the league. Troy had the worst. Dak's numbers also don't include his older, declining years yet.

MikeB80

Reaction score
Yep, they're very close to having flags on them. Defenders are constantly having to worry about not hitting them too high, too low, a fraction late, falling on them, etc. And the receivers aren't much different.

People should go back and look at the beating the young Troy took against Reggie White and Jerome Brown and the rest of those Eagles defenses. These days there would be about 500 yards worth of penalties on hits that were perfectly legal back then.

Troy said on the Ticket a couple weeks ago that he asked Matt Ryan how he was feeling in his mid-30s. Ryan said he felt better now than he did his first few years because nobody can hit him anymore.

Not to mention as far as this thread goes, Dak walked into a great team with probably the best OL in the league. Troy had the worst. Dak's numbers also don't include his older, declining years yet.

just to add to this, the nfc east was amazing when Troy was drafted. Bill Parcells/Bill Belichick, Joe Gibbs/Richie Pettibon and Buddy Ryan in philadelphia. Troy took a beating every week.

If Dak were put on the 89 or 90 teams in this division in the old nfl he would be benched half way through the season. Dak mentally melted in 17 when tyron smith was out and then couldn't function when zeke was suspended. Imagine him facing Belichick/Ryan/Pettibon's defense which featured Lawrence Taylor, Reggie White and Charles mann all the while handing off to Paul Palmer at the old stadiums.

this is the most foolish thread I have ever seen here. also i miss the old days.

stiletto

Reaction score
Aikman didn't have to sling it around like a fool during the glory years because there was a man "in-house" that knew how to build a team. Once that man left, everything was exposed and has been exposed since he left. We are going on 25 years since that happened. We can argue the semantics (it's all we have) until the cows come home but there is and always will be one common denominator. The freakin' Jones family...

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
just to add to this, the nfc east was amazing when Troy was drafted. Bill Parcells/Bill Belichick, Joe Gibbs/Richie Pettibon and Buddy Ryan in philadelphia. Troy took a beating every week.

If Dak were put on the 89 or 90 teams in this division in the old nfl he would be benched half way through the season. Dak mentally melted in 17 when tyron smith was out and then couldn't function when zeke was suspended. Imagine him facing Belichick/Ryan/Pettibon's defense which featured Lawrence Taylor, Reggie White and Charles mann all the while handing off to Paul Palmer at the old stadiums.

this is the most foolish thread I have ever seen here. also i miss the old days.
The only one mentally melted is you.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Because Dak can not make the same throws. Deep down, you know this to be true.
Oh, really? Is that why Dak has led the league in tight window throws TWICE in the past 4 years? Also, what do you call this (Dak's last full season playing)???

Screenshot-20200519-212940-Opera.jpg

Deep down, you know you are wrong. Dead wrong.

PS: Show me Troy's best passing season stats, and let's compare apples to apples. I'll wait...

:popcorn:

Last edited:

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
I am not Albert Einstein by any means but I do know his rookie year is year number 1 and that is his first of 5 years. Unless they have changed something since I have been out of college since 87.
I'm not even going to try to explain. Not worth my time. I already semi-explained to another poster.