Am I wrong about Hurts?

Scottishcowboy

Reaction score
Cognitive dissonance is a real thing with some of our fans. The people that are down playing Hurts' ability to throw the ball is funny. AFTER having over 100 yards rushing in the first quarter, other Cowboys fans that I was watching the GB game with kept saying that "he can't throw". I kept answering them with the same statement. If he can't throw, how does he have more PASSING YARDS than Aaron Rogers? I don't know if you guys remember when Cam Newton took an offense with 2 UDFA tackles, no name WRs and average running backs to the Super Bowl in '15. He carried that offense to one of the best records in NFL history at 15-1. Cam had 3800 yards with 35 passing TDs on 60% completion rate and rushed for close to 650 yards and another 10 TDs. He was named the league MVP. I'm not saying Hurts will win the MVP (he's in the conversation), but you don't have to be the best "passer" to win as a QB in this league. A lot of us don't realize how much pressure a mobile QB puts on a defense. Just because you don't like his "style" of play, you have to admit that is effective. They have the best record in the league because of him. I can't wait to see how we defend him on Christmas Eve.

The Cam Newton comp is a fair one but he also flamed out pretty quickly after that MVP season.

Hurts development has shocked me this year, fair play to the young man.

I won't be unhappy though if they give him a 5 year $50 million type contract as I can see him slowing up physically as well as DCs getting to grips with his game.

Again, good on you young man, you have my attention.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
My mother taught me to always speak well of people, so . . . folks love him in Philly, even though we hate his guts in Texas! :lmao:

Last edited:

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
Cognitive dissonance is a real thing with some of our fans. The people that are down playing Hurts' ability to throw the ball is funny. AFTER having over 100 yards rushing in the first quarter, other Cowboys fans that I was watching the GB game with kept saying that "he can't throw". I kept answering them with the same statement. If he can't throw, how does he have more PASSING YARDS than Aaron Rogers? I don't know if you guys remember when Cam Newton took an offense with 2 UDFA tackles, no name WRs and average running backs to the Super Bowl in '15. He carried that offense to one of the best records in NFL history at 15-1. Cam had 3800 yards with 35 passing TDs on 60% completion rate and rushed for close to 650 yards and another 10 TDs. He was named the league MVP. I'm not saying Hurts will win the MVP (he's in the conversation), but you don't have to be the best "passer" to win as a QB in this league. A lot of us don't realize how much pressure a mobile QB puts on a defense. Just because you don't like his "style" of play, you have to admit that is effective. They have the best record in the league because of him. I can't wait to see how we defend him on Christmas Eve.
Should be a good game!
It's OK to admit they have a good team.
Our job is to be better
I think we win if we don't make stupid mistakes ie turnovers and penalties

Jimbo123

Reaction score
The Cam Newton comp is a fair one but he also flamed out pretty quickly after that MVP season.

I won't be unhappy though if they give him a 5 year $50 million type contract as I can see him slowing up physically as well as DCs getting to grips with his game.

Hurts spending the summer working out with Tom House is probably why he has improved so much.

DenCWBY

Reaction score
After watching some of his games this year IMO Hurts is a significantly improved passer this year. He's known for his ability to run which is a major threat however he's better as a passer both in and out of the pocket and with his deeper passes. Yes, a lot of that comes with a much-improved receiver corp. and a very good Oline but make no mistake, he's a good, hard working, competitive QB (all the way back from the Alabama days). He also has a good head on his shoulders to make good decisions to protect the ball. We'll need to hit him early and hit him hard when given the chance. He's way to comfortable in that offense as it stands today.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
I like the qb sneaks, teams know it is coming and still cant stop it!
also he usually gets 5 yds when only 1 or 2 is needed.

Passing this year , he is way better.

But the thing no one mentions is the coaching, and the gm .
they got some good pieces put around him, and designed a offense FOR HIM!

Most OC's have a scheme and they force qb to run that offense.
Phil designed one that fit their qb, and got other guys to fit that offense.

So far it has worked great, and if they get # 1 seed, they probably go to SB.
I dont see any teams going to phil and in possible cold/bad weather and beating them, as they are a running team.

stuckindc

Reaction score
He’s better than people give him credit for. He‘s decent in the pocket and obviously good on the move. Eagles are the real deal and he’s a big part of why they are.
The OC can call a great game, each week.

Mr_437

Reaction score
Hurts will be judged in the Playoffs where he stunk it up last season.

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
Hurts will be judged in the Playoffs where he stunk it up last season.

Hurts DID stink it up last season against TB in w.c. game.

BUT, he is a completely different player from a passing/defense reading standpoint this year. Also, even Tom cheating Brady and Aaron rogers need legit receivers, and Philly now has Top 2 or 3 level group of receivers league wide (once their TE returns). Last year, they were bottom third talent wise for receivers.

All that said...... the Playoffs is a different sport all together almost. Our own precious cowboys have had some good regular seasons over the decades, but haven't even sniffed a NFCCG in nearly 30 years once playoffs roll around.

Hurts is an unknown (except for 1 year) in playoffs. He can win the MVP this year, but unless he's a gamer in the playoffs, regular season stats mean nothing. Just ask Dak.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
He’s a shiny too. Tebow. He couldnt pass against us and used his legs and the runnings to score. He’s literally at the same level as a passer.

I think Hurts has improved as a QB and his stats show the same. His passing has improved, he has shown better accuracy this season with his throws. His running ability as dangerous as ever. Calling him Tebow far from accurate. I know he plays for Philly but removing any bias I would be lying is I said he was not a good player. No doubt he makes mistakes but in my view much better player this season than he has shown in the past

Cowboys1966

Reaction score
He’s a shiny too. Tebow. He couldnt pass against us and used his legs and the runnings to score. He’s literally at the same level as a passer.
He’s having a better season passing the ball than dak ever has. And he crushes dak in every other category.

Cowboys1966

Reaction score
The rams traded all of their first round picks. The Eagles have been stockpiling first round picks.
Lol don’t confuse folks with facts.
They do have a ton of fa though. Next years team will look very different…esp on defense.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
Tom Brady is impressed with him.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...FbQ-XcbMBALoLA1A341An1dawHGf7iqYxBSXu4ym8OBQ8

jalen-hurts-3-usatsi.jpg

kskboys

Reaction score
Philly did what the Rams did last year. Sold out to win. Meanwhile, the Dallas Cowboys and Jerry Jones...smh
Did they? Is that why they have two first round picks next draft? And the Rams don't have any?

cnuball21

Reaction score

I’d love to see the Eagles dish out 50 mil a year to Hurts.

As I’ve said, he’s a fun player now but I don’t think he’s built for long term success.

Great runner and plays the system well but just don’t see him as a high end thrower.

kskboys

Reaction score
I’d love to see the Eagles dish out 50 mil a year to Hurts.

As I’ve said, he’s a fun player now but I don’t think he’s built for long term success.

Great runner and plays the system well but just don’t see him as a high end thrower.
Hurts is a very good playmaker, but up to now has lacked the consistency to be a high level starter. Will that change? I don't think so, but I guess it could.