Aldon Smith - would you trade him?

Verdict

Reaction score
If we lose the next two games, would you trade him to a contender before the November 3rd deadline?

Isn't that what a smart organization would do?

We're not resigning him.
Hmm. Depends on what we get for him. He may net a 3rd round comp pick.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
If we lose the next two games, would you trade him to a contender before the November 3rd deadline?

We're not resigning him.

Why would you wait two games?

Reactions: CWR

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Wow yet another user who thinks trading a player that has played pretty good is the cure to fix this team. Why not just announce to the league to make offers for any player on the roster. No offer will be to small, no offer will get turned down.

Great idea actually.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
not a point, stupid point Zeke is still performing when used , they went to pass oriented offense and been playing from behind, Gurley got cut because he couldn't stay healthy, same with Fournette, and Johnson..Barkey may miss his payday with injury concerns..

difference is zekes never hurt and performs very well for what he been handed io this season with the Ol and playing an entirely pas happy offense plays from behind every game..dudes been playing over 80% of the offensive snaps being a Blocker, used like FB, and in pass plays, dude never seems to leave the field.. they are over using him IMO because of the situations and not in an efficient run game

poor example..its not the same

I completely agree with you.............when used..........Zeke performs fumbles.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Oh my.

He has played ok but has next to zero trade value.

Also....when in the WORLD have you seen Jerry trade players for picks??

He think we will contend next year and we need him here. The absolute atrociousness of this division is the worst thing to happen to this organization.

Well, second worst (if you count the two morons as one).

RamziD

Reaction score
specifically in that exact scenario it is. there's zero reason to decide now between Amari and Gallup, if that's a decision that will be made. Amari's contract is much more flexible (and tradeable) after next year, and Gallup isn't due to be extended until then. We'll have a better idea of the post-covid cap/market and go from there.

It depends how much a team covets a WR now for a playoff run. If someone wants to give up a 2nd I’d be all over that trade.

CWR

Reaction score

We're not resigning him.

At this point I'm looking to move any assets that aren't part of our future.

CWR

Reaction score
Wow yet another user who thinks trading a player that has played pretty good is the cure to fix this team. Why not just announce to the league to make offers for any player on the roster. No offer will be to small, no offer will get turned down.

You're total right, we should definitely keep the guy on an expiring contract so that we can make this superbowl run. Nice forward thinking.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
They should be talking about trading everyone possible. That doesn't mean trade him for nothing just see what is available and pull the trigger if the deal is right.

CWR

Reaction score
specifically in that exact scenario it is. there's zero reason to decide now between Amari and Gallup, if that's a decision that will be made. Amari's contract is much more flexible (and tradeable) after next year, and Gallup isn't due to be extended until then. We'll have a better idea of the post-covid cap/market and go from there.

At what point do you move Gallup? I hear what your saying but obviously we have to move him before he becomes a FA. So you're thinking mid season before the trade deadline?

I could see waiting until we have an idea of the cap and then exactly what Gallups demands are. At that point if he's a considerable savings from Coop then we can move Coop and keep Gallup.

I hate to lose any of our wrs, but I cant imagine putting more resources into the position when we have more pressing needs.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
You're total right, we should definitely keep the guy on an expiring contract so that we can make this superbowl run. Nice forward thinking.

Here's a news flash for you, teams don't give up much for a player that will be a free agent at the end of the season. He's not going to get a franchise tag so there's a reasonable chance that he walks to another team so they would have given up something to rent that player. So is that 6th or 7th round pick going to really help this team that much. Here's a thought for you. Smith make just agree accept a very team friendly contract with the Cowboys as a way of saying thanks for taking a chance on him. But you seem to think a low draft pick would be better.

CWR

Reaction score
Here's a news flash for you, teams don't give up much for a player that will be a free agent at the end of the season. He's not going to get a franchise tag so there's a reasonable chance that he walks to another team so they would have given up something to rent that player. So is that 6th or 7th round pick going to really help this team that much. Here's a thought for you. Smith make just agree accept a very team friendly contract with the Cowboys as a way of saying thanks for taking a chance on him. But you seem to think a low draft pick would be better.

Yeah like all the other FAs we put on one year prove it deals. They are always so greatful they give us huge bargains. Robert Quinn practically paid us to stay. You take the comp pick if the offer isn't desirable. Or we could go with your plan, and just sit here with our thumb up our butt dreaming of this magical home town discount you think we're getting lol.

kskboys

Reaction score
Actually, it wouldn’t be short sighted at all. Not if the plan is to extend Gallup and have him and Lamb as your top WRs (and Wilson as your #3)
Yeah, not trading him would be short sighted.

How in the world do people get mixed up like this?

Proof

Reaction score
Yeah, not trading him would be short sighted.

How in the world do people get mixed up like this?

I explained at length. Amari is the better player, would cost us money to move, there’s no telling yet what Gallup will cost, and there’s still time next year. Glad I could clear it up for you

kskboys

Reaction score
I explained at length. Amari is the better player, would cost us money to move, there’s no telling yet what Gallup will cost, and there’s still time next year. Glad I could clear it up for you
What you cleared up is that you don't know the definition of short sighted!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Proof

Reaction score
What you cleared up is that you don't know the definition of short sighted!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I feel like you literally never know what you’re talking about. Fairly impressive

kskboys

Reaction score
I feel like you literally never know what you’re talking about. Fairly impressive
It is not shocking at all that you have trouble understanding simple concepts!!!! Since you always turn to cheap insults when you know you've lost, awesome stuff!!!!

quickccc

Reaction score
Aldon Smith has been dealing with a neck injury which probably explains his ineffectiveness last few games .... let him rest a few games and let
Gregory and rookie Bradlee Anae take his place ...

but knowing this coaching staff we could more see a ghast more Dorace Armstrong instead ... ole school coaches !