Signed by Cowboys Amari Cooper traded to Cowboys **merged**

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Jerry Jones could fill a library with his bad ideas over the years but there are 4 moves I can point out as the absolute worst he's ever made. They were all franchise altering in a bad way.

- Getting rid of Jimmy and destroying a dynasty. This will always be his worst decision.

- Reversing course when Parcells stepped down and gleefully going right back to weak head coaches with no authority.

- Standing pat in the 2016 draft and allowing the Eagles to move up for a truly great young QB prospect. At a time when our franchise guy was broken down and operating on fumes.

- The Amari Cooper trade. Investing what could be a top 10-15 pick in an underachieving player...but that's hardly the worst part, here is the key...and doing so as a clear sign of extending the Prescott era. They are all in on a complete bum at QB and have now lost their 1st round pick to show for it.

The 4 worst moves of the Jerry era. All franchise altering in the worst way. The Galloway and Williams trades didn't bring with it more wasted years and a God forsaken new contract to a horrible QB.

We can't even have the draft to look forward to.

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score
I wonder if Jerry got Garrett's approval to sign off on this trade............better yet, I wonder if Garrett was even informed of the newest acquisition.........:muttley:

Last edited:

NumOneQB

Reaction score
Sure it does, but that doesn't change the fact that he's a hell of a lot better and we could have had him here a hell of a lot cheaper than Cooper.

Can you imagine Gordon here under Jerruh & Garrett-top? 3 ring circus until Jan. Bellicheat at least has the brass to garner respect and control the guy. What does Garrett have?

Cannibal_Cowboy

Reaction score
Yay, another wide receiver Dak won't throw to! And gave up a first round pick for him too. Heck , Jerry Rice in his prime would have sucked with Dak as his quarterback :muttley:.

Alohawg1

Reaction score
So, after this 8-8 season and another next year led by Dak, some team will strike gold the #1 pick, Tua Tagovailoa. This is a level of stupid I can't comprehend.
Looking forward to the upcoming Chiefs-Rams SB, but not much else.

InTheZone

Reaction score
Marcellus Wiley just made a similar point. This move will either help Dak blossom or expose him.
he's already exposed. Jason Garrett just set himself up for an extension once he "convinces" Stephen he needs a 1st round QB so once he gets one...in two years time minimum now...and then he'll need 3 years development with him...and by then our OLine and Zeke will not be GREAT and he'll have the excuse of needing New QB friendly players. JG will be around here longer than Landry, just watch.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
BAAAAAAAAAAHAAAAAAAAAAAAHAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!

We just gave up a first for freaking Cooper:lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2:

Dumbest organization in the entire league...…………..just straight up trash...………..and they wonder why the constantly lose:rolleyes:

Philmonroe

Reaction score
Oh so you thought it would make Dak better right?

If only you had drugs as an excuse
Like I said kids please don't do drugs. They aren't good for you. Show me the post where I said such. Since you can't find such you know the answer to your question already. Your post just sounding like drug influenced rambling and I wanted the kids to have a PSA on what not to do using your post lol

CACowboy714

Reaction score
Is it just me or does it seem like Jerry does more to help teams other than his own become great? Rams, Saints, Eagles, Raiders (potentially)......

mugsybows

Reaction score
hearing on radio in northern california that stephen called reggie and offered him first right away. no haggling what so ever. stephen has run and will continue to run this team into the ground.

stephen doing all he can to salvage jason. cooper wont help.