All or nothing: Dez sideline "rant"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
just when dez said he was going to try to be focused this year.. and getting a route guru... boy did we miss the boat.. he was going to actually try to play this year... *wipes tears from face*

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
I just heard some of the audio from the Washington game on the radio.

Dez was holding up 2 fingers yelling out how they ran cover 1 twice.

Cut to the Fox announcer showing Dez looking angry, holding up 2 fingers, and the announcer says he's upset about only getting thrown to twice.

The false narrative that was put out there about this guy and pushed by the guys calling these games is disgusting and a lot of you bought it.

I can't find the audio of that specific incident but here is a link to some of the audio of Garrett, JErry, ect..

http://podcast.radio.com/audio/ben-skin/

It's funny that in all these years, announcers still haven't gotten the hint.

Literally every time they say Dez is having a meltdown and berating the team, it comes out that he wasn't.

They don't let that stop them though.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
just when dez said he was going to try to be focused this year.. and getting a route guru... boy did we miss the boat.. he was going to actually try to play this year... *wipes tears from face*

Remember, he said he was in the best shape of his life entering 2014. He knew it was time to get paid. Headed into 2015 after threatening to sit out, he hurt his hammy and hasn't been the same since. I read it's all the QBs fault though.

DenCWBY

Reaction score
But watch the Seattle game.
That game was my breaking point. Outright self indulgence and his mistakes that contributed to that loss. He's a great talent but selfishness took him down.

Mr Cowboy

Reaction score
That poor horse is struggling to get up!!! LOL
the horse will never get up, a new beating comes with each new day!

I can hardly wait til he signs with a new team, this board will thin out as his cult following, follows him to his new team!

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
That game was my breaking point. Outright self indulgence and his mistakes that contributed to that loss. He's a great talent but selfishness took him down.
The Dezbians have nothing to say about that cluster game.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Because it happens. A player had a bad game and got angry.. Dez isn’t the pioneer of that.

I watch Brady do it every other drive.
Lol, yeah right. They're not even close.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score

Is that Ton Brady or Terrell Owens?

Stupid the double standard we have for some players.

Like I said, that's not even close and you are conveniently eliminating the play on the field and simply saying he was "angry on the sideline."

So it's not even the 2nd quarter of the game and Dez is pouting like a school girl who got her puppy kicked. Kneeling on the sideline shaking his head. Demanding the ball, pissing and moaning to players and coaches on National TV.
Oh yeah, and we were winning the game! How quickly momentum changes.
They finally give the man what he wants and he drops a pass off his hands as it tips up for an INT. Then, he actually catches one but holds it like an idiot and fumbles, resulting in more points.
Don't give me "it happens." That's no excuse.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Like I said, that's not even close and you are conveniently eliminating the play on the field and simply saying he was "angry on the sideline."

So it's not even the 2nd quarter of the game and Dez is pouting like a school girl who got her puppy kicked. Kneeling on the sideline shaking his head. Demanding the ball, pissing and moaning to players and coaches on National TV.
They finally give the man what he wants and he drops a pass off his hands as it tips up for an INT. Then, he actually catches one but holds it like an idiot and fumbles, resulting in more points.

He had a bad game! So what!

OH my gosh Dez got angry and dropped a ball. That was the last straw for me. Get rid of one of the best WR's in our franchises history because of that.

Get rid of him.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

Link of him pissing an moaning?

phildadon86

Reaction score
So you're justifying the way Dez acted during his meltdown? If there's time to play you act like a professional and work until the end. You don't buckle and act like a 5 year old.
The time left wasn't the point. It's very typical for some fans to ignore things to defend their beloved.
I agree, its like how some fans here ignore 2016 and consider Dak a failure already lol

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
He had a bad game! So what!

OH my gosh Dez got angry and dropped a ball. That was the last straw for me. Get rid of one of the best WR's in our franchises history because of that.

Get rid of him.

Well that was my whole point. It gets glossed over by those who defend Dez. Case and point.

I think things have been forgiving in the past because he was productive, but it's kind of unrealistic to suggest it's in the same wheel house as an elite WR currently.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
I agree, its like how some fans here ignore 2016 and consider Dak a failure already lol
I honestly think 2016 wasn't as great as some suggest and 2017 wasn't as bad. Very close. More attempts, INTs and lower percentage. Everything else was pretty close.

Lutonio

Reaction score
Don't try to sell me on Dez being mad during the Seattle game about offensive ineptitude. The very first thing he did after that was fumble because he was carrying the ball like a loaf of bread.

Why has "narrative" become a buzz word? There's no narrative. Your narrative is that Dez has an unfair narrative.

I'm not saying he always ranted up and down the sidelines or was a locker room distraction. But even if he did, teams are willing to deal with that when you produce. He was cut because he was overpaid and underperforming. It's not one bad game but 3 or 4 bad seasons.

And maybe that is a distraction. Oh, you're pissed because the team is blowing scoring chances? Then why don't you catch a damn pass thrown at your numbers instead of bouncing it to a defender? Secure the ball when you carry it--Football 101. Heck, maybe the team actually was sick and distracted by his attitude if he's getting so animated but keeps doing those kinds of things.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
I just heard some of the audio from the Washington game on the radio.

Dez was holding up 2 fingers yelling out how they ran cover 1 twice.

Cut to the Fox announcer showing Dez looking angry, holding up 2 fingers, and the announcer says he's upset about only getting thrown to twice.

The false narrative that was put out there about this guy and pushed by the guys calling these games is disgusting and a lot of you bought it.

I can't find the audio of that specific incident but here is a link to some of the audio of Garrett, JErry, ect..

http://podcast.radio.com/audio/ben-skin/
Ultimately there have been a dozen of these examples where the media "THOUGHT" they had it nailed and were completely wrong.
Dez is a demonstrative guy. He's loud and scowls. But that applies to basically every Italian dude I ever met too.
They may be describing a delicious sauce.

If the offense isn't clicking I expect guys to be worked up and expecting better.
Again this Dallas front office and staff made the decision 12 months ago to go back at it with the EXACT WR corps in 2017 they had in 2016 and for some time before that.
Dez didn't start scowling in 2017....

At some point everyone is gone. Some stay too long, some go too soon but they all go.
As the Receiving production fell off badly Dez was the logical guy to go as the one who makes by far the most money.

Now he's gone.
These guys can cry about something else when the team comes up short.

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
I was told to "wake up" and that Dez has had multiple very "obvious" "melt downs."

It's always silly.

Status
Not open for further replies.