All22 Review: Collins vs Leary

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
Was he? How do we know this? Collins has been better in the games.

He never seriously pushed Leary by all reports.

Leary has not been healthy and it is the reason he is giving up his spot.

A healthy Collins is better than a hurting Leary for sure.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
It's a zone scheme.

That is how you're supposed to run it.

If you feel like you can't get to the outside or cut it up the field then your next option is to cut back.

You just read the defense and they were all flowing towards Randles Right and he cut it back for a positive gain.

It looks to me like the blocking was pretty strong on the right side. Randle seems to bail too early.
And if you're not AP, Marshawn Lynch or another stud back, too much cutting against the grain and getting minimal yardage and not following your blockers or showing patience to allow the play to develop will get you benched before long.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
Good point :clap:

I just pointed that play out because it was the GIF posted. However the almost fumble against ATL he didn't have to leap if he was just a little bit more patient as the hole opened up. But I am just reading between the lines here and making a guess. Because clearly the OL coach was fuming, and I don't think it's because of the almost fumble. I think it's because this is happening a lot and it's making it appear the OL isn't opening holes. It's also not allowing the OL and RB to build chemistry either, because this back isn't that good.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
It looks to me like the blocking was pretty strong on the right side. Randle seems to bail too early.
And if you're not AP, Marshawn Lynch or another stud back, too many cutting against the grain and getting minimal yardage and not flowing your blockers or showing patience to allow the play to develop will get you on the bench before long.

He cuts it back a little early because Fredericks guy got up the field and even Doug Frees guy got up the field and he would have to go around them just to get to the outside and then cut back up the field.

Anyways.. You guys are over analyzing this 1 play that was a positive play.

Solid run by Randle here.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
And if you're not AP, Marshawn Lynch or another stud back, too much cutting against the grain and getting minimal yardage and not following your blockers or showing patience to allow the play to develop will get you benched before long.

Exactly and I think it's happen too often.. I don't think Randle is helping the run game at all. He does not have the talent to do what hes trying to do

dallasdave

Reaction score
I just pointed that play out because it was the GIF posted. However the almost fumble against ATL he didn't have to leap if he was just a little bit more patient as the hole opened up. But I am just reading between the lines here and making a guess. Because clearly the OL coach was fuming, and I don't think it's because of the almost fumble. I think it's because this is happening a lot and it's making it appear the OL isn't opening holes. It's also not allowing the OL and RB to build chemistry either, because this back isn't that good.

I just hope this off week gave the Cowboys time to get some of these issues worked out !!!

speedkilz88

Reaction score
He cuts it back a little early because Fredericks guy got up the field and even Doug Frees guy got up the field and he would have to go around them just to get to the outside and then cut back up the field.

Solid run by Randle here.

Yeah, I'm no expert but it looks like Fred let the NT into the lane which forced Randle to cut back.

If Tyson seals his guy off better, maybe then Randle goes back to the right. But the guy went low and got in there enough.

tyke1doe

Reaction score

The enemy of great is good.

Yes, he made positive yards, but he also could have gotten more.
And, if we're hard on Randle, it's his own fault. He's the one who said Murray left a lot of meat on the bone. Well, if you're going to say that, then we expect you to pick the bone dry.
Obviously, something's going on to where the coaches are unhappy with him. And as Cowboystar88 said, I don't think it's just because of the almost-fumble but because Randle may be cutting too soon when he really should be following the play as it develops.

But we shall see. If CMike has the same trouble, then I'm inclined to agree with you that maybe it is the offensive line.

As DeBarge sang, "In time it will reveal ..." :)

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
As do I, but Randle is what he is and I don't think it can be coached out of him.

I don't feel like the whole team is terrible including Randle. I don't think we've seen the best of our OL and I don't think we've seen the best of Joseph Randle.

Predictability and no Romo is crippling our run game.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
The enemy of great is good.

Yes, he may positive yards, but he also could have gotten more.
And, if we're hard on Randle, it's his own fault. He's the one who said Murray left a lot of meat on the bone. Well, if you're going to say that, then we expect you to pick the bone dry.
Obviously, something's going on to where the coaches are unhappy with him. And as Cowboystar88 said, I don't think it's just because of the almost-fumble but because Randle may be cutting too soon when he really should be following the play as it develops.

But we shall see. If CMike has the same trouble, then I'm inclined to agree with you that maybe it is the offensive line.

As DeBarge sang, "In time it will reveal ..." :)

Well how many more yards he could've got is debatable and what he chose to do was completely reasonable.

When there is penetration up the field, like there is on this play, then turning it into a positive play is a good thing.

Frederick and Free are the guys on this play that deserve some criticism.. Randle just reacted off of what their blocking allowed.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
I don't feel like the whole team is terrible including Randle. I don't think we've seen the best of our OL and I don't think we've seen the best of Joseph Randle.

I agree with you to a point. I don't think Randle is the work horse for this offense. I think he's a spot player, a relief player. This team needs more of a AP, Murray, Derek Henry type back. I don't think an Ameer Abdullah, C.J. Spiller, John Randle type backs are exact fits for this offensive line. We're more maulers than finesse, and we need running backs that fit that style.

Just my two cents. :)

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score

Randle hasn't been good. We've seen the O-Line be very good at times throughout the season.

The problem with Randle is that he doesn't run with power and he knows it. He looks very light out there. And it's very typical for a runner that's not very powerful to dance and be indecisive with his cuts and to do things like try to leap over the pile on the goal line.

I think there's definite room for improvement for Randle and I thought we started to see it better in the Patriots game. But, I don't think he has the makings for the type of runner that works best for this scheme because it's meant for a downhill runner and that's not Randle.

YR

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Well how many more yards he could've got is debatable and what he chose to do was completely reasonable.

When there is penetration up the field, like there is on this play, then turning it into a positive play is a good thing.

Frederick and Free are the guys on this play that deserve some criticism.. Randle just reacted off of what their blocking allowed.

Well, we'll never know what would have happened had he followed the flow of the blocks so it's no point in getting into an overly heated argument about this. The play is done and gone.

So I receive your comments in the spirit in which they are intended as honest observations on your part. :)

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I was there too. For as great of a season as Demarco had, there was 'meat on the bone'.

But, judging by this video, Randle looks like a vegetarian!

:facepalm:

You're leaving meat on the judging bone.