Signed by Cowboys Allen Hurns, Cowboys Agree To 2-Year Deal

jrumann59

Reaction score
Cutting Williams doesn't make sense, but trading him would. (My understanding is the amount saved or loss capwise would be negligible,) Not sure what we could get for him, though.
A trade will give about 1 million in Cap relief, not a lot but better than the alternative. Keeping him when he probably will see less of the field seems counter productive not to mention WR 4-6 usually play teams. Do you see Dez, Williams, Thompson, or Hurns playing teams. Trade TWill get 1mm in cap space, trade Beasley and get 3.25M in cap space keep Brown and Lenor and whoever is left standing at the end of TC is the 6th.

phildadon86

Reaction score
No, it was "literally" 2 posts up, and I "literally" didn't read far enough to get to that post.
Youre just not a happy person are you? Always come after me with hate. I am just messing with you man. Its a message board not a courtroom.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score

Interesting. Does not appear to be a Tweet from a player threatened or who is on the way out.

I do note radio silence from Dez Bryant and Terrence Williams though.

Bowdown27

Reaction score
Great signing and afforadable. Watkins at 16 million was too much. Hurns w dez And zeke. Can make the offense a lot better. IF we open the playbookk

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
A trade will give about 1 million in Cap relief, not a lot but better than the alternative. Keeping him when he probably will see less of the field seems counter productive not to mention WR 4-6 usually play teams. Do you see Dez, Williams, Thompson, or Hurns playing teams. Trade TWill get 1mm in cap space, trade Beasley and get 3.25M in cap space keep Brown and Lenor and whoever is left standing at the end of TC is the 6th.

Thompson probably will play on special teams, but not the others.

Trading one or both of Williams and Beasley would certainly make sense based on these additions, if they have any trade value.

LowTech

the most important member
Reaction score
Living in Florida I get all the Jag and Dolphin games pushed on me. The first time I ever saw this guy play I ask myself who is this guy because i’d Never heard of him. Having seen this guy play over time, I have no problem with this signing.

gimmesix

Reaction score
Great signing and afforadable. Watkins at 16 million was too much. Hurns w dez And zeke. Can make the offense a lot better. IF we open the playbookk

The playbook won't differ. We don't change that. We just change the players running those same plays and wait for defenses to adjust to them.

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
The Cowboys handling of this will be interesting. Burns could be an upgrade over TWill but cutting TWill doesn't make cap sense. TWill might be safe because of the cap implications.

Burns would be a clear upgrade over every receiver on the roster, including Dez except Beasley who is a stud at what he does. This could be a Dez replacement for half of Dez salary.
This type of post is embarrassing.

Like you literally lose all football credibility.

You can dislike Dez. You can hate his salary. But to call Hurns a better player than Dez....Hurns...a guy who just sat on free agency into week 2....who was set loose by the Jaguars....who just signed a miniscule deal in this WR market...makes you look like a fool and a hater.

gimmesix

Reaction score

Interesting. Does not appear to be a Tweet from a player threatened or who is on the way out.

I do note radio silence from Dez Bryant and Terrence Williams though.

As the designated slot receiver, I don't know if I would feel threatened by Dallas signing a No. 2 receiver either. He'd definitely be seen as more of a threat to Williams or Bryant's jobs ... although it could trickle down to Beasley.

Thompson and Switzer are more of a threat to Beasley's position IMO.

Carter

Reaction score
So i guess the Cowboys see it like me. No WR worth a 1st Rounder in this Class

phildadon86

Reaction score
This type of post is embarrassing.

Like you literally lose all football credibility.

You can dislike Dez. You can hate his salary. But to call Hurns a better player than Dez....Hurns...a guy who just sat on free agency into week 2....who was set loose by the Jaguars....who just signed a miniscule deal in this WR market...makes you look like a fool and a hater.
I thought the whole saying beasely is better than hurns thing was also comical. Give me a savvy 6'3 route runner at the 3 spot any day over an oompa loompa. Don't get me wrong I love beasely but that comparison was just a joke.

Leadbelly

Reaction score
So Guard or Tackle is the spot they'll fill via the draft in early rounds.

There's another WR move to be made soon it seems - Beasley or Twilliams.

jrumann59

Reaction score
The playbook won't differ. We don't change that. We just change the players running those same plays and wait for defenses to adjust to them.
maybe not but you do get flexibility because trotting Beas, Williams, and Dex out there everyone knows Bease is 5-9 yard routes and Dez and Williams will go intermediate to deep. Run Dez, Hurns, Thompson you at leaset have more route options from the slot since Bease is not deep pattern receiver.