Video: All the pieces are in place for a Cowboys SB except for one

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I’m not missing the point at all. Everyone knows that the way it has been. I think maybe your missing that they have been doing things differently lately so it’s not hard to imagine Jerry will realize his time left is short and he can’t worry about the same things he did 25 years ago. I think if Jerry still wanted a puppet head coach moving forward, Garret would already have a new 5 year deal. I personally don’t think the next head coach will be a puppet.
We can’t base our hopes on your personal feelings. Lol

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
HC and QB are the sole reason the Patriots are always near the top, and why the Cowboys can't get over the hump.
There you go spreading your propaganda as an Eagles fan. Makes me wonder why the mods allow you to continue your campaign of chipping away at the morale of this forum's Cowboys fanbase.

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
I agree about this being JG's last chance but I'll believe Riley is the savior when I see it. He took over a program that already had a solid recruiting foundation, history, and routinely has the most talented roster in the Big XII (sorry, Horns fans). The NFL is a different animal.

Some college coaches successfully make the transition (Jimmy), others fail and go back to college (Saban).

And the old ball coach Steve Spuirrer.

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
Jerry has locked up or is about to lock up all the talent for a SB. Yet he's turning it over to a lame-duck HC. Makes no sense!

Kellerman has one of the more slappable faces.

GMO415

Reaction score
That's why you bring in a first year OC who's mastered their craft by being a QB coach for a year. No doubt this will help compensate for the HC's deficiencies, nothing slips by the GM of the Cowboys, he's always innovating.
Excellent point. I get why JJ didn't want to throw the team into chaos with s new HC, but it looks like he will next year. There must be something to this Lincoln Riley thing though....

McKDaddy

Reaction score
he's a delegator
but if he delegates while dictating they follow a wildly outdated approach to the game, he's just a bad coach, bad leader.

If he can't manage the game, he's a bad coach.

If he can't figure out when you HAVE to go for a fourth down in order to have any chance of winning, he's a bad coach.

If he can't game plan for things as obvious as not going directly against the strongest part of your opponents team, he's a bad coach.

Not trying to come after you directly but he's proven for many years that he's a bad head coach.

Yeah, you could put him in other roles and he might be almost ideal. But as a head coach, he isn't.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
Some people forget that there’s 31 other teams in the league. We have a decent roster for the first time in decades and there’s all this SB chatter? Other teams have been saying the same things and have had legitimate reasoning every year. How about the Cowboys actually win something meaningful for once.
(Giants fan)^^^^^^^

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I never asked you to. I simply gave my opinion. Isn’t that what this place is for?
Yes, I was arguing your post and that was your rebuttal. In other words besides your personal feeling you have nothing to add. Thanks

Cowboys22

Reaction score
Yes, I was arguing your post and that was your rebuttal. In other words besides your personal feeling you have nothing to add. Thanks

And neither do you or anyone else! It's your personal feeling Jerry will hire another puppet so he can hog all the credit. You have no proof that that's what he will do with his next coaching hire so it's just your opinion based on how things went with Jimmy 25 years ago. Way to go out on a limb with that one

Diehardblues

Reaction score
And neither do you or anyone else! It's your personal feeling Jerry will hire another puppet so he can hog all the credit. You have no proof that that's what he will do with his next coaching hire so it's just your opinion based on how things went with Jimmy 25 years ago. Way to go out on a limb with that one
No, but Jerrys history would provide support he’s not going to bring in another legit HC. All you have is personal feelings.

JJHLH1

Reaction score
Who thought we were better than any of the final 4 teams last year?

We beat the Saints rather handily last year. New Orleans was never the same after that game. No question we can compete with anyone, with the possible exception of the Patriots.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
Jerry has never respected the office of head coach. He thinks it's players that matter.

And if head coaches don't matter that much, why not go with a loyal family friend who won't bark back and who can charm the local media?

kskboys

Reaction score
When the boxing personalities come out against you, you know it’s time to duck. Just kidding. Let’s just hope this great team we magically put together somehow finds a way to get it done despite the coaching that’s clearly not had anything to do with our success. I’ve got a good feeling about this Moore kid we all hated so much just last year but who we now believe is out savior as a second year coach.
I really don't remember any hate towards Moore.

vlad

Reaction score
That's why you bring in a first year OC who's mastered their craft by being a QB coach for a year. No doubt this will help compensate for the HC's deficiencies, nothing slips by the GM of the Cowboys, he's always innovating.

Are you speaking about Moore or Garrett? :)

Diehardblues

Reaction score
We beat the Saints rather handily last year. New Orleans was never the same after that game. No question we can compete with anyone, with the possible exception of the Patriots.
The Bills beat the Patriots handily in regular season too. The Bills were never the same after that game . Lol

Diehardblues

Reaction score
When the boxing personalities come out against you, you know it’s time to duck. Just kidding. Let’s just hope this great team we magically put together somehow finds a way to get it done despite the coaching that’s clearly not had anything to do with our success. I’ve got a good feeling about this Moore kid we all hated so much just last year but who we now believe is out savior as a second year coach.
I don’t have much feeling either way about him. Without any prior history as OC really tough to gauge. Seems like most are just hoping to hope assuming it’s going to be better than Linehan.