Video: All the pieces are in place for a Cowboys SB except for one

yimyammer

Reaction score
Jerry has locked up or is about to lock up all the talent for a SB. Yet he's turning it over to a lame-duck HC. Makes no sense!

That's why you bring in a first year OC who's mastered their craft by being a QB coach for a year. No doubt this will help compensate for the HC's deficiencies, nothing slips by the GM of the Cowboys, he's always innovating.

TheSkaven

Last Man Standing
Reaction score
People say Dak is a game manager. I say that Jason Garrett is the game manager. He is good at what he does - he's an inspirational leader who the players follow and he's a delegator. Those are the things you want from any CEO.

So if you want to talk about coaching, talk about Kellen Moore calling the offense and Marinelli and Richard calling the defense. We saw what happened last year to the defense once Richard joined. I expect the same impact on the offense from Kellen Moore.

Yeah, as a coach, Garrett is probably in the bottom third of the league. But, because he's a delegator, this comes down to his offensive and defensive coordinators. And I feel really good about those.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
When the boxing personalities come out against you, you know it’s time to duck. Just kidding. Let’s just hope this great team we magically put together somehow finds a way to get it done despite the coaching that’s clearly not had anything to do with our success. I’ve got a good feeling about this Moore kid we all hated so much just last year but who we now believe is out savior as a second year coach.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Moore will have a big impact. But...........

If Garrett can't get the job done this year, Riley will be here soon after.

I agree about this being JG's last chance but I'll believe Riley is the savior when I see it. He took over a program that already had a solid recruiting foundation, history, and routinely has the most talented roster in the Big XII (sorry, Horns fans). The NFL is a different animal.

Some college coaches successfully make the transition (Jimmy), others fail and go back to college (Saban).

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
Jerry has locked up or is about to lock up all the talent for a SB. Yet he's turning it over to a lame-duck HC. Makes no sense!

Jerry probably feels they will win in spite of bad coaching. It happened once with Switzer. The big problem he's ignoring is that he doesn't have the HOF QB he had with Aikman.

Brax

Reaction score

you forget Jerry has to be able to say see I was right this my team, I built it, I made all the decisions, I was right, I was right, I am a great football mind and there in lies the problem. 23 years and counting and don't hold your breath this year either. remember the fish stinks from the head first.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It's great to see the TV guys catching up with what many of have known for years.

The Cowboys are loaded with talented players, and the 'execute' rhetoric is just a bunch of bull and excuses made for inadequate coaching.

This coaching staff has always been player reliant and the TV people have my permission to borrow that term. They are a staff that relies on having superior talent in order to overcome their own inadequacies in scheme and coaching. The players are required to overcome a disadvantage in X's and O's.

But my faith this year comes from two coaches - Kris Richard and Kellen Moore. I think that both will be an improvement over the low bar set by their predecessors Marinelli and Linehan. The players won't be at so much of a disadvantage this year, and their talent and ability will be put to better use and they will have more opportunity to shine and to show just how good they truly are.

exciter

Reaction score

No worries... Garrett will be extended by week 6!

aria

Reaction score
Some people forget that there’s 31 other teams in the league. We have a decent roster for the first time in decades and there’s all this SB chatter? Other teams have been saying the same things and have had legitimate reasoning every year. How about the Cowboys actually win something meaningful for once.

Outlaw Heroes

Reaction score
I was just thinking: you know what this place could really use? Another thread claiming we have everything we need to win a SB except the right HC.

The idea doesn’t become any less tired and unoriginal by being posted in a new thread, people.