All I want for Christmas is an Elite QB

Keithfansince5

Reaction score
I'm not very high on anyone on offense. I think Gallup at least tried vs Philly.
Our elite RB took himself out of a game we needed to win to lock the division. I don't care he got hit hard, Terrell Davis had a migraine that made him blind and he STILL stayed in as a decoy.
Do you think Irvin would jog off the field with the game on the line? The last play of the game?
The O line is overrated.
But this is how the new generation thinks. In today's world, self preservation is numero uno. If some of these guys were forced to watch games from the 70's-early 90's they would be shocked to see how many plays players played consecutively without being taken out, or how they played while being hurt etc. They have been over coddled from their youth and they do not understand anything else.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
But this is how the new generation thinks. In today's world, self preservation is numero uno. If some of these guys were forced to watch games from the 70's-early 90's they would be shocked to see how many plays players played consecutively without being taken out, or how they played while being hurt etc. They have been over coddled from their youth and they do not understand anything else.
And what’s changed from previous era is with salary cap there’s not much depth or anyone sitting on the bench who’s waiting for an opportunity to show they can play and beat them out.

aikemirv

Reaction score
We have one of the best OL, best RB’s and WR’s. All we need is a QB to match their talent level.

It’s very difficult winning in this league without an Elite QB. And when I say winning I mean against the better teams including in the playoffs.

I just don’t see how we could have built a better supporting cast around him.

The Rookie contract is over. I’d love to keep him as our backup. We finally found one we can win some games with but not any championships.

Merry Christmas
Well, from what I have seen Herbert is falling to our draft area code. Once thought to be a number 1 pick guy.

Blackrain

Reaction score
We have enough Football IQ not to buy a defective product called Dak Prescott as a Franchise QB.....

Take your 3rd world football IQ , all your BS posts and follow a team that used a top 5 pick on a QB then you will have some legitimate complaints

Reactions: Ken

sean10mm

Reaction score
Everyone complains about this era of football, and yet the Patriots have zero problems getting people to buy in and commit to the team. Bill Belichick is an extremely old-fashioned cranky old football coach in how he handles people, yet somehow it works on modern 22 year olds while the Cowboys country club approach doesn't.

It's almost like the problem isn't "kids these days" but "Cowboys coaches these days."

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
and I'm Perfectly fine with that.................but the Cowboys shouldn't pay Astronomical money for a player that needs to throw out of the pocket and have mad separation.
Oh yeah, no way, let him test the market if he won't settle

Rayman70

Reaction score
dunno bout elite, but we DO have a good one. Just saying. He is the very least of our issues.

blueblood70

Reaction score
We have one of the best OL, best RB’s and WR’s. All we need is a QB to match their talent level.

It’s very difficult winning in this league without an Elite QB. And when I say winning I mean against the better teams including in the playoffs.

I just don’t see how we could have built a better supporting cast around him.

The Rookie contract is over. I’d love to keep him as our backup. We finally found one we can win some games with but not any championships.

Merry Christmas
Get in line, 28 other teams are looking for the same..

dial 1-800- eliteQB hotline?

how about you get a better staff and better supporting cast for a good QB..thats what most teams do..counting on finding a generational qb on purpose is higher odds then curing cancer..

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Eli Manning, Jeff Hostetler, Brad Johnson, Doug Williams, Joe Flacco, Mark Rypien, Jim McMahon, Trent Dilfer and a Peyton Manning who couldn't throw the ball farther than 29 yds all won super bowls. Dak Prescott is more than enough to win big time games with.
Interesting because all of those quarterbacks with the exception of Doug Williams had strong to elite defenses. Who COULDN'T win a Super Bowl with an elite defense?

jnday

Reaction score
You , Pappy and the others , Yep The Devils Rejects have it all figured out . LOL what a hoot All 5 of you dont have enough football IQ to put air in the ball
So you are embracing Jerry’s view that Dak is an elite QB? You are aligning yourself with the worst GM in the league and you are questioning my football IQ?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Get in line, 28 other teams are looking for the same..

dial 1-800- eliteQB hotline?

how about you get a better staff and better supporting cast for a good QB..thats what most teams do..counting on finding a generational qb on purpose is higher odds then curing cancer..
Didn’t say it would be easy.

We are a talent dependent franchise since Elite coaching isn’t a high priority for Jerry.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Build a dominant defense first. Then worry about the QB.
so holding a team to 10 points for nearly 3 quarters on the road in big game wasn't good enough?17 total and only needed one great drive to win for nearly 20mins where it remained only 8points?

how about in the 2nd half having wide open WRs all over the filed with time to throw but having a Qb who couldn't hit them if they were standing right in front of him.. ughh,, Dak lost the philly game..

jnday

Reaction score
Take your 3rd world football IQ , all your BS posts and follow a team that used a top 5 pick on a QB then you will have some legitimate complaints
Just stop with the draft position BS. The moment that a player takes the field, their draft position doesn’t matter anymore. It looks like you think Dallas should settle for poor QB play because they drafted Dak in the 4th round. It is an embarrassment that Jerry has refused to use top picks to get the best talent at the most important position on the team, QB.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
He is a high IQ head coach that loses to other team’s backups.

The dude lost to the Eagle’s practice squad, he has to go.
It certainly appeared to me we lost to the better QB and defense.

Teams with championship mentality rise up to the moment.

Don’t worry. He’s gone much to Jerry’s dismay which should tell us everything we need to know about Jerry’s agenda and priorities. Lol

You can begin bashing the new Puppet soon.

Last edited: