Video: All the pieces are in place for a Cowboys SB except for one

Proof

Reaction score
While we have as talented team as we’ve had since Parcells left us, not many teams are winning a Super Bowl without an Elite QB or defense.

We aren’t even picked to win our own division but we have fans placing reaching championship game as ultimatum . Lol

Who thought we were better than any of the final 4 teams last year?

we have an elite defense. And the eagles happen to also be a high quality team. Winning the division is irrelevant*. Making the playoffs is and then all bets are off.

*. We will win the division.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
too soon to tell on the former (imo), agree on the latter

I'm rooting for the kid but growing pains are to be expected

My motto last year was Anyone But Linehan. I would have gone with Moore or Garrett midseason.

I agree about the growing pains for Moore, but Linehan was a never ending migraine.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
That's why you bring in a first year OC who's mastered their craft by being a QB coach for a year. No doubt this will help compensate for the HC's deficiencies, nothing slips by the GM of the Cowboys, he's always innovating.

I could be wrong but I believe Moore with Kitna as QB coach is a big upgrade over Linehan with Moore as QB coach.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
we have an elite defense. And the eagles happen to also be a high quality team. Winning the division is irrelevant*. Making the playoffs is and then all bets are off.

*. We will win the division.
Our defense was top 10. Not Elite. We’ll see if it has improved this year.

And if you don’t win division and or earn a bye the chances of reaching championship game are diminished greatly.

Proof

Reaction score
Our defense was top 10. Not Elite. We’ll see if it has improved this year.

And if you don’t win division and or earn a bye the chances of reaching championship game are diminished greatly.

I said have, not had. :cool:

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
I mean he's failed at everything in his NFL career. He was a terrible QB, and he failed to help Dak correct his weaknesses. I've heard he's allegedly a genius and a great guy. Sounds familiar.
That's what they told us about Garrett 12 years ago. I'm still waiting to see it.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Cowboys got to the NFC Championship game twice in a row and won the second one with Barry Switzer as coach, who at least for me is similar to Garrett, in that he's a delegator-type head coach.

Hopefully lightning will strike twice, at least there's some precedent for a team winning a SB with a mediocre at best head coach...

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Moore will have a big impact. But...........

If Garrett can't get the job done this year, Riley will be here soon after.

Why do people think its so certain Riley would do this? He can make as much money at OU, has better job security, and doesn't have to deal with whiney pros with a sense of entitlement and a bigger pay check than his.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
Jerry has locked up or is about to lock up all the talent for a SB. Yet he's turning it over to a lame-duck HC. Makes no sense!

This is the most accurate assessment of our team I've seen all year.

We are loaded.

But we have a weak link at head coach in a league full of great head coaches.