Albert Breer on Dak's contract situation

sunalsorises

Reaction score
Dallas can't tag Prescott. It's in his contract. Wasting time figuring out what it would cost is like spending time wondering what the team would look like with an outside GM running things. It isn't happening.
Not only that but Dallas already tagged him twice and I think that is the limit for any player.

Chasing6

Reaction score
I'm not sure who you are talking about. Most fan polls show the majority want Dak gone. I'm not sure what fan polls are showing people like MM or the Jones family? They are universally hated except for their family and friends.
Who is buying all of the Dak jerseys year after year?

Chasing6

Reaction score
He’s gonna get 3 years 180 million or something ridiculous.
Needs to be longer to spread out the $40M owed next year. 5 years $275M, $200M guaranteed.

Basically $50M a year for 4 years and can cut or trade him in year 5.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
as the Dallas Cowboys come closer to the reality of putting Prescott out there in a contract year, and Prescott confronts the injury risk that accompanies that, and the uncertainty of what might lie ahead in 2025.
The problem of putting Dak out there in a contract year is all Dak's.

Dak's contract for this year has him getting a 30mil salary still to come.
Dak's salary for this year on the open market would be 50mil+.

20+mil extra value that the Cowboys own that another team may want. If they're done with Dak and don't want that value, they can let Dak in on some of that value in a trade, and it's a win-win. Both sides cash out some of that 20mil+. That's lots of value to spread around and make a deal that both sides can be happy with.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
Needs to be longer to spread out the $40M owed next year. 5 years $275M, $200M guaranteed.

Basically $50M a year for 4 years and can cut or trade him in year 5.
If that's the case, you'd need to have a word with Dak. I'd imagine your proposal is closer to Jerry's than Dak's position (both money and years)

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
The problem of putting Dak out there in a contract year is all Dak's.

Dak's contract for this year has him getting a 30mil salary still to come.
Dak's salary for this year on the open market would be 50mil+.

20+mil extra value that the Cowboys own that another team may want. If they're done with Dak and don't want that value, they can let Dak in on some of that value in a trade, and it's a win-win. Both sides cash out some of that 20mil+. That's lots of value to spread around and make a deal that both sides can be happy with.
Which specific team meets this dance partner scenario? There's a lot of moving parts to a Dak trade.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
Extend that man and let's roll! I don't care what all these middle aged scouts in here say.
What about all the youngsters who say Dak and the Cowboys suck? Cause they've never known either to be truly competitive.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
You know you have a weak argument when you have to add an insult about those you disagree. How about you learn to debate without being disrespectful.
What insult? Those who say move on are right. He's just admitting he's young & wrong.

Creeper

Reaction score
Doesn't Dak have a no tag clause in his current contract? They can't tag him regardless of what the number is.

To me, it is all about the length of the deal. If he wants 4 years or less, I say goodbye. But I would give him around $55 million for 6 years. At least that gives me some room to make his contract work with CeeDee and Parsons, although I think they may need to cut one player loose. In 5 years $55 million will look pretty cheap and Dak will be 36. The thing is though, my offer of $55 for 6 years will not be enough for Dak. He is going to want $60 million at least. No way I do that.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
Our cap is under water.

Someone's gotta get cut before Week 1.

We are under the cap with everyone signed, my guy. I know you want Dak gone as do many of us, but he’s not getting cut this year, and they will give him the opportunity to show he’s worth the extension. That’s just the way it is.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
Huh? According to Over the Cap and Spotrac, the Cowboys have between $1,925,926 and $3,862,672 for their Top 51 players...and, they add $9.5M on June 1 because they cut Gallup.

He’s not realizing this, he’s just hopeful Dak gets cut, but it’s not happening as much as a lot of would like to move on from him he’s going to be given the opportunity to earn that extension this year.