AJ Brown hating on Ceedee

75boyz

Reaction score
Um where is the disrespect? He is saying that slot WR and outside WR are two different positions that should not be compared. I am not seeing him saying that one is a better position than the other or that he does not respect one. He just does not think they are the same position and should therefore not be compared as such. That seems like a perfectly reasonable take. I am not sure I agree with it but it is a reasonable take.
Let me attempt to lower myself to the neanderthal mindset here and say how dare you respond with any type of objective logic for this my dear friend is a Cowboys board...

And the infamous follow up-How do those insults go...scratching my head.

I think it goes something like Go and root for them then, you're not a true fan or we have enough posts on the Eagles already.

Or something like that.
But anyway, good post man.

mcmvp

Reaction score
Brown is your typical egotistical, diva type WR. He's got a big mouth and loves sharing his thoughts.

He also sounds kinda stupid at times.
Can't say I disagree. He's the Eagles version of Parsons...great player but doesn't know when to keep him mouth closed

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Don’t see where Brown was hating on him but misinterpreting a post is a common theme amongst fans on this board. He said to compare CeeDee to Cooper Kupp, who is better than him.

Sydla

Reaction score
Um where is the disrespect? He is saying that slot WR and outside WR are two different positions that should not be compared. I am not seeing him saying that one is a better position than the other or that he does not respect one. He just does not think they are the same position and should therefore not be compared as such. That seems like a perfectly reasonable take. I am not sure I agree with it but it is a reasonable take.
He basically says CeeDee is only a slot guy and that he's a guy that can play inside or outside. There is an implication there because he thinks he plays both (which he really doesn't), that comparing strictly a slot WR to him is beneath him.

Part of it is that being only a slot guy is looked upon as someone who is somewhat limited and not good enough to play outside. You see fans say it all the time when evaluating WRs. It's almost like saying a DT is only a two down DT, or a TB is only a short yardage guy. When you say a guy is just a slot guy, often times there is an implication that he plays the slot because he's not equipped/good enough to play outside.

The fact Brown deleted the tweet is kind of telling as to why his intention was initially IMO.

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
Scine when does Ceedee play slot exclusively?
I think that is what AJ is saying. How is that "hating"?

A slot WR is a different position than an outside guy. No worse or better, just different position. Tight End is a different position.

Justin Jefferson does a lot of his damage in the slot. I'm sure AJ would say not to co.pare him to Justin Jefferson too.

People are so eager to make something bulletin board material. Stop being little girls. That's not "hating"....it's just understanding the differences in football positions

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
being compared to kupp as opposed to AJ is a compliment. Kupp is way better than AJ
I'm sure AJ thinks CeeDee and Kupp are great players. I'm sure he thinks Travis Kelce and Dallas Goedert are great players. But they all play different positions than he does.

If you are an accountant at ur company...would you want to be compared to the human resource worker down the hall, even if they were a great HR person?

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
Not hate but definitely uppityness. He should have just taken the compliment and shut up.
No one will ever accuse 24 year old superstar diva nfl wide receivers of having the most wisdom in the world.

AJ certainly not on the same level as Micah the Weirdo Parsons, but all of those dudes should just stay the hail away from Twitter.

That said, maybe the NFL encourages them to be active on social media, to keep fans worked up year round.