Video: All the pieces are in place for a Cowboys SB except for one

shabazz

Reaction score
C_GdbX3VYAEXoMA.jpg

https://encrypted-tbn0.***NOT-ALLOWED***/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTPiDChMNwiOzZ5i4T4dou8WbD7KeTKoRKZzVnr1hWvpWKvwDBh

Dak_Prescott_III_630_354_80_s_c1.jpg

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Jerry has locked up or is about to lock up all the talent for a SB. Yet he's turning it over to a lame-duck HC. Makes no sense!

Maybe, just maybe, he doesn't want to leave JG any good excuses? :muttley:

Either that, or he wants to have some good excuses to retain him . . .:omg:

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Jerry has locked up or is about to lock up all the talent for a SB. Yet he's turning it over to a lame-duck HC. Makes no sense!

It makes perfect sense when you have an owner who wants more credit for building a championship team than the HC.

Remember Jerry tried winning championships with a legit HC and didn’t like it.

Cowboys22

Reaction score
There’s a reason Garrett has not been extended. They have a plan you can be sure of that. I heard on the radio a few day ago that a Cowboys front office source said it’s NFC Champioship this year or Garrett is gone. I believe Jerry wanted Garrett to be a 20 year coach but expected more consistency and results by now. That’s why he has held onto him for so long but he is finally realizing that Garrett just can’t compete with the top guys so it’s time to go get one. That’s what I hope anyway.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
While we have as talented team as we’ve had since Parcells left us, not many teams are winning a Super Bowl without an Elite QB or defense.

We aren’t even picked to win our own division but we have fans placing reaching championship game as ultimatum . Lol

Who thought we were better than any of the final 4 teams last year?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
There’s a reason Garrett has not been extended. They have a plan you can be sure of that. I heard on the radio a few day ago that a Cowboys front office source said it’s NFC Champioship this year or Garrett is gone. I believe Jerry wanted Garrett to be a 20 year coach but expected more consistency and results by now. That’s why he has held onto him for so long but he is finally realizing that Garrett just can’t compete with the top guys so it’s time to go get one. That’s what I hope anyway.
I think we all hope that Jerry will finally bring in a legit HC. But I think it’s doubtful Jerry is ready to let someone come in and receive more credit than him.

Remember Jerry tried winning championships with a legit HC but didn’t like it. It’s why we’ve had puppets ever since except when we needed resurrecting to build a new stadium,

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I was just thinking: you know what this place could really use? Another thread claiming we have everything we need to win a SB except the right HC.

The idea doesn’t become any less tired and unoriginal by being posted in a new thread, people.
The logic is applicable for any topic but do you wonder what would happen if any retread thread authors actually stopped for once and considered what you have pointed out?

giphy.gif

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
This thread ( video, not poster ) makes no sense at all. Garrett being lame-duck will have little or no impact this team ability contend for a Super Bowl over the next few years. Think it's a coincidence they signing all new contract for 5 or more years? I'm guessing not coz its part of their plan IF they have to go out and get a new coach next season. Think about, this team is now stack and secure, which of course makes it pretty damn attractive. I'm guessing they'll have long list of candidates who can't wait the get their hands on this team.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

:hammer:

No need to hope, that's where we're at. You're right about the picture Jerry had in his head when he hired him - and Garrett checks off many of the requirements of the job. But those where he's lacking have become clear. So clear that even Jerry cannot ignore them any longer. And you're also right about what the expectations are at this point, take this team to the Championship Game or we're going to find someone who can.

Cowboys22

Reaction score
I think we all hope that Jerry will finally bring in a legit HC. But I think it’s doubtful Jerry is ready to let someone come in and receive more credit than him.

Remember Jerry tried winning championships with a legit HC but didn’t like it. It’s why we’ve had puppets ever since except when we needed resurrecting to build a new stadium,

I get that but I also see the team doing things differently these days as well. There will come a day when Jerry realizes his time to win again is short and he needs a head coach that can deliver. That day may already be here or may come with another disappointment this year. He has a top notch roster and a head coach with no contract. This may be his last best chance at another Super Bowl and I think he may be smart enough to now realize the head coach is the most important piece to get over the last hurdle. I said I think they have a plan in place and I believe it involves offering Garrett a front office position instead of firing him. He is family and that would soften the blow for them. Garrett has a place in the NFL, it’s just not being in charge on the sidelines.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This thread ( video, not poster ) makes no sense at all. Garrett being lame-duck will have little or no impact this team ability contend for a Super Bowl over the next few years. Think it's a coincidence they signing all new contract for 5 or more years? I'm guessing not coz its part of their plan IF they have to go out and get a new coach next season. Think about, this team is now stack and secure, which of course makes it pretty damn attractive. I'm guessing they'll have long list of candidates who can't wait the get their hands on this team.

There's no doubt that quality coaches on the outside have thought about what they might do with this level of talent. Sean Payton is my guy, and he's surely thought about what he could do with a roster as deep Andrew talented as this one, I'd venture to bet Lincoln Riley has as well.

It's certainly appealing from a player talent perspective, that's undeniable.

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
HC and QB are the sole reason the Patriots are always near the top, and why the Cowboys can't get over the hump.

We've had the current HC who has been HC while at the same time having 2 QB's in that time frame. Romo's tenure with the Cowboys never resulted in a SB largely because of the coaching staff and lack of talent around him - see running game, offensive line etc. The O-Line, Zeke and the defensive pieces that were added were added for Tony Romo to take this team to the SB. Unfortunately time ran out for Romo and with the back injury came an untimely retirement. So in steps Dak and yes, everyone understands he isn't Tony Romo and frankly that isn't a bad thing. Romo was a gunslinger and while exciting to watch, that same gunslinger mentality also caused many a hair ripping losses as well. Dak is entering his 4th year. No one expected him to step in after Romo went down and steady things. In fact I recall in his rookie year most people was expecting a top 5 if not a top 3 pick in the next NFL draft when Romo went down. What people failed to expect was the Cowboys actually winning with Dak under center and actually making the playoffs. As far as I can see, the weakest link in all these years be it when Romo was under center or Dak, has and will be the Head Coach.

RodeoJake

Reaction score
When the boxing personalities come out against you, you know it’s time to duck. Just kidding. Let’s just hope this great team we magically put together somehow finds a way to get it done despite the coaching that’s clearly not had anything to do with our success. I’ve got a good feeling about this Moore kid we all hated so much just last year but who we now believe is out savior as a second year coach.

Horrible QB coach but boy genius OC. Lol. In all seriousness, I've seen it in the corporate world where someone is mediocre to poor in a lesser position, and excels in a higher position. Once the yoke of a superior comes off, the underling is allowed to fly on their own ideas.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
:hammer:

No need to hope, that's where we're at. You're right about the picture Jerry had in his head when he hired him - and Garrett checks off many of the requirements of the job. But those where he's lacking have become clear. So clear that even Jerry cannot ignore them any longer. And you're also right about what the expectations are at this point, take this team to the Championship Game or we're going to find someone who can.

1000%....no question his floor is now NFCCG

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Moore will have a big impact. But...........

If Garrett can't get the job done this year, Riley will be here soon after.
Three questions:

1. Why would Lincoln Riley take this job? His current gig is much easier. He has a huge talent advantage he won’t have in the NFL. And he currently has a boss who lets him do his job without micromanaging. Here? Lol.

2. How do we know Lincoln Riley isn’t another Nick Saban? A guy who wins with superior talent. Saban has been great in college, where if you can recruit talent, you can win. The NFL is much tougher to coach successfully, which Saban showed in his failed Miami gig.

3. What indications do we have Jerry will Fire Jason Garrett if we don’t go to NFC championship? IMO, it will require a complete collapse for JJ to say goodbye to his red haired step son.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We've had the current HC who has been HC while at the same time having 2 QB's in that time frame. Romo's tenure with the Cowboys never resulted in a SB largely because of the coaching staff and lack of talent around him - see running game, offensive line etc. The O-Line, Zeke and the defensive pieces that were added were added for Tony Romo to take this team to the SB. Unfortunately time ran out for Romo and with the back injury came an untimely retirement. So in steps Dak and yes, everyone understands he isn't Tony Romo and frankly that isn't a bad thing. Romo was a gunslinger and while exciting to watch, that same gunslinger mentality also caused many a hair ripping losses as well. Dak is entering his 4th year. No one expected him to step in after Romo went down and steady things. In fact I recall in his rookie year most people was expecting a top 5 if not a top 3 pick in the next NFL draft when Romo went down. What people failed to expect was the Cowboys actually winning with Dak under center and actually making the playoffs. As far as I can see, the weakest link in all these years be it when Romo was under center or Dak, has and will be the Head Coach.
Jerry Jones and Jason Garrett retired Tony Romo. The August 2016 back injury did not.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I get that but I also see the team doing things differently these days as well. There will come a day when Jerry realizes his time to win again is short and he needs a head coach that can deliver. That day may already be here or may come with another disappointment this year. He has a top notch roster and a head coach with no contract. This may be his last best chance at another Super Bowl and I think he may be smart enough to now realize the head coach is the most important piece to get over the last hurdle. I said I think they have a plan in place and I believe it involves offering Garrett a front office position instead of firing him. He is family and that would soften the blow for them. Garrett has a place in the NFL, it’s just not being in charge on the sidelines.
You’re missing the point. Jerry only wants to win his way. Bringing in a legit HC who could receive credit like Jimmy did isn’t how Jerry wants to win.

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
When the boxing personalities come out against you, you know it’s time to duck. Just kidding. Let’s just hope this great team we magically put together somehow finds a way to get it done despite the coaching that’s clearly not had anything to do with our success. I’ve got a good feeling about this Moore kid we all hated so much just last year but who we now believe is out savior as a second year coach.
the success of this this season pretty much hinges on dak taking the next step and Kellen moore and chris Richard

Cowboys22

Reaction score
You’re missing the point. Jerry only wants to win his way. Bringing in a legit HC who could receive credit like Jimmy did isn’t how Jerry wants to win.

I’m not missing the point at all. Everyone knows that the way it has been. I think maybe your missing that they have been doing things differently lately so it’s not hard to imagine Jerry will realize his time left is short and he can’t worry about the same things he did 25 years ago. I think if Jerry still wanted a puppet head coach moving forward, Garret would already have a new 5 year deal. I personally don’t think the next head coach will be a puppet.