Signed by Cowboys Amari Cooper traded to Cowboys **merged**

speedkilz88

Reaction score
I haven't seen anything close to a majority or even a vocal minority wanting Lawrence or Byron cut.

On the flipside, if the majority of fans here had their way we never would've hired Gailey or Campo or Wade or Garrett. We would've hired a real GM a couple of decades ago. We wouldn't keep trading #1 picks for WR's or a 1st and 2nd for Mo Claiborne. And we probably would have more than just 2 wildcard wins in the last 20+ years.

Sad that the fans here would actually be far better than our owner/GM.
New to this board?

Been in a coma?

Without internet?

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Go read my Post "To All The Critics". Jerry Dumbo GM messed up after he did not get Watson or Robinson in FA, then he should have not released Dez Bryant. Once he released Dez Bryant and then the retirement of Witten, he killed his own offense. Jerry Jones said he hasn't had a no.1 WR in years. If so, he should have traded Dez after the 2014 season.

Cooper actually will have 4 weeks rest as the Raiders had a bye week this week and he sat out the previous game. Coming off a concussion that is very important.

Yes, and I'm glad that he will have had that much rest. And I agree. Once we had franchised Dez, we should have traded him. Could've used the extra first.

817Gill

Reaction score
Amari Cooper is a proven NFL #1? I must have missed the last two seasons.
Yeah you must have missed a coaching staff that got fired in 2017 after his whole team took a huge step back and the joke of a coaching staff this year. It’s original pretty obvious from his first two years that he can play. Just a matter of if there’s stability around him. We can argue if that exists here but as far as Coopers skillset it’s been proven he can play.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
There's no way I'd give up a premium draft pick for an oft injured 30 something year old lb, if the Cowboys trade to get Sean Lean and gave up anything more than a conditional 7th rounder I'd be upset.

I'd be fine with a 4th, and could see the logic in a third depending on the team.

817Gill

Reaction score
680 yards last season
280 yards this season

Those stats don't look like "a proven #1" to me...………..and if you say they are, then why did we get rid of Dez?

838 yards last season...……...Dez Bryant
If you guys want to ignore the issues the Raiders as a whole faced the last two years then be my guest. But if you actually know football you can see that just about every player on the Raiders nailed it in starting in 2017. Khalil Mack was on a decline statistically since the beginning of 2017, look what a change of scenery did for him.

Coop can play and doubting that is stupid. If he’s involved in the game he balls, see his 200 yard games this year. Remember the Raiders are one of the most dysfunctional teams in the NFL, they’ve routinely let talent go only to have it flourish somewhere else. Carson Palmer and Randy Moss are two great examples. He didn’t suddenly forget how to play football after two years lol, cmon guys.

AmericanCowboy

Reaction score
If you guys want to ignore the issues the Raiders as a whole faced the last two years then be my guest. But if you actually know football you can see that just about every player on the Raiders nailed it in starting in 2017. Khalil Mack was on a decline statistically since the beginning of 2017, look what a change of scenery did for him.

Coop can play and doubting that is stupid. If he’s involved in the game he balls, see his 200 yard games this year. Remember the Raiders are one of the most dysfunctional teams in the NFL, they’ve routinely let talent go only to have it flourish somewhere else. Carson Palmer and Randy Moss are two great examples. He didn’t suddenly forget how to play football after two years lol, cmon guys.

Right I guess they don’t get him involved because they didn’t want him to reach 200 yards....

CapnB

Reaction score
I haven't seen anything close to a majority or even a vocal minority wanting Lawrence or Byron cut.

On the flipside, if the majority of fans here had their way we never would've hired Gailey or Campo or Wade or Garrett. We would've hired a real GM a couple of decades ago. We wouldn't keep trading #1 picks for WR's or a 1st and 2nd for Mo Claiborne. And we probably would have more than just 2 wildcard wins in the last 20+ years.

Sad that the fans here would actually be far better than our owner/GM.

Than you havent been on cowboys message boards that long. Because there was a time when both picks were dubbed bust by a WHOLE lot of people. And please dont be wanna those people that makes it sound like we gave up a 1st and 2nd for Mo. Technically the 2nd round pick was the only pick we gave up and had no 2nd round picks after doing so. And no, fans here would not do any better because a butt load of fans on here and other boards would give up on 1st and 2nd round draft picks halfway through their 1st season and cut them. But, our owner/gm has screwed up a whole lot and he knows that and he knows he would not have a job as a GM anywhere else if he didnt own the team.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
I wouldn't go that far but I will say that this organization has been far more right on moves then this website has. IF this website or fans had their way Demarcus Lawrence would've been cut as would Byron Jones. Among other stupid moves.
True. Although, I never was for those moves. Even though coaches and Jones know more than we do overall, it's possible we can know some things better than they, even if it's an educated guess.

CapnB

Reaction score
Here's another one. Because Stephen worked the phone he was the decision maker.

Makes sense. Will McClay works the phone in the war room before handing it off to his "underling" Jerry Jones.

You think Jerry cut Dez?

817Gill

Reaction score
Right I guess they don’t get him involved because they didn’t want him to reach 200 yards....
Nah more likely because their coach just signed a 10 year 100 Million dollar deal and wants to deal everyone including his future hall of fame DE. We are talking about the same team that is making everyone available for a trade lol including their 1st round pick from 2 years ago. This team is tearing it down and rebuilding and we were given one of those building blocks, be happy we actually have a decent WR corps now.

FTWayne

Reaction score
Sorry I didn't get time to read all the way through the thread, but what year is the first round pick coming from.

If it's next year is this a move to ensure we don't get a good quarterback to replace dak.

817Gill

Reaction score
I think it’s hilarious how this fan base operates. We gripe and groan that we have no weapons and no #1 WR and then the front office goes and get one and we get furious about it. Haha what logic is that?

-WR 1’s don’t fall off trees. You either draft them mostly in the 1st, sign them in FA, or make a trade. If we did what most of y’all wanted last year we would have broke the bank for Sammy Watkins. That would have been a terrible decision.

-Cooper is way better than any WR we would have drafted. Receivers don’t even usually make an impact until year 2 so we wouldn’t even get legitimate WR help till 2020 IF we made the right WR choice.

-No one is trading legitimate #1 WR talent for a third rounded haha cmon guys other GM’s get paid too. We aren’t gonna fleece someone out of their WR1 for a third especially when they know how much we need one.

-If you think Amari Cooper can’t play you’re simply wrong. He’s put more than enough tape on record to show he’s legit. Last years he had an inept coaching staff and this year the coach wanted to trade the whole team before the season starts. Go watch a Raider game and show me one guy who’s playing hard and focused for Gruden. Amari’s not perfect, but holy crap guys he has done more than enough to show he’s a pro-bowl caliber receiver. 24 year olds don’t just forget how to play WR after 2 great seasons to start their career.

-Those who are mad because they wanted a DT next year probably haven’t watched this team in 15 years because we do not draft interior d lineman in the first round. Also the defense has been too solid for the front office to use a pick on D. That pick next year was going to be offense the whole time.

-Also drafting a QB would mean trading the house to move up as the only 2 franchise QB’s will be gone by pick 4. So let’s not act like we traded away a slam dunk hall of famer at QB.

-Finally this move allows us to use the rest of this season to see if Dak is the answer. As of now, the coaching staff and Dak have 0 personnel excuses to make. If Dak finishes this season like he started it, then him and the coaches are on their way out. I would assume the coaches ASAP and Dak after 1 more year as he’s cheap and their aren’t too many better options. If Dak balls out with Coop, we literally have a roster loaded with talent at every position. And two top 100 picks to add icing on the cake, with this teams draft accumen we’ll get 1 or 2 starters anyway. Same as most other teams.

No one is happy giving up a first, but the team made a difficult choice that had to be made. This team on paper is actually pretty freakin good. Replace the coaches and possibly QB and you got a real squad with a pro bowler in every position group on the team. Think critically don’t just freak out just cause you saw first round on the trade ticker.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
I want to say I think my initial reaction was wrong.

I like the trade. I think it makes our team better for the future, too.