Signed by Cowboys Amari Cooper traded to Cowboys **merged**

John813

Reaction score
This team.

We don't need a stud RB with this line ~2015.
Drafts Zeke in 16 with the 4th overall.

We don't need a #1 receiver and can rely on route running.
Trades a first for Cooper.

So smart.

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Well there it is...Jerry's Hail Mary.

Josh Gordon could have been had for a bag of Skittles and he is light years better than this bum. Dez could have been brought back. Terrell Pryor is out there for a waiver claim. All three of those guys are better than Cooper and save you a first round pick that could have been used to grab a top WR in the draft.

This will not save the season. This will not make Dak a legit QB. This will not make Garrett a better coach. This will not help a struggling offensive line.

This is a joke with a cringe-worthy punchline.

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score
I blame Garrett..........due to his inability to coach football led Jerry to do something stupid.

ThatJerryKid

cowboys31
Reaction score
Hey everybody, I have a question. A question that could lead us to a championship if the answer is yes. Please answer yes and send me likes:

Can Amari Cooper run the jet sweep?

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
When I saw the news I thought, hmmm, be interesting to see how this plays out. Wonder how quickly he’ll be able to actually contribute.

Doesn’t seem like a bad deal if the kid can play.

Then I log onto CZ and see this atrocity of a thread. LOL.
None of y’all even want to see if the kid is worth a 1st. Y’all are just always ready for a reason for “outrage”. Truly funny.
Nah. Not a bad move at all if you had Romo at QB.

Doesn't make a damn bit of a difference if the QB is the problem and can't see him open and get the ball to him.

Masking symptoms doesn't cure the problem.

LucaBrasi

Sleeps with the fishes
Reaction score
Stephen just last week: "More important than ever to hit on your own draft picks, then do a 2nd contract with your OWN players, players you live with every day."

I see he has the same art for bull**** the old man has.

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score
As I stated earlier in the thread.

Ask yourself this question. On that play Dak fumbled, where Gallup is breaking wide open, if you drop Cooper in for Gallup does Dak throw that pass?

Of course not. People thinking things are magically going to change with Cooper at WR are probably just wishfully thinking at this point, just desperate for something to hold onto.

Jerry is just getting the pieces together for the Mike White era. He's sly like that.

Eight_Trips

Reaction score
Jerry did this to defer the Dak question for another year. What we will hear in the off-season is that we acquired Amari mid-season and the two didn't have the opportunity to connect and given an off-season of work, they will be fine.

Then when or if Amari hasn't fixed Dak's accuracy, defense reading and decision making issues Jerry will be forced to look at Dak next year.

Maybe. Hopefully. Doubtful.

TheBigEasy

Reaction score

MrPeanutbutter

What is this, a crossover episode?
Reaction score
This team.

We don't need a stud RB with this line ~2015.
Drafts Zeke in 16 with the 4th overall.

We don't need a #1 receiver and can rely on route running.
Trades a first for Cooper.

So smart.
Oh for the love of God. You think Zeke was a bad move?

These fans. Sad, really.

gmb1

Reaction score
Well there it is...Jerry's Hail Mary.

Josh Gordon could have been had for a bag of Skittles and he is light years better than this bum. Dez could have been brought back. Terrell Pryor is out there for a waiver claim. All three of those guys are better than Cooper and save you a first round pick that could have been used to grab a top WR in the draft.

This will not save the season. This will not make Dak a legit QB. This will not make Garrett a better coach. This will not help a struggling offensive line.

This is a joke with a cringe-worthy punchline.
It helps that Josh Gordon is with a legitimate organization.

Dre11

Reaction score
Dude is going to be making about 15 million next season. They not only gave up the first, but put solid pressure on the cap, to resign some of our key free agents in 2019.
:facepalm:
they will be fine there's some guys that they probably should get ready to cut anyway plus they can renegotiation contracts

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
Wow...IMO I think Jerry did this because he is really pissed off how the season has gone. He wanted to trade for Earl and is not happy with Stephen and company did not make it happen. He is pissed at Garrett for the crappy job. He wanted to do something and believes trading for Cooper is worth the gamble.

Mr_Strol

Reaction score
Say what you want, but this will help the run game, which is the most important thing.

We’ll have a WR that defenses actually respect.
Have you seen Amari Cooper play the last two years? How is he an upgrade?

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
DAK-Disaster continues a never ending Saga which will run its tale till our America's team burns to the ground......with Jerry holding the matches....