Signed by Cowboys Amari Cooper traded to Cowboys **merged**

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Guaranteed the Raiders would have sent a pick back once they realized a team was stupid enough to part with their 1st round pick.

It just wasn't on Harry and Lloyd's mind. That's for actual legit front office/personnel people.

Web back.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Guaranteed the Raiders would have sent a pick back once they realized a team was stupid enough to part with their 1st round pick.

It just wasn't on Harry and Lloyd's mind. That's for actual legit front office/personnel people.

Web back.

Clue, smart guy, as a franchise, the Cowboys have had to pay dearly for almost all gains that actually helped the team. Especially since the introduction of the cap and free agency.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
Cooper-Fumble.gif

charleshaleyfan94

Reaction score
How much you want to bet we didn't even attempt to get a pick back in this trade? Ok, you can take our 1st but we want a 3rd back. Even a 4th. Something.

Didn't even cross their minds.

Just the worst front office in sports.
I's done now. I can picture now how all of us fans blow up in next year's draft when we see who we could have had... We can't play for a high #1 pick now. Who in their right mind would negotiate with a Chuckie Doll??

Outlaw Heroes

Reaction score
‘He wanted the player and was willing to give us the pick.’

It’s clownish and amateurish to pay someone’s initial asking price. There apparently wasn’t even a negotiation.

This isn’t even about football. It’s about good business sense. I guess you don’t need that to drill holes. (You certainly don’t need it to run Daddy’s business.)

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I's done now. I can picture now how all of us fans blow up in next year's draft when we see who we could have had... We can't play for a high #1 pick now. Who in their right mind would negotiate with a Chuckie Doll??

It's going to be torture.

Fastpitch Dad

Reaction score
I think it’s hilarious how this fan base operates. We gripe and groan that we have no weapons and no #1 WR and then the front office goes and get one and we get furious about it. Haha what logic is that?

-WR 1’s don’t fall off trees. You either draft them mostly in the 1st, sign them in FA, or make a trade. If we did what most of y’all wanted last year we would have broke the bank for Sammy Watkins. That would have been a terrible decision.

-Cooper is way better than any WR we would have drafted. Receivers don’t even usually make an impact until year 2 so we wouldn’t even get legitimate WR help till 2020 IF we made the right WR choice.

-No one is trading legitimate #1 WR talent for a third rounded haha cmon guys other GM’s get paid too. We aren’t gonna fleece someone out of their WR1 for a third especially when they know how much we need one.

-If you think Amari Cooper can’t play you’re simply wrong. He’s put more than enough tape on record to show he’s legit. Last years he had an inept coaching staff and this year the coach wanted to trade the whole team before the season starts. Go watch a Raider game and show me one guy who’s playing hard and focused for Gruden. Amari’s not perfect, but holy crap guys he has done more than enough to show he’s a pro-bowl caliber receiver. 24 year olds don’t just forget how to play WR after 2 great seasons to start their career.

-Those who are mad because they wanted a DT next year probably haven’t watched this team in 15 years because we do not draft interior d lineman in the first round. Also the defense has been too solid for the front office to use a pick on D. That pick next year was going to be offense the whole time.

-Also drafting a QB would mean trading the house to move up as the only 2 franchise QB’s will be gone by pick 4. So let’s not act like we traded away a slam dunk hall of famer at QB.

-Finally this move allows us to use the rest of this season to see if Dak is the answer. As of now, the coaching staff and Dak have 0 personnel excuses to make. If Dak finishes this season like he started it, then him and the coaches are on their way out. I would assume the coaches ASAP and Dak after 1 more year as he’s cheap and their aren’t too many better options. If Dak balls out with Coop, we literally have a roster loaded with talent at every position. And two top 100 picks to add icing on the cake, with this teams draft accumen we’ll get 1 or 2 starters anyway. Same as most other teams.

No one is happy giving up a first, but the team made a difficult choice that had to be made. This team on paper is actually pretty freakin good. Replace the coaches and possibly QB and you got a real squad with a pro bowler in every position group on the team. Think critically don’t just freak out just cause you saw first round on the trade ticker.

I don't like this trade at all, I mean I really dislike it.

Having said that, I do like your post. It's the most rational one I've read in the 70+ pages. I wish I shared your optimism. Well done my friend.

Brax

Reaction score
Only time will tell here dude, again if we end up going on a winning streak and cooper is a big part of it then I’m ok with it....if we end up at 6 and 10 then I would agree we gave up too much.

Have to see how it plays out this year first

Have
Not the player the price, just can't see him as a savior based on the QB they have, this moves reeks of the Jerry motto that "they are only one player away". As you say the end of the year will tell the story.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
After thinking about it, I don't like the pick. It's going to cost us more.

Jipper

Reaction score
Not the player the price, just can't see him as a savior based on the QB they have, this moves reeks of the Jerry motto that "they are only one player away". As you say the end of the year will tell the story.

Again I don't disagree on the price being too high at this point, but have to see what the return is. If Dallas ends up with a high teens pick the chances are they would have gone wr anyway and I'd rather have Cooper than any of the guys coming out....

But if we suck and end up top ten or worse it's a different story....again I think time will tell and right now arguments can be made both ways

MyFairLady

Reaction score
I am sad thinking about the draft. The night when hope shines brightest has been stripped away cause Jerry needed a shiny new toy. I am can't wait for news to break on a 150 million dollar 10 year extension making him a Cowboy for life.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
WOW. Lots Of Negative Nancies. Cooper is a great addition to this offense. More weapons for Dak.