Video: All the pieces are in place for a Cowboys SB except for one

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I really don't remember any hate towards Moore.

There was a lot of it. Both for him as a backup QB taking up a roster spot, and then for him being made a position coach off the bat because he hadn't 'earned it' and got the job just by being Linehan's protege.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don’t have much feeling either way about him. Without any prior history as OC really tough to gauge. Seems like most are just hoping to hope assuming it’s going to be better than Linehan.

I think that's exactly what's going on. He'll probably be a pretty good play caller. Who really knows? But it's funny to see him getting billing as a savior based on very little.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
I was just thinking: you know what this place could really use? Another thread claiming we have everything we need to win a SB except the right HC.

The idea doesn’t become any less tired and unoriginal by being posted in a new thread, people.
Damn right bro,, my head hurts so bad, and I keep telling myself time after time,,, just don't click on it, just don't click on that thread,, again and again angina and again.. dangity dang.

Cowfan75

Reaction score
I still don't understand fans talking like it's fact that Moore has upgraded the offense. Maybe he will, but there is no proof of that yet. We hear the same "wrinkle" talk year after year. And until he succeeds, he's still the same Moore who has failed at everything in his NFL career.

Fire407

Reaction score
I've got a feeling that Riley will be the HC next year. Even if the team overcomes the coaching this year and goes deep into the playoffs, Jerry will probably promote Garrett to some FO position to get him off the sideline.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
I still don't understand fans talking like it's fact that Moore has upgraded the offense. Maybe he will, but there is no proof of that yet. We hear the same "wrinkle" talk year after year. And until he succeeds, he's still the same Moore who has failed at everything in his NFL career.
But you gotta throw that dart, you gotta keep trying to hit that bullseye.
Im a betting man, so Im more inclined to hang a little risk factor out there if the end result turns into a positive.
Im good with throwing Moore into the equation,, maybe we drill a bad hole, or maybe we strike oil.
and on a side note,, just what do you mean by Moore has failed at everything in his NFL career?

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
We have a good enough team to have an opportunity to lose to New England in the SB

Cowfan75

Reaction score
But you gotta throw that dart, you gotta keep trying to hit that bullseye.
Im a betting man, so Im more inclined to hang a little risk factor out there if the end result turns into a positive.
Im good with throwing Moore into the equation,, maybe we drill a bad hole, or maybe we strike oil.
and on a side note,, just what do you mean by Moore has failed at everything in his NFL career?

I mean he's failed at everything in his NFL career. He was a terrible QB, and he failed to help Dak correct his weaknesses. I've heard he's allegedly a genius and a great guy. Sounds familiar.

GMO415

Reaction score
I've got a feeling that Riley will be the HC next year. Even if the team overcomes the coaching this year and goes deep into the playoffs, Jerry will probably promote Garrett to some FO position to get him off the sideline.
JG is getting $5 Mill a season. Imagine Riley's.....$8 Mill?

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
That's why you bring in a first year OC who's mastered their craft by being a QB coach for a year. No doubt this will help compensate for the HC's deficiencies, nothing slips by the GM of the Cowboys, he's always innovating.

Moore is an upgrade over Linehan at OC.
Kitna is an upgrade over Moore at QB coach.

It's fair to doubt Moore, but I've liked everything I've heard about Moore's offensive philosophy

yimyammer

Reaction score
Moore is an upgrade over Linehan at OC.
Kitna is an upgrade over Moore at QB coach.

It's fair to doubt Moore, but I've liked everything I've heard about Moore's offensive philosophy

too soon to tell on the former (imo), agree on the latter

I'm rooting for the kid but growing pains are to be expected

JBond

Reaction score
Jerry has locked up or is about to lock up all the talent for a SB. Yet he's turning it over to a lame-duck HC. Makes no sense!

JG is going nowhere. The pictures o sheep etc.

Blake

Reaction score
Damn right bro,, my head hurts so bad, and I keep telling myself time after time,,, just don't click on it, just don't click on that thread,, again and again angina and again.. dangity dang.

I've been avoiding this thread. But then the other threads became stale and boring, and here I am.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
They dont need no HC! They have "King Elliot" He is the best, so no worries, just feed him.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
What I AM wondering is will the giants and cowboys play better than the bears and GB did??
That game was awful, like watching a PS game and Al and Chris have to make it seem like a real game.